Josephine Teo: GIC, Temasek won't take more risks

ask us to work till 80 then retired.

Minimum sum $1mil.... fixed monthly payout for 40 years.

They will promise to pay us till we are 120....

:D

Bingo... instead, they said they want to increase our CPF fund for our retirement.

Actual is... they need the cash now!

till 120 years old ? I will need to pray to God to allow me to live till then...

why only talk about losses?

never say how brilliant temasek is in making astute investments like SMRT, taxi companies, local banks, local real estate companies?

Every quarter make billions in profit leh

• Praise 2

never say how brilliant temasek is in making astute investments like SMRT, taxi companies, local banks, local real estate companies?

Haha, That was the collection portion we were discussing too.

Revenue from vested companies.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Unless you move out of Singapore totally.. As long as you're here, whether working or not, you're paying for someone's gambling habit..

and some people say investments are not gambling..

i say it is just a glorified term that is used..

• Praise 2

Totally brilliant comment. Often one wonder " Why go all the way to Pakistan or aussie to get fleeced when u can fleece the sheep comfortably at home?" All these ABC and BOA are puny stuff that attract endless no. of bad mouths. Remember, COE is $3B a year, risk free and auto piloted.

• Praise 2

It is a classy word for the elites to get away with their gambling addictions...

nothing better than to have unlimited bankroll

and get to keep the profits if happen to win right

Turbocharged

money into pocket cannot talk, money not going into pocket must talk... just like cdl kpkb..

• Praise 1

I always term investment as gambling.......its a true fact that will never change.

One can agrue they study the market, look for trend, at the end of the day take calculated risks. Put in money and hope to gain profits.

Whats the diff between studying a horse or a football player & team, look for past results, and in the end risk your hard earn money ?

No wonder every wednesdays and weekdends can see 4D outlets so longggggggg Q. Our govt so addited to gambling, how to expect the citizens to be act otherwise......... [shakehead][:(]

and some people say investments are not gambling..

i say it is just a glorified term that is used..

• Praise 2

Ermm...

All the risk was taken during the term when Tony Tan was the chairman of GIC.

Now as President, isn't he the only person with the authority to see the books.

As if he really need to see.

Raise employer CPF?

Well, for one, there's the ~$75K a piece COE that's coming at ~600 pcs, 2 times a month, 12 months of a year ...

They will also increase the population to 6.9m or 9.6m in the future. more ppl, more cpf, more ppl buy coe, more ppl to take smrt.

One People, One Nation, One Singapore!!!!

They can also sell the CPF business model to our neighboring countries and draw commission from the investment they made for them.

Turbocharged

Whats the diff between studying a horse or a football player & team, look for past results, and in the end risk your hard earn money ?

The difference is an investor conducts due diligence when sizing up a purchase. Is Coca Cola a good buy for the long run? Is the CEO and management a bunch of goons? How does it's books look like? Does the share price reflect a premium or discount over the book value? Is it's operations run efficiently with no fat to trim? How much of the market does it capture? Do I want to drink Coke? The investor technically should answer as many if not all doubts as possible and then press the go button based on the final gut feel.

A horse racing punter is more often than not the exact opposite. He listens to talks among fellow punters - this beh looks damn solid ah! But he has no access to the beh's training log, the beh's rapport with its rider, the beh's nutritional program and the beh's extra curricular nutrition program (come on we all know behs use the juice). The punter only has a book with statistics (pardon me if I'm wrong but I think that "ma jing" does look like it contain only stats) which is similar to what a novice investor or speculator can get his hands on. Stats! [laugh]

Edited by Porker
  • Praise 4

The difference is an investor conducts due diligence when sizing up a purchase. Is Coca Cola a good buy for the long run? Is the CEO and management a bunch of goons? How does it's books look like? Does the share price reflect a premium or discount over the book value? Is it's operations run efficiently with no fat to trim? How much of the market does it capture? Do I want to drink Coke? The investor technically should answer as many if not all doubts as possible and then press the go button based on the final gut feel.

A horse racing punter is more often than not the exact opposite. He listens to talks among fellow punters - this beh looks damn solid ah! But he has no access to the beh's training log, the beh's rapport with its rider, the beh's nutritional program and the beh's extra curricular nutrition program (come on we all know behs use the juice). The punter only has a book with statistics (pardon me if I'm wrong but I think that "ma jing" does look like it contain only stats) which is similar to what a novice investor or speculator can get his hands on. Stats! [laugh]

This type of answer is bo bei zhao one :ph34r:

abuthen i can tell u the world is out to screw over SG. they see as a money bags so cant wait to suck our coffers dry

↡ Advertisement