Radion

Rastaman01

Hi all....am looking to play music from my samsung phone and to transmit to my car radio through the radio frequency..... looking for any device that allows me to transmit my phone songs played to a radio frequency... my car head unit is stock and has no input ports...

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Hi all....am looking to play music from my samsung phone and to transmit to my car radio through the radio frequency..... looking for any device that allows me to transmit my phone songs played to a radio frequency... my car head unit is stock and has no input ports...

Get a FM transmitter. Easily found on aliexpress or dx.com. Very cheap only but sound quality may not be the best.

My car audio system finally kaput  [bigcry]

Started off few mths back with all input being jammed; meaning i'm stuck to the preset radio station & I can't switch station, adjust vol, go to cd mode etc.. 

Mine is those factory fitted type so is more troublesome... checked with a car audio shop & said replacing a new audio set & including some modification to fit the console will come close to $1k. Asked my workshop who help to check the cost of bringing in original audio set from Ford also worked out to almost the same $1k amount.

Reluctant to spend the 1k as the car is only left with 2 yrs & likely will be changing & not renewing COE. So decide to leave with the only radio channel available. However, yesterday after getting my alternator replaced, the radio also failed liao... So sian to drive in silence this morning  [:(]

Apart from having to resort to listening through my phone FM radio, any cheaper suggestion??

My car has an auxiliary input but not sure if can still use as i can't switch to this mode since the audio control is already dead.

TIA!

My car audio system finally kaput [bigcry]

Started off few mths back with all input being jammed; meaning i'm stuck to the preset radio station & I can't switch station, adjust vol, go to cd mode etc..

Mine is those factory fitted type so is more troublesome... checked with a car audio shop & said replacing a new audio set & including some modification to fit the console will come close to $1k. Asked my workshop who help to check the cost of bringing in original audio set from Ford also worked out to almost the same $1k amount.

Reluctant to spend the 1k as the car is only left with 2 yrs & likely will be changing & not renewing COE. So decide to leave with the only radio channel available. However, yesterday after getting my alternator replaced, the radio also failed liao... So sian to drive in silence this morning [:(]

Apart from having to resort to listening through my phone FM radio, any cheaper suggestion??

My car has an auxiliary input but not sure if can still use as i can't switch to this mode since the audio control is already dead.

TIA!

Bro, install a separate headunit.. Just ignore the original.

My car audio system finally kaput  [bigcry]

Reluctant to spend the 1k as the car is only left with 2 yrs & likely will be changing & not renewing COE. So decide to leave with the only radio channel available. However, yesterday after getting my alternator replaced, the radio also failed liao... So sian to drive in silence this morning  [:(]

TIA!

I assume your existing headunit is 2 din and you are just interested in Radio, so a bracket costs 100 or less, a 2nd hand head unit can be gotten for 200 ? 

Can also consider 1 din and get the shop to fabricate a cover or flip cover to hide the extra space ?

Probably go look for 2nd hand brackets first from scrapping Fords.

• Praise 1

I assume your existing headunit is 2 din and you are just interested in Radio, so a bracket costs 100 or less, a 2nd hand head unit can be gotten for 200 ? 

Can also consider 1 din and get the shop to fabricate a cover or flip cover to hide the extra space ?

Probably go look for 2nd hand brackets first from scrapping Fords.

Yes, radio would do just fine.

My current look like that (taken some mths back; now don't even have radio liao). The fabrication & bracket would probably cost.. don't mind if all in including the radio can get around 200.

Any recommendation?

post-4597-0-86323100-1491883249_thumb.jpg

Try these.

Cheap & good.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/CAR-MP3-FM-RADIO-MODULATOR-TRANSMITTER-WIRELESS-MUSIC-PLAYER/425875456

My current look like that (taken some mths back; now don't even have radio liao). The fabrication & bracket would probably cost.. don't mind if all in including the radio can get around 200.

Any recommendation?

If you dont mind the look can always remove the existing Headunit, simply attach a 1 din headunit about <$100 and use industrial double side tape to mount in the recess area ?

Thats what a lot of lorries do to save time/money. 

Any recommendation?

For S$200/RM600 budget can try go JB and do..need to find workshop though..

Any recommendation?

Ford fiesta need to buy canbus leh, not only do bracket.. go connects2 website and find your suitable mounting and canbus

Ford fiesta need to buy canbus leh, not only do bracket.. go connects2 website and find your suitable mounting and canbus

Thanks for the advice... Really troublesome sia... well guess that's the trouble to go thru by not driving a typical Jap/Korean make  [:p]Most can just easily swap out & replaced the faulty headunit.

No regret though as my Fiesta has been a joy to drive all these years  [thumbsup]

I've given up & have just brought a bluetooth speaker with FM radio for use  [laugh] since likely be changing my ride within this year.

Thanks for the advice... Really troublesome sia... well guess that's the trouble to go thru by not driving a typical Jap/Korean make [:p]Most can just easily swap out & replaced the faulty headunit.

No regret though as my Fiesta has been a joy to drive all these years [thumbsup]

I've given up & have just brought a bluetooth speaker with FM radio for use [laugh] since likely be changing my ride within this year.

Yeah.. ford is addictive

The solution may not be that hard. You could buy a high quality car radio.If you don't want a big one, they also have mini one, cheap and convenient.My advice is not to use your phone to listen to the music.Now a car Mp3 player is not so expensive.

Good advice. I also think so. I wouldn't be buying chip HU but even not expensive one will be definitely better than FM transmitter.  

↡ Advertisement