Do You Want To Retire Before 60 ?

5th Gear

You are referring to the group that also think of being a used car dealer as a retirement job right? Eng eng can sell 1-2 car every week, talk to Xiao Mei Mei, sian rich auntie and occasionally hoot 1 big fish ho say liao can get KTV money right? 😄😄

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2022 looks like a super inflation year to me. 2023 may continue the trend.  It is a bit risky to retire.

Many retirees in Singapore on subsistence level of CPF payout are going to get caught badly.

The food producing countries' ban on exports is going squeeze Singapore residents hard.

S'pore eateries scramble to find other fresh chicken sources ahead of Malaysia's export halt

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/consumer/spore-eateries-scramble-to-find-other-fresh-chicken-sources-ahead-of-malaysias-export-halt

India plans to limit sugar exports in new risk to global food prices

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/south-asia/india-to-limit-sugar-exports-in-new-risk-to-global-food-prices

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, awhtc said:

2022 looks like a super inflation year to me. 2023 may continue the trend.  It is a bit risky to retire.

Many retirees in Singapore on subsistence level of CPF payout are going to get caught badly.

The food producing countries' ban on exports is going squeeze Singapore residents hard.

S'pore eateries scramble to find other fresh chicken sources ahead of Malaysia's export halt

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/consumer/spore-eateries-scramble-to-find-other-fresh-chicken-sources-ahead-of-malaysias-export-halt

India plans to limit sugar exports in new risk to global food prices

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/south-asia/india-to-limit-sugar-exports-in-new-risk-to-global-food-prices

CPF was never enough for retirement leh….

said it awhile back.

GLSGL

Supersonic

I will try to earn some kopi money by giving personal training to other retirees.  Maybe 10-15 hours a week to pass the time and have some purpose in life. Rest of the time just relax, do my own workouts, watch movies at senior citizen rates, read, swim etc. 

• Praise 4

I feel this is one of best choices a retiree can make. Retirement is all about having choices you make yourself 

earn some keep while doing something meaningful for self and society 

kudos. 

12 hours ago, Loki said:

I will try to earn some kopi money by giving personal training to other retirees.  Maybe 10-15 hours a week to pass the time and have some purpose in life. Rest of the time just relax, do my own workouts, watch movies at senior citizen rates, read, swim etc. 

Just be a Youtube Guru, and make tons of money from online course.

if that fails, you can always trade options and make a few grand a day.  Simple lah.

muayhahhahhahhahahhahaha

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

6 years only? sure booooooooo ....

but now even McD employ less and less people liao with self ordering and self pick up ... 

ownself serve ownself ...

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

Already told you guys, we are f**ked.   

even i, the cash rich TPS of MCF, chairman of the brotherhood of unemployed also have to retire from retirement to go back to the workforce to slog again.  

what do you think?   🥹🙄🤦🏻‍♂️😰

• Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Already told you guys, we are f**ked.   

even i, the cash rich TPS of MCF, chairman of the brotherhood of unemployed also have to retire from retirement to go back to the workforce to slog again.  

what do you think?   🥹🙄🤦🏻‍♂️😰

Aiyah retire at blk 9 the best!

A8CD5B31-EE2B-41E1-9358-41827953E4E7.jpeg

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

I am definitely not afraid of dying poor.  in fact i hope i die with no assets or cash in my name.

i more afraid of living poor.     🥹😩😓

• Haha! 4

(edited)

This is a US article, so the figure may not be applicable to sgp. But key point to note is the median figure is a lot lower than average, meaning the super rich are bumping up the average numbers, the men in the street are not having good enough saving for retirement. 

And i like this comment .....Regardless of if your net worth is on par with what’s average or not, what matters most is if you personally are on track for saving for your future.......

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewrosen/2022/06/16/are-you-average-net-worth-averages-as-you-approach-retirement/?sh=3693dce6410b

Edited by Ct3833

10 hours ago, RadX said:

Aiyah retire at blk 9 the best!

A8CD5B31-EE2B-41E1-9358-41827953E4E7.jpeg

I’ll go for Mandai ……. It’s freehold in the clouds ……more spacious too 🤣

• Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Lai lai lai, when will you retire? Semi retire not counted.

50? 55? 60? 65? 70? never?

Difficult to retire. 😰

55 minutes ago, Hosaybo said:

Heart says 60, but pocket says perpetual..... 

Here got another @Hoseyboh my Big Boss ... He tell me ...... keep walking......   

image.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1