Gym Membership

Bonafidestack

Hi guys...

Wanna check with you guys what gym do you guys patronise and the membership that you guy are paying.

Wanna check the rate out before committing.

true-fitness-promo-may2009.jpg?w=500

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

used to, under true fitness..

2 year contract, paying $81 monthly..

but due to laziness, i sold off the membership after a year of usage..

was nice but realize its overcrowding and infested with other nationalities..

Edited by Kurty

Turbocharged

i got a 1 year membership with TF .. about $80 something per month using their amex promo ...

have to say, i was unimpressed with the guy who signed me up because he constantly bad mouthed his employer and colleagues in front of me and my buddy ...

Signed up with them ( True Fitness ) since 2009.

But I dun utilise my cc as afraid that might ‘MIA’ / lost interest in gym….

@ 100/- monthly ( 99% of office colleague gave up after 3-6 months of membership )…

Suggest you sign up for a year ( monthly payment – for 12 months )…. if you find it worthwhile – use your cc after a year….

As the gym is in the same block of my office – managed to regimental self 3-4 times/week….

As 01 bro mentioned – at times feels like I’m doing my work-out in banana-land [idea]

• Praise 1

I'm with True Fitness too, just renewed last year, about 80+ per month for 2 years. Does get pretty crowded during peak hours, and depending on which branch you go to there are quite a lot of non locals. No frills, facilities nothing to shout about, people leave the weights lying around pretty often, hogging, etc etc is very common. I don't bother about all these, just get in do my stuffs and get out so I'm ok with the price / place. Tried Fitness First for a year but much more expensive, nice pools, better toilets etc.

TS if you are particular about nice equipments, newer gyms, facilities etc, you should probably pay for the more expensive ones.

ps: Btw I've seen people using hair dryer on their feet, I hope they don't use it on their balls though, so please skip the hair dryer if you do use one.

Signed up with them ( True Fitness ) since 2009.

But I dun utilise my cc as afraid that might ‘MIA’ / lost interest in gym….

@ 100/- monthly ( 99% of office colleague gave up after 3-6 months of membership )…

Suggest you sign up for a year ( monthly payment – for 12 months )…. if you find it worthwhile – use your cc after a year….

As the gym is in the same block of my office – managed to regimental self 3-4 times/week….

As 01 bro mentioned – at times feels like I’m doing my work-out in banana-land [idea]

Hypersonic

But SAFRA carpark charge is very expensive. [thumbsdown]

Go after 6 for per entry price lor. If SAFRA member can get member rate parking too.

Nobody join gym in this forum??? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Renewed California Fitness @ 48 pm for 3 years contract...I try to go at least twice a week to make it worthwhile :)

Some of the gym classes are good.

But SAFRA carpark charge is very expensive. [thumbsdown]

I tried safra at tampines before. Went there a few time. Don't really like there leh.

And yes. The carpark is quite ex. Hahha.

Renewed California Fitness @ 48 pm for 3 years contract...I try to go at least twice a week to make it worthwhile :)

Some of the gym classes are good.

Woah!!! Bro. that's quite a good deal.

What classes do you always join?

I tried muay thai before. quite like the tempo. But hor the class usually last like 2.30hr. . . So after muay thai, my legs and hands always go wobbly. hahaha. Quit when my muay thai fren left the gym. . .

I tried muay thai before. quite like the tempo. But hor the class usually last like 2.30hr. . . So after muay thai, my legs and hands always go wobbly. hahaha. Quit when my muay thai fren left the gym. . .

Coincidence! Have just joined the Muay Thai classes last week. It's like 1 hour and we've just started with the boxing part (kicking haven't yet), so still bearable. Think I'll survive :)

Have attended Pilates and Cycling studio also...

Coincidence! Have just joined the Muay Thai classes last week. It's like 1 hour and we've just started with the boxing part (kicking haven't yet), so still bearable. Think I'll survive :)

Have attended Pilates and Cycling studio also...

California Gym have muay thai? [grin] [grin] [grin]

Go after 6 for per entry price lor. If SAFRA member can get member rate parking too.

Yes, register your IU with SAFRA as long as you are SAFRA member, even if you are not gym member.

The parking rates are not too expensive I feel, after 6pm is $1.95 per entry for members at Mount Faber, $1.63 for Tampines. Public Rate for Tampines is $3.20, double the price. That's why it's important to register your car IU with SAFRA.

The gym at SAFRA really quite good, you don't find many foreigners, and mostly are those post NS s'pore males. A lot even wearing army t-shirts haha. Of cos if you want to have eye candies those mega gyms may be better.

I've been using the Singapore Sports Council gym for 15 years now.

It's very good and very friendly place.

Lots of equipment both weights etc and Cardio Vascular machines.

It costs me S$50 per 6 months for off peak membership. That's not S$50 per month that's S$50 per 6 months.

Excellent value.

Highly recommended.

Edited by Neutrino