Josephine Teo: GIC, Temasek won't take more risks

Supersonic

To be a bit fairer to GIC

Becos, we should not assess them on a piecemeal basis.

Not every investment will make money.

But they should be lumping all the investments in fin insti to see how well they did.

Not just with Citi.

That said

It wasnt wrong to go in and buy up the big names during the last crisis.

Citi, UBs, merill etc...

But GIC timing not that good.

Too kancheong, bot too high.

I would agree they are not very good in that department.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

you can't handle the truth !!!

tell you also no use

just be happy when you see your cpf statement

mai hiam la

Edited by Wt_know

You would be right. Unfortunately, the data given to us doesn't allow for us to measure the performance as you have proposed.

We measure their performance in other ways

And we take action accordingly as Singapore citizens lor.

In life cant have your cake and eat it lah, bro

• Praise 1

Twincharged

We measure their performance in other ways

And we take action accordingly as Singapore citizens lor.

In life cant have your cake and eat it lah, bro

I think thats for sure. U cannot possibly win 10 out of 10 without once losing some money.

Then again, thats what the bankers / RM also tells you.

(edited)

I think thats for sure. U cannot possibly win 10 out of 10 without once losing some money.

Then again, thats what the bankers / RM also tells you.

Yes and.....

Actually it more than the number of times

It about the allocation or composition.

Its never about how many times.

Becos if your allocation is good, you win on the big one and may lose many small ones which dont matter.

Huat ah!

Edited by Throttle2

Temasek stake values Salt Bae Turkish restaurant owner at $1.6 billion

ISTANBUL (REUTERS) - Singapore's Temasek and Britain's Metric Capital have bought into Nusr-Et steakhouse owner D.ream in a deal valuing the Turkish firm at US$1.2 billion (S$1.6 billion).

Nusr-Et was made famous by butcher-turned-social media star Nusret Gokce, who went viral under the nickname Salt Bae in 2017 after posting videos of himself salting meat.

Salt Bae's distinctive cobra-like manoeuvre earned Gokce more than 12 million Instagram followers and has helped launch Nusr-Et restaurants in the Middle East, New York and Miami.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/temasek-stake-values-salt-bae-turkish-restaurant-owner-at-16-billion

还我 CPF !

• Praise 1

Ya right... no risk

Well at least can eat lo haaa

but but but .... restoran is in middle east, New York and Miami nia.

have to fly world's best airline to get there, no ?  :slow:

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/temasek-stake-values-salt-bae-turkish-restaurant-owner-at-16-billion

还我 CPF !

Don't shout so fast. Screen capture / print the article out and if the investment fail, then come next GE, ask those who's responsible for the so many failed investment to step down.,.. 

• Praise 1

investment is for longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg term bro [laugh]

Don't shout so fast. Screen capture / print the article out and if the investment fail, then come next GE, ask those who's responsible for the so many failed investment to step down.,.. 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Nah, no confidence in these chaps.

Rather take the money and go support local hawker stalls. Keep the money in our system.

Salt Bae Restaurant ? simi lai eh ?  :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

• Praise 1

investment is for longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg term bro [laugh]

failed investment is you pull out from the investment or withdraw from the investment and thus losing money. If didn't withdraw or pull out, it'll be like what you written , longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg term investment. [laugh]  [laugh]

cobra kungfu cooking bro ... muahahaha

post-7984-0-11589200-1523347963_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Rather take the money and go support local hawker stalls. Keep the money in our system.

hmmm.... How you know support local hawker stalls consider as keep the money in our system leh? Maybe the stall owner not Singaporean? maybe the stall owner hire FTs? Maybe the stall owner always go overseas tours?

Of course I also got the question of how Temask value that restaurant so high since it only become so famous a year ago.

hmmm.... How you know support local hawker stalls consider as keep the money in our system leh? Maybe the stall owner not Singaporean? maybe the stall owner hire FTs? Maybe the stall owner always go overseas tours?

Of course I also got the question of how Temask value that restaurant so high since it only become so famous a year ago.

haha ... so long as its a mum + pop shop and can speak Singlish, good enough for me. 

they want to go overseas holiday is their call, they have earned it. at least I have done my part for local economy. 

acquire all the MALA shops and stalls in Chinatown ... huat until siao ar ... I SAY ONE ... lol

long snaking queue from Mon to Sun !!!

Edited by Wt_know

还我 CPF !

Salt Bae Restaurant’s Owner to Start Talks on $2.5 Billion Debt

Dogus is seeking to extend the average maturity of the debt with new loans that will fall due in about 5 1/2 years, compared with an average maturity now of 2 1/2 years, said the people. The company is also pushing to skip principal payments for the next two years to make payments only on the interest, the people said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-16/salt-bae-diner-s-owner-said-to-start-talks-on-2-5-billion-debt

I dont have good vibes re this Salt Bae investment ....  :dizzy:

↡ Advertisement