Nissan Qashqai 2014

Thaiyotakamli

I notice that the cold air con pipe is not insulated. So, I tried to cover as much as possible, of the 'exposed' cold pipe with insulation. With this insulation, the air con is cooler faster, especially, under the hot noon time sun.

Bro, care to share with a photo? So that I can understand better.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

is there any special rating / requirements for this battery?

I thought batteries, are just batteries, and can replace with 3rd party brands like Amaran.

1.2T needs Enhanced Flooded Battery (EFB) because of STOP/START feature.

Edited by Hoamchu
  • Praise 1

Haven't opened up to see what brand but doesn't bother me.

Mine is 2.0, no Start/Stop so 3rd party normal battery will work. Anyway since already changed "courtesy" of TC (50% :a-bang: ) , next change will be 1 year later.

Yep, if there is no start/ stop, the usual battery will do. Think the battery suitable for start/ stop is more expensive.

(edited)

Hi Kiteman,

Surprise to hear the new battery only can last 1 year.

Could it be that you're short distance traveller (like every trip is less than 10km), thus the battery does not has sufficient time to charge up?

Not really, my mileage is about 2k per month. And I seldom use the Ciga charger to charge phones etc.

Edited by Kiteman

Have been driving a Latio and then to QQ. Seems like Nissan cars drain the battery quite fast. My Latio changes batter every 1yr plus.

Have been driving a Latio and then to QQ. Seems like Nissan cars drain the battery quite fast. My Latio changes batter every 1yr plus.

I believe most modern cars these days suck more batt juice compared to older cars that don't have so many fancy gadgets and also use hydraulics for power steering.

1.2T needs Enhanced Flooded Battery (EFB) because of STOP/START feature.

Let me do the maths and make things difficult for myself [;)]

assumptions

- A standard battery like Amaran costs $150.

- assume EFB costs the same as standard battery (more likely EFB is more expensive ).

- without using , battery lasts for 3 years.

- with engine stop/start last for 1 year.

For every 3 years, I buy two more batteries = 2 x $150 = $300.

per year $100 extra.

1 litre 95octane is, say, $2.

$100 buys me 50 litre.

if fuel consumption is 7 litre / 100 km, I can travel about 700km for $100.

For yearly mileage at 20000km, 100km /20000km = 5%.

is fuel saving of 5% or more possible?

Spending wise, engine stop/start is marginal / unlikely.

for CO2 emission, engine stop/start certainly helps.

But wonder CO2 emission and toxic waste with the battery manufacturing & recycling?

• Praise 1

This morning battery flat. Have to jump start. 1 year+ 4 days so TC refused to give me a free replacement.

Owner watch out, due to the amount of electronics, it will run flat around one year.

Flat means can still recharge?

Or totally gone? Ur camera on 24hrs?

If u change battery within 2yrs u get 50% discount.

The cabin soundproofing is top notch for QQ. However, once moving, the tire noise is very pronounced compared to my previous car.

Finally found the answer (cause) in the uk forum from someone who share the same sentiment.

http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/forum/road-noise-at-the-back_topic2592.html

http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/forum/qashqai-ride-quality_topic3071.html

--------------------------

I manaed to find the right material: Maclean soundisolation open foam structure.

look at the vent under the rearlight.

http://postimg.org/image/79rhdmgrd/

this vent: http://postimg.org/image/qzzz9m1hl/

Two options: remove the rearbumber and block the sound from wheel to vent or do what i did put some extra soundisolation over the vents. The isolation material should block sound but passes air.

----------------------------------------------

post-144530-0-69810700-1437660189.jpg

post-144530-0-56584700-1437660222_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I booked mine for $115800. Actually I wanted to book it after this coming COE bidding. But SE offered guaranteed COE. End Aug / early Sep delivery. Comes with free built in GPS, front and rear recorder, subwoofer, OEM 3M black carmat and electric folding side mirror. An offer that I decided to book it today. With the solar film as standard package. Asking her to quote me pricing for roof rails only.

I booked mine last sunday. Now TC offer 113,800 with 6 bids guaranteed, or 114,800 with 2 bids guaranteed. I think coe will be lowered more in next biding exercise. Hopefully [nod]

Yesterday had K&N air filter installed for my QQ1.2T. Drove for a bit and based on my butt feel, there's some slight difference. Slightly better pulling power and engine sounds a lil bit different. Nevertheless, not a very expensive mod at $130+

My neighbour got the same car recently.. no mods done. Last night, I told him to drive mine, with throttle controller, air filter and 19" rims (supposed to slow it down), he said mine drove better. Eager to rev, more "light", smoother acceleration while his throttle response was very laggy. My FC also better.. maybe becuz I am on 70% highway.

That said, 1.2T is not meant for racing.. but I just want to squeeze whatever performance out from that small engine block to make driving more interesting. Mod don't scare, scare don't mod ^_^

*P.S - I am not affiliated to any mods/brands/workshops.

Thanks for sharing. Can u share or PM me where u bought the throttle controller? Will it void the warranty ?

I booked mine last sunday. Now TC offer 113,800 with 6 bids guaranteed, or 114,800 with 2 bids guaranteed. I think coe will be lowered more in next biding exercise. Hopefully [nod]

Congrats bro. Tc offered me $1.5k more with my 8 year old impreza after trade in. But most important, we must enjoy our new 1.2T soon!

Flat means can still recharge?

Or totally gone? Ur camera on 24hrs?

If u change battery within 2yrs u get 50% discount.

I do not have camera.

Usually once battery failed, I will not take the risk as I go up Malaysia frequently. Don't want to get stuck in some remote places.

Yes, the price is after 50% discount.

assumptions

- assume EFB costs the same as standard battery (more likely EFB is more expensive ).

per year $100 extra.

$100 buys me 50 litre.

But wonder CO2 emission and toxic waste with the battery manufacturing & recycling?

Interesting way to look at the things. The EFB battery is probably going to cost more than $150. The frequent start/ stop do cost additional tress to the car, specially, on the battery, starter motor, crankshaft bearing, half shells and the big end bearings. Nissan has to take all these into consideration during the design stage (additional cost to us). So, bottomline for the car owners, is the additional fuel savings cost effective ?

I do not have camera.

Usually once battery failed, I will not take the risk as I go up Malaysia frequently. Don't want to get stuck in some remote places.

Yes, the price is after 50% discount.

I usually keep a set of jumper wires in my car boot. You will never know when the battery will die on you.

assumptions

per year $100 extra.

$100 buys me 50 litre.

Correction

For yearly mileage at 20000km, 100km /20000km = 5%. 700km / 20000km = 3.5%

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1