Nissan Qashqai 2014

Thaiyotakamli

Hi friend, any of your have such a strange sound whenever moving forward or reverse at initial

A 'tock' sound near driver side.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Hi friend, any of your have such a strange sound whenever moving forward or reverse at initial

A 'tock' sound near driver side.

Had it awhile ago.. sound especially loud during parking, when turning my steering wheel to one particular direction full lock. During servicing, told SA about it, quickly rectified.. said something came loose, that's all. Mine was driver side front wheel. Edited by Nissan833

Doing a hard right from still and notice something like the clutch is slipping... Any bro/sis had encountered this? Other than this, the car is okay less the noise from the overpressured tyres.

Had it awhile ago.. sound especially loud during parking, when turning my steering wheel to one particular direction full lock. During servicing, told SA about it, quickly rectified.. said something came loose, that's all. Mine was driver side front wheel.

...something came loose, that's all.

Just hope that's all [sweatdrop]

just checking anyone here using steelmate TPMS (car plug type)? how do you plug in as mine can't put it all in due to the hinge is blocking it.

just checking anyone here using steelmate TPMS (car plug type)? how do you plug in as mine can't put it all in due to the hinge is blocking it.

U will need to buy a splitter or an extender. U must hav bought the phone app version. That one the cigar is slightly shorter so the hinge will block.

Collected today. The tyres were hard like stones :a-confused:

WP_20150630_16_38_17_Raw_zpsnzw9aqfp.jpg

Congrats. Check your tyres' pressure. Think a forum user here got a similar feedback and later realize that it is due to the high tyre pressure.

WP_20150630_16_38_17_Raw_zpsnzw9aqfp.jpg

Ya, u better check the tyre pressure.

Mine I discover TC pump according to the tyre indication instead of recommended for the car.

Front Tyre 50psi, and rear 49psi... (The tyre indicated max 51psi)

Then the first servicing think they release some and inform me to pump 33psi front and 30 rear next time.

Another checking with bro here:

when u drive on highway, if your speed above 90, sometimes (I mean only sometimes) will u feel some "trembling feel" when u continue stepping the accelerator pedal?

[confused]

(edited)

wah lau.... got the scuff plate from Aliexpress and it arrived, bent on one side... so sad.... gonna write to the seller and see how....

I got mine from this ebay seller from UK, excellent finish and fits perfectly. Not that expensive too.

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/CHROME-DOOR-SILL-PLATE-COVERS-SCUFF-PROTECTORS-TRIM-SET-FOR-NISSAN-QASHQAI-2014-/191381977110?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c8f413816

Ya, u better check the tyre pressure.

Mine I discover TC pump according to the tyre indication instead of recommended for the car.

Front Tyre 50psi, and rear 49psi... (The tyre indicated max 51psi)

Then the first servicing think they release some and inform me to pump 33psi front and 30 rear next time.

when u drive on highway, if your speed above 90, sometimes (I mean only sometimes) will u feel some "trembling feel" when u continue stepping the accelerator pedal?

[confused]

I do hit over 100+ sometimes on highway(with clear traffic of course), didn't feel any tremble, pretty smooth, but I don't know the speedometer got fault or not, although display as over 100, but don't feel very fast at all. [:/]

Edited by Tinydot

[confused]

'Trembling Feel'. Do you mean the Steering Wheel having a low frequency vibration, like a feedback from the engine to the Steering Wheel ? If I'm correct, it is because of the lack of power from the engine. Stepping on the accelerator feeds more air into the engine, the engine tried to run faster but it can't because the CVT is at the highest gear. Meaning lack of power, your engine RPM is probably at below 2K. If you have the ECO mode on, try turning it off the next time. With the ECO off, the CVT will be more willing to down shift and thus the engine will run at a higher RPM. This will translate to a higher power to the wheels. Another way is to shift the Gear stick to the right (where the manual gear selection is). With the gear stick at this position, your car behaves like a Sports Mode and CVT upshifts only at higher RPM, i.e. more power at the wheels.

Do let us know if it helps.

[confused]

The car is afraid to unleash the POWER!!! hahaha

'Trembling Feel'. Do you mean the Steering Wheel having a low frequency vibration, like a feedback from the engine to the Steering Wheel ? If I'm correct, it is because of the lack of power from the engine. Stepping on the accelerator feeds more air into the engine, the engine tried to run faster but it can't because the CVT is at the highest gear. Meaning lack of power, your engine RPM is probably at below 2K. If you have the ECO mode on, try turning it off the next time. With the ECO off, the CVT will be more willing to down shift and thus the engine will run at a higher RPM. This will translate to a higher power to the wheels. Another way is to shift the Gear stick to the right (where the manual gear selection is). With the gear stick at this position, your car behaves like a Sports Mode and CVT upshifts only at higher RPM, i.e. more power at the wheels.

Do let us know if it helps.

It is not the steering wheel.

Is the accelerator pedal feel with your feet when u step on it.. I don know how to describe.. trembling? vibrate?

in short, the feel is not smooth.

It is not the steering wheel.

Is the accelerator pedal feel with your feet when u step on it.. I don know how to describe.. trembling? vibrate?

in short, the feel is not smooth.

Not sure if this helps but I felt my driver seat and pedal had a slight vibration at speeds above 80KMH. TC did a wheel balancing at 1K servicing and feels good now.

Please release the air from the tires, the correct pressure for the front tires is 2.3bar, the rear tires can be from 2.1 to 2.6bar depending on load. TC overpumped and if you travel on high speed and over long distance, it may explode due to high pressure.

Not sure if this helps but I felt my driver seat and pedal had a slight vibration at speeds above 80KMH. TC did a wheel balancing at 1K servicing and feels good now.

Ya, bro, I think u got wat I felt.. lol..

my case is not always, sometimes only.. and not the seat, pedal only.

So maybe I shld ask TC to check on my next 5K servicing.

I do hit over 100+ sometimes on highway(with clear traffic of course), didn't feel any tremble, pretty smooth, but I don't know the speedometer got fault or not, although display as over 100, but don't feel very fast at all. [:/]

You don't feel very fast because of the overall combination of a relatively quiet car with good suspension.

My experience is similar to yours, except sometimes during start it goes to recirculation by default. However it will jump to ambient circulation during ride.

If during start the ac is set by default to ambient and I manually depressed to recirculation, then it will not toggle during ride.

They changed my head unit and last night I have to reset the clock 3 times to get it right.

So much for a smart car design.

Please share what tc says to you. I suspect they will say the ac logic is designed to UK climate and they will check with UK. I think they have no clue what is going on.

Clock will sometime went out of sync with the GPS. All I need to do is turn on the Navigation and it will sync the clock with the live GPS's clock. You would need to set the clock to sync with gps in the headunit setting.

Hope that's help.

↡ Advertisement