S1961CD, MPV or Lorry

Carnoob

Hmm.... S.....CD... plate number is embassy car? Commercial division of embassy iirc.

Sharp eyed..... interesting.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

Vehicle Details Vehicle No.: S1961CD Vehicle Type: E50 - Road Tax Exempted Van/Van Panel (Delivery) Vehicle Attachment 1: With Power Tailgate Vehicle Scheme: Diplomatic Vehicle Make: ISUZU Vehicle Model: NHR85AUE4A Chassis No.: JAANHR85ED7100133 Propellant: Diesel Engine No.: 4JJ1404192 Engine Capacity: 2999 cc Maximum Power Output: - Maximum Laden Weight: 4500 kg Unladen Weight: 2240 kg Year Of Manufacture: 2013 Original Registration Date: 25 Oct 2013 Lifespan Expiry Date: 24 Oct 2033 Inspection Due Date: 24 Oct 2014 Intended Transfer Date: 31 Dec 2014

If I'm right, every country which has a diplomatic corps in Singapore is assigned a number for their number plates.

S10xxCD is for Malaysia.

S20xxCD is for France, S23xxCD is for UK, S24xxCD is for Japan etc.

The series S19xxCD is most likely to be for US.

Usually, if the xx is 01 (eg S1001CD), the car would be the ambassador's car. S1001CD is a Mercedes S-class, S2001CD is a Citroen C6, S2301CD is a Jaguar XJ, S2401CD is a Toyota Crown.

The vehicle question, S1961CD, would most likely belong to the US Embassy. Their diplomats have a lot of interesting vehicles, many of which are LHD. Such as the US version of the Honda Odyssey, and the Toyota Sienna, an MPV not meant for our markets.

Since it's the US, if they want a lorry in their embassy pool, who is Singapore to say no?

To end off, let me share what I found on the net... the US ambassador's armoured Cadillac, S1901CD.

d3c4bcca.jpg?t=1338435548

Edited by Alheych
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12