TP on roadside catching speeding offenders

Cumzilla

(edited)

As parents we must do the difficult thing to discipline our children so that they learn and understand about road safety.

What you are doing goes to show the kind of parent you are.

Sometimes, we as parents do have our difficulties. I dunoe if it's a fair statement, But we just wanna get from Point A to Point B asap, esp when my little kids yelling in thier car seat. So no choice, sometimes my wife gotta release them, in order for me to concentrate on road..
And we are not stupid, when we can earn enough $$ to support a car to benefit our families.

Edited by Razer_Blaze
  • Dislike 1

U never speed so nothing to worry ma.

I just got "shoot" by gun a couple of weeks ago along KJE exceeding by 30kmh.

Now under appeal.

i think the speed limit at buangkok exit only 50km/h leh

Buankok exit you drive 80km/hr? If I am not wrong, cars exiting the expressway should reduce speed to 50km/hr? Correct me if I am wrong....

As parents we must do the difficult thing to discipline our children so that they learn and understand about road safety.

What you are doing goes to show the kind of parent you are.

Yes bro, I agree with what you've said. Remember this!! Spare the rod and spoil the child!!

Although I am not married yet but whenever my sis's kids longbang my car, I will make sure that they sit tight n no jumping is allow! As parents, it's our responsibility to educate the young ones what is the right things to do and which r the things they are not suppose to do.

Kids are like a piece of white paper, we should inculcate right values into them and not giving in to them when they kpkb in the car!

• Praise 1

i think the speed limit at buangkok exit only 50km/h leh

U mean ty at the EXIT n catch? First time I heard ty catch pple at exit. Mostly along the eway. [rolleyes]

The safest place to speed are the bends that are merging and exiting the express way. It's quite impossible for TP to hide at those locations.

Enjoy the extreme excitement of pushing for the max speed your car and your balls can handle round the bends.

Do take care of the trees round the bends though, they are innocent.

The safest place to speed are the bends that are merging and exiting the express way. It's quite impossible for TP to hide at those locations.
Enjoy the extreme excitement of pushing for the max speed your car and your balls can handle round the bends.
Do take care of the trees round the bends though, they are innocent.

got people kenna before lah... should be those unmarked TP following behind. From 90km/h expressway go to 50km/h exit never slow down enough...

Supersonic
(edited)

got people kenna before lah... should be those unmarked TP following behind. From 90km/h expressway go to 50km/h exit never slow down enough...

Very unrealistic to slow down to 50 every time there's an exit (especially when exiting to another faster road). That dumb rule was put in place to cater to the lowest common denominator (in both vehicle type and driver). Most modern cars driven by competent drivers don't need to slow down to that extent, but they're forced to because of the rigid limit.

It doesn't really enhance safety, but it does make the drive a little less enjoyable and also spoils fuel economy. Our roads have a lot of this unnecessary slow-down-speed-up-slow-down pattern. I take the exit road from SLE onto Lentor Ave quite regularly, and the curved exit road has a limit of 50, with a stupid little roadside display that actually shows your measured speed (I think it's entry speed into the off-ramp). Guess what? Pretty much *everyone* is going faster than 50. When I try to keep to that limit, I get heavy vehicles closing in on me dangerously around the bend. The ridiculous limit makes the road more dangerous rather than less dangerous.

I guess we have to follow the law, but that doesn't mean the law makes a whole lot of sense.

Edited by Turboflat4

Supersonic

. I take the exit road from SLE onto Lentor Ave quite regularly, and the curved exit road has a limit of 50, with a stupid little roadside display that actually shows your measured speed (I think it's entry speed into the off-ramp). Guess what? Pretty much *everyone* is going faster than 50. When I try to keep to that limit, I get heavy vehicles closing in on me dangerously around the bend. The ridiculous limit makes the road more dangerous rather than less dangerous.

I guess we have to follow the law, but that doesn't mean the law makes a whole lot of sense.

That speed display also posed a danger for accident.

Some may get spooked by the display and slammed on the brake.

Oh yeah, that would be nice, slam the brake on a steep curve and watch accidents pile up.

It's only a matter of time.

Any thing "special" on the road always distract drivers. Isn't that what LTA is saying if you put extra bling blings on your car ? But of coz, they can do it, rules doesn't apply to them.

• Praise 1

I have 2 kids, 3yo and an infant. Well aware of the tantrums and having both going at once is rather frustrating. But they are so vulnerable in the event of an accident. The car seats are designed for this purpose, much like we ensure there are airbags when we buy a car and put our seat belt on when we drive.

Totally agreed. I have a 5 year old boy & a 3 year old girl. I always insist on their car seat even a 5 min drive to the market. I dont care whether they kpkb in the car. After a while, they will simple keep quiet.. I have encounter so many time when people jay walk without looking & i have to jam brake but luckily I always have my kids car seat on to focus on the immediate situation.

I got a well trained niece that will ask everyone in the car to put on seat belt before the car moves. She will sit on baby chair n belt up herself.

• Praise 2

Just now at KPE Buangkok exit saw TP with speed gun aiming me and the car in front. Was driving just below 80km/h. They just checked the speed only, right? Will kena anything or not? They did not chase anyone leh

the buangkok exit is towards ECP/MCE or towards TPE? i think you mean before the exit, but if its toward TPE, the only times i saw them was further up at the waiting bay before the slip road into TPE. I supposed they are beside TP car, so yes, they will give chase if you exceed the limit, possibly >100km/hr? You did not see them chase doesnt mean they will not chase others after you had gone, i have been 'lucky' to see they chased others and being chased before. :D

Sometimes, we as parents do have our difficulties. I dunoe if it's a fair statement, But we just wanna get from Point A to Point B asap, esp when my little kids yelling in thier car seat. So no choice, sometimes my wife gotta release them, in order for me to concentrate on road..

And we are not stupid, when we can earn enough $$ to support a car to benefit our families.

Because since they were young, parents never enforce.

Day 1 till now (3 years old), I only release twice when ferry my child.

First time on day 3, thinking he is too small to be placed in a car seat.

Transport my child a 10 mins ride from hospital to home.

Second time when about 4 months old. Kept crying non-stop because he's hungry.

And I was ferrying my parents so cannot stop to BF him.

So no choice but to carry him to calm him down.

If my parents wasn't with me, I would had pull to a carpark and my wife can BF him immediately.

Nowadays, he sit bus/mrt/any rides, he will bucket up and sit properly enjoying his ride.

I got a well trained niece that will ask everyone in the car to put on seat belt before the car moves. She will sit on baby chair n belt up herself.

my two kids one 7 one 5 will automatically go to their seat and belt themself.

ever since they can handle the bucklets themself is alwasys open door for them and they do the rest themselves. if they dont just a light tap on brake in safe enviroment to remind them and they will belt immed.

even today when my wife drive they will also do the same. but for wife another thing they do is be seated and mouth shut. LOL. totally silent not even a beep. cause worry they distract her.

Supercharged

Very unrealistic to slow down to 50 every time there's an exit (especially when exiting to another faster road). That dumb rule was put in place to cater to the lowest common denominator (in both vehicle type and driver). Most modern cars driven by competent drivers don't need to slow down to that extent, but they're forced to because of the rigid limit.

It doesn't really enhance safety, but it does make the drive a little less enjoyable and also spoils fuel economy. Our roads have a lot of this unnecessary slow-down-speed-up-slow-down pattern. I take the exit road from SLE onto Lentor Ave quite regularly, and the curved exit road has a limit of 50, with a stupid little roadside display that actually shows your measured speed (I think it's entry speed into the off-ramp). Guess what? Pretty much *everyone* is going faster than 50. When I try to keep to that limit, I get heavy vehicles closing in on me dangerously around the bend. The ridiculous limit makes the road more dangerous rather than less dangerous.

can't praise you already. Amen brother!

U never speed so nothing to worry ma.

I just got "shoot" by gun a couple of weeks ago along KJE exceeding by 30kmh.

Now under appeal.

KJE can shoot meh?

If I remember correctly, got 2 overhead bridges only right? You driving at 120?

just now saw 1 TP car stationed on road shoulder with blinkers on at KPE, just after buangkok exit towards TPE. After passed by that one, saw another one stationed at the waiting bay, just before slip road into TPE, first time saw 2 within so short distance, must be really 'good business' along this stretch, just beware of this HOT spot!

just now saw 1 TP car stationed on road shoulder with blinkers on at KPE, just after buangkok exit towards TPE. After passed by that one, saw another one stationed at the waiting bay, just before slip road into TPE, first time saw 2 within so short distance, must be really 'good business' along this stretch, just beware of this HOT spot!

The first car is to pin point which car is speeding and the second is used to stop the speeding vehicle.

↡ Advertisement