All New 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class (Baby SUV)

SeriousGuy

Internal Moderator

MCF is collaborating with Mercedes-Benz, and so.............. 50 MCF members will get to meet the all new GLA, and possibly get a chance to test drive it!

Refer to this thread for more info. I would suggest all to register fast (FOC) before the slots are taken.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2694989-mercedes-benz-brunch-test-drive-win-a-taxi-ride-in-a45amg/?p=5201994

↡ Advertisement

MCF is collaborating with Mercedes-Benz, and so.............. 50 MCF members will get to meet the all new GLA, and possibly get a chance to test drive it!

Refer to this thread for more info. I would suggest all to register fast (FOC) before the slots are taken.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2694989-mercedes-benz-brunch-test-drive-win-a-taxi-ride-in-a45amg/?p=5201994

MCF and Mercedes-Benz are collaborating for perhaps, our biggest event yet, and 50 MCF members (who are current premium car owners) would get a chance to meet the all new GLA-Class.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applicable to elites only? I drive Jap car wor.

MCF and Mercedes-Benz are collaborating for perhaps, our biggest event yet, and 50 MCF members (who are current premium car owners) would get a chance to meet the all new GLA-Class.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i believe not all jap cars are non premium? how about gtr and gs300?

Internal Moderator

Haha. Japanese car also have elites leh bro.

I personally consider Mark X, Cefiro and Accord as elites also. [thumbsup]

Haha. Japanese car also have elites leh bro.

I personally consider Mark X, Cefiro and Accord as elites also. [thumbsup]

Hahahaah Too bad I don't own any of the above cars mentioned. Guess I wont be considered to test drive the GLA.

Internal Moderator

Hahahaah Too bad I don't own any of the above cars mentioned. Guess I wont be considered to test drive the GLA.

Bro, belum buat, belum tau. . . (never try, never know) [;)]

Having tried the A class and B class which have the same platform and engine, I totally agree with the review. The new small Mercs are pretty nasty to drive and I have said this here several times before. The BMW 1 Series and Audi A3 are far superior. I think even the Volvo V40 is a much better car. The Mercs sell solely on the badge. Want a Merc, please stick to the C-class and above.

3 things amazing I read.

1. ST car reviewer Christopher Tan, obviously a Beemer fan, didn't give the GLA a chance. Probably upset with C&C for giving him the 200 instead of 250 to review.

2. BT car reviewer on the same day, praised the GLA250, gave a fair review and info to its readers ST did not.

3. The W205 C class apparently will be using the same 1.6 and 2.0 turbo engine and 7G DCT as the A,B, CLA, GLA... So I guess the new C class will not be considered a Merc?

Aren't these amazing?

One more thing, nobody from the press mentioned that all the MLA platform cars using 1.6t or 2.0t petrol are Euro VI emission compliant. I guess it means nothing to anyone here other than how much CEV they get, Which to me is a big misinformation as it means giving you back your PARF now, and not any real rebate. How disappointing with the green initiative here.

• Praise 4

3 things amazing I read.

1. ST car reviewer Christopher Tan, obviously a Beemer fan, didn't give the GLA a chance. Probably upset with C&C for giving him the 200 instead of 250 to review.

2. BT car reviewer on the same day, praised the GLA250, gave a fair review and info to its readers ST did not.

3. The W205 C class apparently will be using the same 1.6 and 2.0 turbo engine and 7G DCT as the A,B, CLA, GLA... So I guess the new C class will not be considered a Merc?

Aren't these amazing?

One more thing, nobody from the press mentioned that all the MLA platform cars using 1.6t or 2.0t petrol are Euro VI emission compliant. I guess it means nothing to anyone here other than how much CEV they get, Which to me is a big misinformation as it means giving you back your PARF now, and not any real rebate. How disappointing with the green initiative here.

The biggest different between the C class and those models using the MLA platform is that W205 is rear wheel drive and GLA is front wheel drive.

GLA 250 has the 4 Matic ..... AWD which might be the biggest difference between the GLA200 and GLA250. But the Listed price for the GLA250 is about 17k more than the GLA200.

I was comparing the GLA and the X1 ...... the interior/dash of the X1 look "dated" compared to the GLA. But in terms of interior space .... the X1 wins.

• Praise 1

The biggest different between the C class and those models using the MLA platform is that W205 is rear wheel drive and GLA is front wheel drive.

GLA 250 has the 4 Matic ..... AWD which might be the biggest difference between the GLA200 and GLA250. But the Listed price for the GLA250 is about 17k more than the GLA200.

I was comparing the GLA and the X1 ...... the interior/dash of the X1 look "dated" compared to the GLA. But in terms of interior space .... the X1 wins.

X1 based on E90 platform, chassis. GLA based on MLA platform, slightly Stretched wheelbase of A class. It's natural X1 has more legroom.

GLA should be compared to the upcoming 2 series Sports Activity Tourer (slightly stretched 1 series platform, and taller... Like B class)... New X1 based on F30 should be compared to W205 based GLK, probably coming in 2015-2016. W204 based GLK did not make it to our shores as no RHD was made.

Comparing GLA with Q3 is about right since Q3 is based on A3 , Golf, Touran, Tiguan platform.

not forgetting the price of the X1 is also lower

not forgetting the price of the X1 is also lower

Naturally. X1 have been around for years whereas GLA just launched. If OMV are both around the same level, it is normal for X1 to cost more. Newer models always comes at a higher premium than existing.

Was at KPO last nite. There was a private event for the GLA. My humble observation on the GLA250 which was on display. Exterior is very chio. Driver's seat small. Passenger seat probably comfortable for 2 persons & a tad squeezy for 3.

Striking it off my list for now.

3 things amazing I read.

Aren't these amazing?

I remember many years ago when Christopher Tan wrote the review on Lancer EX, he gave very bad feedback on this car too.

Both car makers are rep by C&C. Maybe he is bua song with C&C? [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

Sat in front seats of the showroom GLA. I'm 1.8m and the head room is really bad.

I can think of several reasons

1. You sat in one with moon roof ... which should be the one outside the showroom on dsiplay outdoor.

2. You have long body and short legs.

3. The seat was not adjusted down.

4. Headroom clearance of <30cm is perceived by you as really bad.

5. All of the above

I am 1.78m, sat in the 250 with AMG kits and moon roof, with seats lowered all the way down. I feel that I have about ~0.3m clearance from my head. Not a lot like a bus or MPV, but not really bad.

Perhaps my body is disproportionately short compared to my legs.

According to their online brochure, front seat to ceiling dimension is declared as 1015mm.

I can think of several reasons

1. You sat in one with moon roof ... which should be the one outside the showroom on dsiplay outdoor.

2. You have long body and short legs.

3. The seat was not adjusted down.

4. Headroom clearance of <30cm is perceived by you as really bad.

5. All of the above

I am 1.78m, sat in the 250 with AMG kits and moon roof, with seats lowered all the way down. I feel that I have about ~0.3m clearance from my head. Not a lot like a bus or MPV, but not really bad.

Perhaps my body is disproportionately short compared to my legs.

According to their online brochure, front seat to ceiling dimension is declared as 1015mm.

Yes I think some lady adjusted the seats before I sat in. Not sure how to manually adjust. My bro was sitting at front passenger seat also experienced the same head room. The showroom car is the middle one beside the CLA at level 2.

Yes I think some lady adjusted the seats before I sat in. Not sure how to manually adjust. My bro was sitting at front passenger seat also experienced the same head room. The showroom car is the middle one beside the CLA at level 2.

I was there yesterday to pick up my car from servicing and went to check out the GLA again.

With seat lowered all the way down in the 200 without moon roof, i have about 6 inches (15cm) headroom at the front driver seat (putting iphone 5s <about 5 inches or 12.6 cm long> above my head, there is still a bit more room above it. So, its not 30cm space above the head as i mentioned earlier. I find it quite sufficient ... about the same as the W204 C class.

It suppose to be a B&B car targeting middle class market for those cant afford actual Merc SUVs.

Only Sillypore promote as a 'Premium' car as it is so so expensive here!!!! This the the kind of car driven by lower middle class in europe!

does it not apply to any other cars in Singapore?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1