Malaysian airline plane goes missing! MH370

Little_prince

Re: Oil slicks

Kerosene/aviation fuel will also leave slicks, usually a rainbow-coloured sheen. Just that due to it's volatility (and surface conditions/temperatures) it will evaporate quickly.

Not all oil slicks are the thick black stuff we see in the news when a crude tanker runs aground. The lighter fuels will also leave visible slicks and how big they are will depend on volume and conditions which will affect how fast they break up.

I feel very sad about this. As a frequent flyer who often visits both countries I can imagine how worried the family members must be after an incident like this.

Thoughts and prayer goes out to all involved.

[:(]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Most commercial airplane flies at 35,000ft or 10,000 over meters above ground. If lost propulsion it will drop like a brick, it's not going to glide or anything like that.

I think sgp is going to flex and hao lian its naval power and deploy this...

MV%20Swift%20Rescue_Naval.jpg

Dun say until like that la..It's at least SG could and able to do, since we should be the best equipped in the region..

I'm also speculating the possibility of some prc radicals similar to those recently happened to the massacre at kunming train station and 2013 car bombing at tiananmen..

Minister for Defence Dr Ng Eng Hen conveyed Singapore's sympathies and offered additional assistance to the Malaysian government to assist in the search-and-locate (SAL) operation for the missing Beijing-bound Malaysia Airlines plane (MH370). A Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) C-130 aircraft took off at 12 noon earlier today to assist in the SAL coordinated among the RSAF, Singapore Rescue Co-ordination Centre (RCC) and the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS).

In a phone interview with Channel NewsAsia this evening, Dr Ng said, "When I heard the news of the missing MAS MH370 earlier today, my sympathies immediately went to the families and loved ones of passengers on board, especially of our Malaysian neighbours. MINDEF immediately set in plans efforts to assist in the search and locating efforts to offer to the Malaysian Government." Dr Ng added that, "I have just spoken with my counterpart Defence Minister Hishammuddin and asked him what else we can do to help. We had already mobilised our RSAF C-130 which is at the location to look for the missing aircraft. I further offered the assistance of our submarine support and rescue vessel. We have a vessel which is equipped to perform underwater search and can assist in the search and locate operations. It also has divers on the vessel. Defence Minister Hishammuddin accepted this offer and both the Singaporean and Malaysian Chiefs of Navy have spoken to coordinate the details and to deploy this vessel for the search and locating effort. I also offered the Malaysian Defence Minister any further assistance that the SAF could give in this difficult period."

our Navy also chipped in liao, think they heard Bro Watwheels [grin]

The searching time is taking way too long. I reckon it's more or less known what had happened...

I guess airlines need to consider a designed radio system which enable to track the plane location even down deep into the sea or a button which trigger something that pops out from the plane that is light and able to float. This will be able to track easily if the plane dive in to the sea.

Kinda scary to hear such news and the limitation we have today. [sweatdrop]

if the plane did really crashed and due to technical faults, then bolehland gahment may not feel so pressured. if its act of terror, then they will be under the scope of international scrutiny for the lapses. i the the latter is what they r afraid of. bolehland security is always tidak apa kind. lets hope that the plane was hijacked and the passengers still alive. at least they are still living.

The searching time is taking way too long. I reckon it's more or less known what had happened...

I guess airlines need to consider a designed radio system which enable to track the plane location even down deep into the sea or a button which trigger something that pops out from the plane that is light and able to float. This will be able to track easily if the plane dive in to the sea.

Kinda scary to hear such news and the limitation we have today. [sweatdrop]

modern aeroplane has a location beacon if i am not wrong. Even the blackbox have its own beacon....but if the pane wreckage lies deep in the ocean....it becomes very difficult to locate. The telltale signs of a sea wreck.are always the floating debris and the sea is so huge it will take time for it to be spotted.

Turbocharged

Sold? Hope its just lost, like their engine, and turns up unharmed in russia or somewhere. Let's hope

But airplane fuel is kerosene. It's red-ish or blue-ish or clear. Unless airplane run on crude oil, you can't spot any oil slick. It's a plane and not a tanker.

Aiyo, so many false info spreading around.

This is what I think. The airplane captain flew to North Korea and sold the plane to Kim Jung Un to make it his Air Force One Zero One.

(edited)

Modern airplanes carry a transponder. Transponders are mandatory for all airplanes flying under Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) engaged in commercial activities. Transponders allow ATC to see the location of the airplane if within radar range. However, transponders can be switched off when not required. Transponders between different airplanes also talk to each other. These 'talking' also enable the Traffic Collision And Avoidance (TCAS) to tell the pilots to avoid potential collision.

Individual companies may install at satellite tracking system on their own airplanes. This is however probably for commercial purposes and not mandated by law.

Modern airplanes do not fall out of the sky. It is not right to speculate at this point.

Edited by Flying_genie
  • Praise 1

1 x Italian

1 x Austrian

1 x Russian

walao ... 3 stolen passports in 1 plane ... highly unlikely coincidence [sweatdrop]

Cctv news reported that a Russian passenger wasn't on board. Another person using stolen passport.

Hypersonic

So you're trying to say a hijack?

Hijack is a possibility. Or terrorist attack. There are 2 person using stolen passports. For all we know, the plane might even have been exploded in midair because there was no distress call from the pilots.

The plane should be on auto-pilot since it was already 2 hrs into its journey. That is the most comfortable time for the pilots and nothing should happen. Even if turbulence, there should be a mayday called out. If it were to drop, there is at least 3-5 min before it reaches the ground.

Bermuda Triangle ? UFO?

UFO? [laugh] [laugh] Alien attack!!

Turbocharged

modern aeroplane has a location beacon if i am not wrong. Even the blackbox have its own beacon....but if the pane wreckage lies deep in the ocean....it becomes very difficult to locate. The telltale signs of a sea wreck.are always the floating debris and the sea is so huge it will take time for it to be spotted.

The sear around the area is still relatively shallow. It's still at the continental shelf.

1 x Italian

1 x Austrian

1 x Russian

walao ... 3 stolen passports in 1 plane ... highly unlikely coincidence [sweatdrop]

Inspired by Nonstop movie?

Bermuda Triangle ? UFO?

Kidnapping? Alien? Our friend? Lol

↡ Advertisement