Super Virgin Coconut Oil

Picnic06-Biante15

Found out latest craze last night during MU with my retired colleagues.

It seem that there is a latest hot items in the market "Super Virgin Coconut Oil' as health suppliment. Many of my colleagues who when to JB would buy a few bottles (1 liter bottle) and bring back to SG.

Here the health benifits from Web Page:

http://coconutoil.com/coconut-oil-weight-loss/

and

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/the-amazing-health-benefits-of-virgin-coconut-oil.html

Any members here tried ?

Think of buying and try. [cool]

Maybe your commence appreciated. [wave]

↡ Advertisement

Hope they don't "disturb" my favourite coconut water. All this craze only drive up prices and you may even have people trying to start up MLM company to sell it. [bigcry] Thus driving up the prices even higher. [bigcry] As we have seen for noni, mangoesteen......

Sweet potatoes used to be a poor's man food, not until someone hail it as superfood. Then, boomzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, the prices skyrocketed.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Hope they don't "disturb" my favourite coconut water. All this craze only drive up prices and you may even have people trying to start up MLM company to sell it. [bigcry] Thus driving up the prices even higher. [bigcry] As we have seen for noni, mangoesteen......

Sweet potatoes used to be a poor's man food, not until someone hail it as superfood. Then, boomzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, the prices skyrocketed.

This coconut oil had been around for ages but now it seem proven to help weight loss and lower cholestor level.... [smash]

• Praise 1

Yeah I only use coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil for my cooking.

I tried one bottle from India, fwah the smell power when you start cooking. Some people cannot tahan cos it smells just like when Indians soak coconut oil in their hair. I'm fine with it though and the food also tastes great.

Also got one bottle from Mustafa, yellow bottle at $3.50. That one actually smells pleasant, same great taste.

Then I got the expensive glass jar one from cold storage but almost 12 bucks I heart pain to use so just keep in fridge for show.

Coconut oil must be cold pressed and not further processed.

It has good, nutritional qualities like extra virgin olive oil or fish oil.

I would take it as preventive medicine.

Don't expect it to "cure" anything.

and don't overpay for what it is in a fancy bottle or with fancy name.

Trouble for me is to consume it regularly, just too darn lazy to go open the bottle and take a sip after a while.

Edited by Kb27

Regards to Olive oil - it works great as a salad dressing, however, it should not be used for cooking. Due to its chemical structure, heat makes it susceptible to oxidative damage

Coconut and palm oils can withstand high temperature as in cooking.

I like coconut oil,

Once a while , a table spoon of it goes into my mouth.

[:)]

Yeah I only use coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil for my cooking.

I tried one bottle from India, fwah the smell power when you start cooking. Some people cannot tahan cos it smells just like when Indians soak coconut oil in their hair. I'm fine with it though and the food also tastes great.

Also got one bottle from Mustafa, yellow bottle at $3.50. That one actually smells pleasant, same great taste.

Then I got the expensive glass jar one from cold storage but almost 12 bucks I heart pain to use so just keep in fridge for show.

Supercharged

It seem that there is a latest hot items in the market "Super Virgin Coconut Oil' as health suppliment. Many of my colleagues who when to JB would buy a few bottles (1 liter bottle) and bring back to SG.

and

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/the-amazing-health-benefits-of-virgin-coconut-oil.html

Any members here tried ?

coconut oil have alot of health benefits.

there was a conspiracy theory about Palm oil companies creating some rumors about coconut oil to be bad for health blah blah, so that ppl will switch to palm oil.

in actual fact, Palm oil is the one that has more health threatening attributes.

greed of the capitalists.

coconut oil has been around for centuries, used in many cultures. the pinoys even made potent alcohol from coconut juice.... LOL

Turbocharged

recently i have replaced my kopi C kosong milk with coconut milk

quite delicious!

I m interested, which places can I buy coconut kopi C? [grin]

thanks

Coconut Oil and Palm oil suffer the same fate from Capitalists

Part 1 of 3 (Part 2, Part 3)

by Mary G. Enig, Ph.D., F.A.C.N.

. . .

When and how did the anti-saturated fat story begin?

It really began in part in the late 1950s, when a researcher in Minnesota announced that the heart disease epidemic was being caused by hydrogenated vegetable fats. The edible oil industry's response at that time was to claim it was only the saturated fat in the hydrogenated oils that was causing . . .

Early promoters of the anti-saturated fat ideas included companies such as Corn Products Company (CPC International) through a book written by Jeremiah Stamler in 1963, with the professional edition published in 1966 by CPC. This book took some of the earliest pejorative stabs at the tropical oils.

In 1963, the only tropical fat or oil singled out as high in saturated fats was coconut oil. Palm oil had not entered the U.S. food supply to any extent, had not become a commercial threat to the domestic oils, and was not recognized in any of the early texts. An observation by the editorial staff of Consumer Reports noted that.

. . .

As an example of this "oily" exchange, in 1971 the FDA's general counsel became president of the edible oil trade association, and he in turn was replaced at the FDA by a food lawyer who had represented the edible oil industry.

. . .

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2001/07/28/coconut-health.aspx

Above link for more read.

coconut oil have alot of health benefits.

there was a conspiracy theory about Palm oil companies creating some rumors about coconut oil to be bad for health blah blah, so that ppl will switch to palm oil.

in actual fact, Palm oil is the one that has more health threatening attributes.

greed of the capitalists.

coconut oil has been around for centuries, used in many cultures. the pinoys even made potent alcohol from coconut juice.... LOL

the coconut oil must be non-hydrogenated..else it'll be the same as consuming those margarine & vegetable oil, corn oil or soybean oil

Twincharged

U bring coconut milk to the coffeeshop?

not in coffeeshop.. at home

instant coffee plus lots of coconut milk and a tad of brown sugar

I m interested, which places can I buy coconut kopi C? [grin]

thanks

home made lah.. no market demand for such exotic flavoured coffee hahaha

and

Any members here tried ?

I have been taking Vco for some time, when taking at first put on weight then

later loss weight a bit. The good thing is after taking for 3 months can feel face smoother,

heart feel 'lighter' and overall health improve, think it's because of the Lauric acid.

Bro, your friend buy 1 litre in JB - how much?

I have been taking Vco for some time, when taking at first put on weight then

later loss weight a bit. The good thing is after taking for 3 months can feel face smoother,

heart feel 'lighter' and overall health improve, think it's because of the Lauric acid.

Bro, your friend buy 1 litre in JB - how much?

S$31/- per bottle.

↡ Advertisement