Do You Want To Retire Before 60 ?

The Hawaii place looks good but I will miss my chicken rice, laksa, wanton mee etc...  These are comfort food that I will never let go of when I retire 🤗

18 minutes ago, awhtc said:

The Hawaii place looks good but I will miss my chicken rice, laksa, wanton mee etc...  These are comfort food that I will never let go of when I retire 🤗

For your info, in honolulu, can get all those you mention.  But no rojak.  
if i dont have children, i would be gone long ago.   Get one of the top floor most prestigious condos in Honolulu, 1500sft.  
max luxury for usd 2 mil.   Same thing will cost easily double in stupid sinkieland. 

buy a 911 turbo for driving round downtown and a Mercy G63 for camping and a Harley Lowrider for coastal rides.  No need to wear helmet, just sunglasses can ride and feel the wind in your hair.   

can also drive or ride to Northshore area to enjoy the waves and nature. 

moreover it is a polynesian place.  I was once thought to be a local in hawaii when one old ang moh guy ask me for directions right outside ala moana center.   

kNN, the more i think, the more i feel like a failure in SG 😥😢🥺😕

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

22 minutes ago, awhtc said:

OK lah been there once. Can get decent Jipun and Chinese food one. And one of the bros here got a bro selling Ice Cream there too. 

Edited by Volvobrick

36 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

This one i recommend for couples with no kids. Sell your HDB and move to Hawaii , enjoy your retirement.

full cash no problem at all.  

Sorry bro.....no doubt it is nice,  but I cannot accept any western country for retirement. If Hawaii is under some Asian countries, can still consider.....

Edited by Starry

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

For your info, in honolulu, can get all those you mention.  But no rojak.  
if i dont have children, i would be gone long ago.   Get one of the top floor most prestigious condos in Honolulu, 1500sft.  
max luxury for usd 2 mil.   Same thing will cost easily double in stupid sinkieland. 

buy a 911 turbo for driving round downtown and a Mercy G63 for camping and a Harley Lowrider for coastal rides.  No need to wear helmet, just sunglasses can ride and feel the wind in your hair.   

can also drive or ride to Northshore area to enjoy the waves and nature. 

moreover it is a polynesian place.  I was once thought to be a local in hawaii when one old ang moh guy ask me for directions right outside ala moana center.   

kNN, the more i think, the more i feel like a failure in SG 😥😢🥺😕

hahaha. Boss, you must be tanned. 🤣

It will feel very odd for me to eat Singapore/Malaysia food in Hawaii.  E.g. After a plate of chicken rice, I may want to order Chendol or ice Cheng Tng to cool down.  It is hard to find this combination of local food in Hawaii where such local dishes and refreshments are limited and expensive.  There is also always a bit of racism in a western country, particularly after this Covid exploded in China.

I prefer Johor for retirement where it is just next to Singapore and the cost of living is only 1/3 to 1/2 of Singapore's.  There is the availability of delicious tropical fruits like durian and magosteen there and the ability to drive even to Thailand and beyond.  Language and culture are very similar to Singapore.

As long as my job is not too stressful, I will continue working until 60 years old but I will gradually wind down from my early 50s when I become financially independent.  Then I intend to take more frequent breaks and spend on the things I like without worrying about inflation as I still have my regular income and bonuses.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I will never retire.

Never.

:D

Unless strike toto.

wah … this one is you?

🤣

78CE0E35-4A50-494B-A477-403053DC53EE.jpeg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Love aloha...

IF if ah...

IF i were to retire there in Oahu...I'd choose Northshore over waikiki...a real place to relac...feel the wind from head to toe...sip pina colada, margarita, long Island teh...stroll along silky white sandy beaches...mostly board surfers there...nobody care what you wear or don't wear at all...not crowded unlike tourists all over at whole of honalulu 

Oh, btw, do not venture too far out towards the east side of waikiki beach...it's tanjong beach club X xxx times there...and watch your karcheng when you suntan there...many coconuts on the trees, even more bananas on the beach 😅

No need for a car there...moped limited to 30kph (or was it 30mph?) is a good get around...don't even need driving or riding licence becos usd is the licence 😁

R (1).png

Northshore is a more localized area. (Like Sembawang) The beaches are natural and waves are the highest for the surf gods.   

Waikiki is for the tourist and foreigners (Like Orchard )  Totally man made, only for surfing beginners.   

Edited by Throttle2

7 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Have a look at my could be house in Hawaii, if i wasnt living in another crowded, expensive island.

You sure you want that as a second or 3rd class citizen? 😅

7 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I will never retire.

Never.

:D

Unless strike toto.

Yah..... Same... 

I hope it will work till the day I die.... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1