24/7 Locksmith Service?

Count-Bracula

Earlier on discovered my main gate stuck and could not be opened from the outside, had to stick hand through the iron wrought gap and open from the latch inside. Did a Google search and found this 24-hour service with a "call us anytime" kind of motto. Managed to get through and a rather gruffy guy answered, after a bit of haggling he said "lao siong (brother) today Sunday, tomorrow can or not?" Can I said but your advert said 24-hour and anytime.

"Aiyah okay lah okay lah, where you stay and what is the problem?" Told him I needed to get my lock on main gate replaced and how much?

$200 he said, my eyes popped and never mind thank you bye bye.

I might as well go IMM buy what I need and search Youtube for DIY lock change.

Goodness! No wonder we are number 1.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Earlier on discovered my main gate stuck and could not be opened from the outside, had to stick hand through the iron wrought gap and open from the latch inside. Did a Google search and found this 24-hour service with a "call us anytime" kind of motto. Managed to get through and a rather gruffy guy answered, after a bit of haggling he said "lao siong (brother) today Sunday, tomorrow can or not?" Can I said but your advert said 24-hour and anytime.

"Aiyah okay lah okay lah, where you stay and what is the problem?" Told him I needed to get my lock on main gate replaced and how much?

$200 he said, my eyes popped and never mind thank you bye bye.

I might as well go IMM buy what I need and search Youtube for DIY lock change.

Goodness! No wonder we are number 1.

http://www.expresslocksmith.com.sg/24-hour-locksmith-services.htm

this one best i can find for you bro. 25 hr locksmith

Edited by Little_prince

They are ridiculously expensive these days, there is no market rate anymore, they just throw some numbers and accept you to pay.

I use the service of a 24 hours locksmith a year ago, cost me $120 for a small faulty part, more than the cost of the entire lock. No choice, paid up as job done.

Now wiser, just buy a new lock and replace myself. KNN, daylight robbery.

locksmiths also need "work-life balance" nowadays? :ph34r:

They need time to spend with their family and loved ones that I understand but do not advertise as 24-hour as it is misleading and if the business is unable to fulfil. They even have different contacts for different zones and I called the one for West.

http://www.expresslocksmith.com.sg/24-hour-locksmith-services.htm

this one best i can find for you bro. 25 hr locksmith

Si mi one? Thank you, ah di.

They are ridiculously expensive these days, there is no market rate anymore, they just throw some numbers and accept you to pay.

I use the service of a 24 hours locksmith a year ago, cost me $120 for a small faulty part, more than the cost of the entire lock. No choice, paid up as job done.

Nowadays a lot of carrot choppers, we have to decide wisely and DIY if possible.

look...u didn't just pay $120 for a small part, you also pay for his knowledge of pin-pointing the small part, most importantly he has impart you the knowledge that $120 for a small part is a daylight robbery.....

now you are wiser right? worth or not? [laugh][laugh] [laugh]

(edited)

look...u didn't just pay $120 for a small part, you also pay for his knowledge of pin-pointing the small part, most importantly he has impart you the knowledge that $120 for a small part is a daylight robbery.....

now you are wiser right? worth or not? [laugh][laugh] [laugh]

I didn't realise it then as he told him his reconditioned part is sibei difficult to find. Later I went to NTUC Extra and saw that a brand new lock (one that will likely fit my current door) cost just 60 bucks.

I sibei wise now... change entire lock and not parts. Don't waste time with these people unless you are locked out of your place and are paying for their "access" service.

Edited by Voodooman

This type not so bad already … I ever kena those who ask you first … "Your's is Condo or HDB?" … If I listened carefully, I think I could hear him Grinning while Sharpening His Parang … :huh:

Have a friend thats your so call 24/7 locksmith, not easy job, always on standby and every new lock come out they have to buy and try to understand its mechanical and learn to break it. 

Have a friend thats your so call 24/7 locksmith, not easy job, always on standby and every new lock come out they have to buy and try to understand its mechanical and learn to break it.

Yes. I have a locksmith friend who was asked urgently to pick this lock after midnight. The client was a lady & her husband is overseas. He went there & the rest is history

post-116534-0-27400700-1449566380.jpeg

• Praise 3

Yes. I have a locksmith friend who was asked urgently to pick this lock after midnight. The client was a lady & her husband is overseas. He went there & the rest is history

What? She chose the device over your friend? Ouch.

My friend picked the lock FOC.....she came to the door without her dentures....

Edited by Leinad8919
  • Praise 1

Once, I needed a locksmith in a situation when it was quite difficult to get a locksmith as I didn't have time to search for a good locksmith...then I called up one of my friends who suggested me to go with emergency locksmith san diego who really amazed me with their service and pulled me out of the problem in few seconds only...

Edited by JerryOrtizz

Once, I needed a locksmith in a situation when it was quite difficult to get a locksmith as I didn't have time to search for a good locksmith...then I called up one of my friends who suggested me to go with emergency locksmith san diego who really amazed me with their service and pulled me out of the problem in few seconds only...

could you click the link for us to see what's behind it?

Just last week, I asked Siri is there any locksmith nearby. She got me a list with the address and number. I got the locksmith came in about an hour.

I was in Sydney.

Love Siri. :D

post-6115-0-14198200-1449582922.jpg last resort if all else fails to open the #$#%^$ door [laugh]

↡ Advertisement