Singapore finally at the top

Myxilplix

(edited)

Let's celebrate by going to Kopitiam and bring your own Ice if you want Kopi Peng. I recently ask for more ice as the ice in my kopi Peng all melted away and they charge me $0.20.

If things as micro as this need to charge exorbitantly...

Dont ever raise up the issue on Hotel rates...

Edited by Tigerwoods
  • Praise 1

simi logic neh?

kopi ice need more $$$

sugar cane/coloured water no ice, also need more $$$

Uniquely Singapore.

Let's celebrate by going to Kopitiam and bring your own Ice if you want Kopi Peng. I recently ask for more ice as the ice in my kopi Peng all melted away and they charge me $0.20.

If things as micro as this need to charge exorbitantly...

Dont ever raise up the issue on Hotel rates...

• Praise 3

(edited)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26412821

Huat ah! Singapore officially the most expensive city in the world according to BBC.

It's been a long hard road, good job everyone!

Gong xi gong xi!

The funniest part of your post was the ad that appeared at the bottom when I read it. It was the Bellroy wallet ad, that says go from *this* (thick wallet) to *this* (really thin wallet). I guess Singapore being the most expensive place is one way to achieve this. [laugh]

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 4

Supersonic

Is the below the solution ?

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/singapore-budget-2014-tripartite-partners-working-extending-re-employm

Singapore Budget 2014: Tripartite partners working on extending re-employment age

By Toh Yong Chuan

Older workers may face the prospects of working beyond the age of 65. Unions, employers and the Government have agreed to work on extending the re-employment age of workers to 67, Senior Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office Heng Chee How said on Monday.

Mr Heng, who is also the deputy secretary general of the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC), said this will help seniors earn income for two more years, boosting their retirement savings.

"With life expectancy continuing to rise, I firmly believe that the re-employment age ceiling need not and cannot stagnate at 65," he added.

Besides helping seniors work longer, Mr Heng also called for a stronger push to ramp up workplace health practices to protect workers "against premature loss of employability and employment".

elderly20303e.jpg
Older workers may face the prospects of working beyond the age of 65. Unions, employers and the Government have agreed to work on extending the re-employment age of workers to 67, Senior Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office Heng Chee How said on Monday. -- ST PHOTO: DESMOND WEE

Without citing specific occupations, he said that jobs which require workers to sit, stand or repeatedly use their joints, or sectors that hire large numbers of older workers, should be targeted, so these workers can continue to remain healthy and keep working.

Mr Heng also praised the raft of measures under the Pioneer Generation Package, which covers the healthcare costs for the 450,000 Singaporeans who helped lay the foundations for modern-day Singapore.

But, he urged the Government to do more for seniors in areas other than healthcare. He suggested that the authorities draw up a list of financial help targeted at seniors and group them into healthcare and non-healthcare measures.

Healthcare costs involve large but infrequent bills, while non-healthcare spending such as transport are "more recurrent and related to the costs of living", he said.

He suggested, among other things, for the authorities to pay the transport fares of older Singaporeans and provide a different form of "basic support" for older workers who are under Workfare but cannot not find work due to old age.

These moves, said Mr Heng, will give seniors greater peace of mind when they grow old.

Mr Heng is the first of four labour MPs who are scheduled to speak on this year's Budget on Monday.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

Giving myself and fellow singaporean a pad on the shoulder now.

This will not be possible if we don't have strong leadership. Using high salary to get these high caliber ministers has finally paid off.

Next step is reach for the impossible, where no singaporean will find it possible to live here anymore..

• Praise 7

simple...

by upping subsidies......

by converting every damn properties in REITS. If public housing can be done, they will do it too......

by upping fares when operating standards are declining.....

by setting a KPI of upping sales and profits by 20% every year........

how did singapore overtake tokyo and london?

• Praise 1

lets celebrate with some beers......

Oooopssssssssss....

Beer prices now also sky-rocketed..... [bigcry]

Feel so proud, feel so good. We finally reach no. 1.

how did singapore overtake tokyo and london?

Simple. Just pay the "leaders" higher than those in Tokyo and UK. Higher than China, India, and so many countries with even higher population than ours.

That's how we attract only the best to sit and talk about dirty ceilings. [smash] [smash] [smash]

• Praise 4

Any form of ranking, we want to have a name in it. Our universities get into top few ranking, our govt salary rank no.1, our cost of living rank no. 1, our car price rank no. 1, what else have we not ranked yet? I can't think of any.

Turbocharged

I notice after CNY, prices of drinks and food at my regular makan places have increased...... [:(]

(edited)

Simple. Just pay the "leaders" higher than those in Tokyo and UK. Higher than China, India, and so many countries with even higher population than ours.

That's how we attract only the best to sit and talk about dirty ceilings. [smash] [smash] [smash]

We had the same "smart" leaders for the longest time.

The difference is that now we restrict foreign labour, so labour cost go up. Now one piece cut fruit 70c up from 50c. One prata up from 80c to 90c-$1.00 unbelievable!!

Other factor is prices of car ownership tax or COE, which Singaporeans happily pay of about 7-8k a year just to buy a car! Congratulations!!

Edited by Zanter
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2