Pirelli Cinturato P1 tyre

Swaku

I'm on BS RE002 currently. I have checked online that the weight is roughly 28+ pounds and general feedback is that the sidewall are hard and tire is grippy (higher rolling resistance?).

BS tires weight seems to be generally heavier than other brands from what I seen in tirerack.com so that's why I'm looking to try out lighter and less rolling resistance tires. For my driving style, high performance tires are prob a waste. :-)

Btw, like to ask folks here a question. Any issues with buying a NOS (New but Old Stock) tires that are almost 2 years old? Based on my usage, I would prob change them out in 2 to 2.5 years max (about 40k km). By then, the tires would have been 4.5 years old (max). I have read on foreign forum that many people even use their tires till about 7 years old but then again, their climate and road conditions are very different from ours. Any comments on this? Safe to buy a 2 year old new tires?

yeap

BS tyre normally heavier, while P/C/M brand lighter

its tune more to dry thats why its harder sidewall/grippier

NOS is fine, but provided they keep in good condition and give u a price u cannot resist

↡ Advertisement

Hi bro, can you share your previous replaced by P1 so we can have a sense of the "comfort" and "nosie"

pervious was on yoko advan 460..

i was told as rubber aged, they will get harden and will affects performance. the hot wheather here could just expedite the process i supposed. however, if you don't drive like you have stolen the car, i believe it should be fine.

I'm on BS RE002 currently. I have checked online that the weight is roughly 28+ pounds and general feedback is that the sidewall are hard and tire is grippy (higher rolling resistance?).

BS tires weight seems to be generally heavier than other brands from what I seen in tirerack.com so that's why I'm looking to try out lighter and less rolling resistance tires. For my driving style, high performance tires are prob a waste. :-)

Btw, like to ask folks here a question. Any issues with buying a NOS (New but Old Stock) tires that are almost 2 years old? Based on my usage, I would prob change them out in 2 to 2.5 years max (about 40k km). By then, the tires would have been 4.5 years old (max). I have read on foreign forum that many people even use their tires till about 7 years old but then again, their climate and road conditions are very different from ours. Any comments on this? Safe to buy a 2 year old new tires?

Just to share, Autobacs got offer for this tyre. Buy 2 get 2 free. In the end, I got this tyre 195/65R15 for $70 each. Where to find? Only have China tyres at this price.

But of course the mechanic will say shock absorber wear out, etc. Don't bother, just change the tyres and go.

They only have 3 sizes on offer. 195/65R15, 205/55R16 and 1 more size I forgot.

• Praise 2

need to be a member?

Just to share, Autobacs got offer for this tyre. Buy 2 get 2 free. In the end, I got this tyre 195/65R15 for $70 each. Where to find? Only have China tyres at this price.

But of course the mechanic will say shock absorber wear out, etc. Don't bother, just change the tyres and go.

They only have 3 sizes on offer. 195/65R15, 205/55R16 and 1 more size I forgot.

need to be a member?

No need. In fact, after you buy the tyres you become a member free.

aiyoh, i just changed mine yesterday. 4 for $880 :TT_TT::TT_TT::TT_TT:

I big carrot???

What size?

They only have 3 sizes on offer.

aiyoh, i just changed mine yesterday. 4 for $880 :TT_TT:  :TT_TT:  :TT_TT: 

I big carrot???

your Carrot from Japanese Farm

Autobac Carrot from Indonesian

I am not referring to tire product country

Then this is good price...

Yes it is bro. That's why I share here.

The lowest price I can find for decent tyres was $90.

Yes it is bro. That's why I share here.

The lowest price I can find for decent tyres was $90.

Bro, thank you for sharing.  I went to Autobacs and got the $436 offer for 17" Pirelli P7 tires (225/45/17).  They also have rims on sale too.  you can get a decent Taiwanese set for $700.  

Bro, thank you for sharing.  I went to Autobacs and got the $436 offer for 17" Pirelli P7 tires (225/45/17).  They also have rims on sale too.  you can get a decent Taiwanese set for $700.  

$436 for 4 tyres? Good price!

Glad you got it too.

Did the mechanic psycho you to change rims, shock absorbers, etc?

The same time I was changing tyres, the mechanic psycho a Merc driver to change rims saying the his current rim is warped. And the owner actually changed! [crazy]

The mechanic also tried saying my shock absorbers worn out, etc but I just told him my vehicle scrapping next year.

Edited by Fcw75

$436 for 4 tyres? Good price!

Glad you got it too.

Did the mechanic psycho you to change rims, shock absorbers, etc?

The same time I was changing tyres, the mechanic psycho a Merc driver to change rims saying the his current rim is warped. And the owner actually changed! [crazy]

The mechanic also tried saying my shock absorbers worn out, etc but I just told him my vehicle scrapping next year.

Yes he did ... but it seems that my rims were just sprayed by dealer (just got this car recently), so I am not too sure of the condition anyway - these were stock rims for an 8 year old car. I decided to upsize from 16 to 17" to make the last 2 years count. The 17" rims which cost $700 are quite price competitive, I also did a quick check at the Stamford Tyre branch - they will sell a package of 17" SSW rims with ZIEX ZE 914 tires for around 1.1k, in case anyone is interested to find out more. 

Anyway, I am checking the rest of the car with my mechanic for the need to change items.  For free nitrogen top up and 2x free rotation per year, I will return to Autobacs, but probably not for servicing as I know better mechs. 

Woah. I should really go take a look.

Bo you have to get the lucky draw ball.  I "made sure" that I did cos I wanted to buy the promotion package only.  hint hint. lol

Edited by Gz0707
↡ Advertisement