Dry spell in SG fills streets with more fallen leaves

Darthrevan

sgdryspellleaves07032014e.jpg
dryspell07030006e.jpg
dryspell07030002e.jpg

Think it's almost like autumn, and many leaves are brown and falling all round you? You are not quite wrong, you know, for Singapore's persistently dry weather has led to more dry, fallen leaves filling streets, pavements and drains, the National Environment Agency (NEA) said on Thursday.

Twenty-five per cent more dry leaves were swept from the streets in February, compared with December 2013. In January, 15 per cent more had to be cleared, it said.
The dry spell "has led to heavy leaf shedding and an accumulation of leaves in some public areas", said an NEA spokesman.
Leaf litter weighing 1,750 tonnes was collected in February, which is equivalent to 350,000 filled rubbish bags.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

errr! u are in the wrong region of the world......hahaha!

It's always good to dream on a sunday morning :D

Hypersonic

Dream over lah....wake up....its so warm +no rain!

[:|] [:|] [:|] Don't wake me up lah [:p]:D

I will not drive nor park in street level parking when the first heavy downpour comes.

With drains choked and weeks of dirt and oil on the roads, it will be flooded and slippery roads.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I will not drive nor park in street level parking when the first heavy downpour comes.

With drains choked and weeks of dirt and oil on the roads, it will be flooded and slippery roads.

This will be the time trains are safer, not affected by oily road surface or leaves!!!

Hypersonic

Dream over lah....wake up....its so warm +no rain!

Now comprain no rain, once start raining it will be ponding everywhere as drainage are all stuck by dry leaves.

Now comprain no rain, once start raining it will be ponding everywhere as drainage are all stuck by dry leaves.

i not complaining lei...just stating the fact!
↡ Advertisement