Malaysian airline plane goes missing! MH370

Little_prince

Lol but in case of crash, which one is easier to save? Jungle or sea?

a lot of factors can affect the sar operation, cannot simply compare jungle or sea .... how big/dense is the jungle, how accessible into the jungle; terrain; vegetation, weather etc; for sea also similar, where is the location, near shore, near harbor, near airport or at the middle of ocean, sea states, weather..... all this can create havoc to a seemingly simple rescue operation to the layman.....

↡ Advertisement

If we talking about an aircraft falling out of the sky with no control from several thousand feet. No diff.

Only diff is sea harder to find the complete wreckage and black box.

Paiseh my imagination of crash is emergency landing. If from sky fall all end up the same le

Not much difference in weight for cars 60 litres of fuel should be around 43 kg, half tank around 22kg. Which could be only less than 2% of of total laden weight.

For Airliners, weight of fuel could be up to 30-40% to aircraft max taxy weight. And could weighs more than passengers + luggage or payload combined.

So difference in 1/2 tank in airliners have great impact on fuel economy.

Oh i see.

a lot of factors can affect the sar operation, cannot simply compare jungle or sea .... how big/dense is the jungle, how accessible into the jungle; terrain; vegetation, weather etc; for sea also similar, where is the location, near shore, near harbor, near airport or at the middle of ocean, sea states, weather..... all this can create havoc to a seemingly simple rescue operation to the layman.....

Lets hope that they do emergency landing in the sea instead of crash

If there is survivor, they would have call using their.mobile, tweet or Fb for help.

Cannot le normally in middle sea no signal one. Even u take cruise also no signal

Paiseh my imagination of crash is emergency landing. If from sky fall all end up the same le

Oh i see.

Lets hope that they do emergency landing in the sea instead of crash

Cannot le normally in middle sea no signal one. Even u take cruise also no signal

oic. thanks. didn't take cruise before so didn't know.

gosh. i *facepalm* at what you're saying.

Landing on water is confirm worse than landing on land lah. what the hell.

u really [hur][hur]

u try hitting a ocean at even 100kph.

I dont see how hitting land at 100kph is any better though.

Anyway, my prayers for those on-board. Hope they can make it...

I dont see how hitting land at 100kph is any better though.

Anyway, my prayers for those on-board. Hope they can make it...

it's not. but hitting water is not "BETTER"

To be honest with the monsoon winds still blowing and the sea conditions off the coast of Vietnam, land or sea also equally bad for any survivors.

We're talking Force 5-6 on average and wave heights exceeding 4m.

it's not. but hitting water is not "BETTER"

It is not, but you said "Landing on water is confirm worse than landing on land lah" mah...

Frankly, I don't know which is better (or worse in your context)..

Just thought that if the pilot still has some control over the plane, an emergency landing over water might be easier to negotiate. Just my thoughts. I am no expert. Perhaps a pilot is able to share some knowledge.

• Praise 1

If it was a straight nosedive plunge, doubt there would be any survivors. If anyone watch Flight (Denzel Washington), the pilot did an overturn manoeuvre to reduce the speed of the aeroplane before crash landing. Although the plane crashed, there were minimal loss of lives, based on true story. But this is no movie though. Hopefully the pilot with 18000+ hours of flying experience would react accordingly to the situation. My prayers and thoughts to the victims onboard.

It is not, but you said "Landing on water is confirm worse than landing on land lah" mah...

Just thought that if the pilot still has some control over the plane, an emergency landing over water might be easier to negotiate. Just my thoughts. I am no expert. Perhaps a pilot is able to share some knowledge.

Yes at least landing in water will have less obstruction unlike in jungle or mountaineous area. Moreover landing the in the water, they can use life jacket to stay afloat or use the rubber boat

Turbocharged

Yah since its not far from singapore, about 12-15 hours to reach there.

not only that. we have the advance equipment to conduct such operations as compare to our regional neighbor's ships.

yup, i was wrong to presume. Below is extracted from wiki......

There have been three accidents involving passenger fatalities on Malaysia Airlines, with a total of 134 (TBD) fatalities:

oh....i remembered only one where the mas plane crashed into the jungle in Johore. The news showed all the major religion doing the final rites inside the jungle as the plane had disintegrated upon impact!

Just my $0.02..

I would think executing an emergency landing on relatively still water like lakes and coastal areas would be worse than say, a barren field, simply because the water do not provide a hard surface platform for the base of the craft to bear the brunt of impact. There is a higher chance that the craft will be torn into pieces.

And now we are talking about choppy waters far away from coastal shores... [shakehead]

That said, we should still pray for the victims, and hope for a miracle.

List of the passengers onboard...

1922220_805595939469682_723360968_n.jpg

Pray that those onboard is safe and well... -_-

1957968_565174230245492_581898616_n.jpg

From God we came and to God we shall return. Ours is just a borrowed time on earth that is His promise!
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3