Nissan Qashqai 2014

Thaiyotakamli

If I'm not wrong. If the compact suv survey includes PI and AD. Vezel is no1 and qq is no2. So Pple still buys from PI as it is a good, handsome and affordable car.

I've test drove the vezel & qq1.2t & 2.

If comparing Vezel hybrid based on performance, it has the advantage due to the electric motor. somemore it's lighter than qq. So power to weight ratio, vezel got its advantage again.

For me, I feel that a suv must possess the quality of .... A suv.

1) it must be comfortable.

2) the drivers line of sight must be higher than a sedan.

Not to say that vezel is not comfortable. But once u driven a qq, u feel what's lacking of vezel.

Vezel line of sight is only slightly higher than a sedan.

So I just feel it's neither here nor there.

Can't really describe the feelings of driving a vezel and a qq.

Maybe the only word I can use to describe when driving a qq is that I feel my mind is very relax in the car.

I've not got the car yet, just waiting for the right time, hopefully soon.

Now sourcing all the poison like whether to

1)change a aftermarket 19" light rims or 18".

2)change speakers inside the car.

3)install 3m clear car bra on the front bumper, bonnet and side mirrors.

4) and many more.... Just read about the rs chip thingy...

Vezel Hybrid has got 3 very important advantages.

1. Cheaper by at least $10K

2. Significantly more powerful with 0-100km/h at 8s

3. Significantly more fuel efficient at 20km/L

Performance is very important to many motorists.

For a high mileage motorist who travels in excess of 30000km per year, point 3 can save you ~$3000 in fuel each year as compared to a car with fuel economy of 10km/L and a lot of 8s B&B cars have real world fuel economy of 10km/L.

Edited by _h_r_
↡ Advertisement

Vezel Hybrid has got 3 very important advantages.

For a high mileage motorist who travels in excess of 30000km per year, point 3 can save you ~$3000 in fuel each year as compared to a car with fuel economy of 10km/L and a lot of 8s B&B cars have real world fuel economy of 10km/L.

Vezel hybrid weight is about 100kg lighter than a Qq2.0.

Power to weight ratio already win qq.

Rim size is 2" smaller. Rim weight plus larger tyre size increase unsprung weight of Qq2.

If the hybrid is to add additional sound proofing to match that of qq, increased its rim size to 19", then the century sprint would no longer be 8secs.

So There's really nothing to shout about on the 0-100km sprint when a car is lighter.

Price wise, For people who prefer qq like me, I'm prepared to pay this extra $10k for the comfort which vezel hybrid can never achieve. I know of vezel owners who are planning to change suspension for better comfort and increase the rim size to 18". In the end the savings would not be $10k, century sprint would not be at 8secs and fuel efficiency will reduce.

Vezel hybrid is a money saving car, provided the owner makes sure he saves the money up in his bank. else the next car he will only have $2.5k to offset his new car.

Just went down yesterday to test drive the 1.2 and 2.0 qashqai and even went Honda test the hrv.. If to my butt feel I rather go for the 2.0 then 1.2 in term of pickup and comfort level wise really solid.. But if u wan to compare the 1.2 and hrv pickup wise the hrv is better.. If u wan to compare hrv and vezel of course vezel spec is better.. But of course interior wise qashqai is nicer..

Edited by JX83
  • Praise 1

Vezel Hybrid has got 3 very important advantages.

For a high mileage motorist who travels in excess of 30000km per year, point 3 can save you ~$3000 in fuel each year as compared to a car with fuel economy of 10km/L and a lot of 8s B&B cars have real world fuel economy of 10km/L.

Qq 2.0 is at sgd114k+, vezel hybrid cheaper sgd10k or sgd104k+ ? Can show link ? Tks. Edited by richard_crl032

Let me give my unbiased views on qq and vezel. I am considering either one of these models.

I have finally finished reading this thread from start to end. It seems like the qq1.2 has alot of issues reported by 1.2 drivers. Such as powerloss (resolved then came back again, then resolve and came back again. I don't know how bad it is but drivers seems to be frustrated and feel unsafe with the problem faced), water mist found in headlights and rattling noise. Can't be because it is Made in UK as the qq2.0 however does not have any reported issues. Now i think qq1.2 is off my list. Would consider qq2.0, the see thru roof glass is really damn tempting.

However, if i want to save money i would also consider vezel (non-hybrid). So far only heard of noisy cabin from road noise, and suspension too soft.

I got the opportunity to test drive a Vezel during CNY from a relative who drives one. I got a shock of my life when i drove out the multi-storey carpark when i approached the barricade too fast and close. The car suddenly grind to a halt and a buzzer sound and a flashing light on the dash flashes. I was of course annoyed with it. But my relative told me this is a frontal collision prevention system factory fitted in the Vezel and he said that it save him several times when the car in front suddenly jams brake and he nearly miss rear ending the car. But i still find it annoying. haha.

I was in Japan recently and saw most of the Vezel are Hybrid model. I would not consider the Vezel hybrid unless it is brought in by local AD. Not really confident of SG workshop in repairing the hybrid cars, especially since it is from PI. Non-hybrid Vezel would be better and easier to service and repair locally.

Now back to qq and Vezel. The dilemma between qq2.0 and Vezel (non-hybrid), which to go for? 1 is Cat B and the other Cat A. I seriously will not consider qq1.2 unless the AD is confidence in resolving the issues. Even if resolved (still have to fear it will not come back again), i will rather play safe and get the qq2.0. Unfortunately, CAT B COE bounced back yesterday and price gonna go up again. I with the qq2.0 but the vezel cost lesser.

Vezel Hybrid has got 3 very important advantages.

For a high mileage motorist who travels in excess of 30000km per year, point 3 can save you ~$3000 in fuel each year as compared to a car with fuel economy of 10km/L and a lot of 8s B&B cars have real world fuel economy of 10km/L.

Bro since you commented so highly of Vezel Hybrid, I believe that Vezel is your choice.

Let me give my unbiased views on qq and vezel. I am considering either one of these models.

I have finally finished reading this thread from start to end. It seems like the qq1.2 has alot of issues reported by 1.2 drivers. Such as powerloss (resolved then came back again, then resolve and came back again. I don't know how bad it is but drivers seems to be frustrated and feel unsafe with the problem faced), water mist found in headlights and rattling noise. Can't be because it is Made in UK as the qq2.0 however does not have any reported issues. Now i think qq1.2 is off my list. Would consider qq2.0, the see thru roof glass is really damn tempting.

However, if i want to save money i would also consider vezel (non-hybrid). So far only heard of noisy cabin from road noise, and suspension too soft.

I got the opportunity to test drive a Vezel during CNY from a relative who drives one. I got a shock of my life when i drove out the multi-storey carpark when i approached the barricade too fast and close. The car suddenly grind to a halt and a buzzer sound and a flashing light on the dash flashes. I was of course annoyed with it. But my relative told me this is a frontal collision prevention system factory fitted in the Vezel and he said that it save him several times when the car in front suddenly jams brake and he nearly miss rear ending the car. But i still find it annoying. haha.

I was in Japan recently and saw most of the Vezel are Hybrid model. I would not consider the Vezel hybrid unless it is brought in by local AD. Not really confident of SG workshop in repairing the hybrid cars, especially since it is from PI. Non-hybrid Vezel would be better and easier to service and repair locally.

Now back to qq and Vezel. The dilemma between qq2.0 and Vezel (non-hybrid), which to go for? 1 is Cat B and the other Cat A. I seriously will not consider qq1.2 unless the AD is confidence in resolving the issues. Even if resolved (still have to fear it will not come back again), i will rather play safe and get the qq2.0. Unfortunately, CAT B COE bounced back yesterday and price gonna go up again. I with the qq2.0 but the vezel cost lesser.

Nice review on your experience between Vezel and QQ.

Been driving 1.2QQ since Sep 15 and I dont suffer any power lose nor rattling noise.. Heng Heng ar...I was also deciding on Vezel that period. But OC just sit  inside Vezel and dont even ask for price. When we go to TC and she saw the QQ, immediately asked for test drive and booked the car.  

Been enjoying the ride so far. But too bad that QQ dont have the 360 camera like X-trail in SG.

• Praise 1

TBH bro, you don't seem to favour either one and should be looking at other choices/variants instead. Why force yourself to accept one where you cannot seem to shrug off the tradeoff?

Edited by Runforyourlife

TBH bro, you don't seem to favour either one and should be looking at other choices/variants instead. Why force yourself to accept one where you cannot seem to shrug off the tradeoff?

I already said i am more in favour of the qq2.0, just want to add how i feel about the Vezel. You drive qq2.0? I am seeking comments from drivers of qq2.0 else i wouldnt bother to post here.

• Dislike 1

Been driving 1.2QQ since Sep 15 and I dont suffer any power lose nor rattling noise.. Heng Heng ar...I was also deciding on Vezel that period. But OC just sit  inside Vezel and dont even ask for price. When we go to TC and she saw the QQ, immediately asked for test drive and booked the car.  

Been enjoying the ride so far. But too bad that QQ dont have the 360 camera like X-trail in SG.

Thanks bro. The qq is indeed a nice car, interior wise many say vezel is bigger but i find it the same. In fact i find the qq boot bigger.

I already said i am more in favour of the qq2.0, just want to add how i feel about the Vezel. You drive qq2.0? I am seeking comments from drivers of qq2.0 else i wouldnt bother to post here.

I drove the 2.0 for 18 months for now. All I can say is good. It has the power when I need it but I bought it at 25k more than the current price [mad]

If I'm not wrong. If the compact suv survey includes PI and AD. Vezel is no1 and qq is no2. So Pple still buys from PI as it is a good, handsome and affordable car.

I've test drove the vezel & qq1.2t & 2.

If comparing Vezel hybrid based on performance, it has the advantage due to the electric motor. somemore it's lighter than qq. So power to weight ratio, vezel got its advantage again.

For me, I feel that a suv must possess the quality of .... A suv.

1) it must be comfortable.

2) the drivers line of sight must be higher than a sedan.

Not to say that vezel is not comfortable. But once u driven a qq, u feel what's lacking of vezel.

Vezel line of sight is only slightly higher than a sedan.

So I just feel it's neither here nor there.

Can't really describe the feelings of driving a vezel and a qq.

Maybe the only word I can use to describe when driving a qq is that I feel my mind is very relax in the car.

I've not got the car yet, just waiting for the right time, hopefully soon.

Now sourcing all the poison like whether to

1)change a aftermarket 19" light rims or 18".

2)change speakers inside the car.

3)install 3m clear car bra on the front bumper, bonnet and side mirrors.

4) and many more.... Just read about the rs chip thingy...

"For me, I feel that a suv must possess the quality of .... A suv.

1) it must be comfortable"

"Now sourcing all the poison like whether to

1)change a aftermarket 19" light rims or 18"."

No way the ride will be comfortable with 19 or even 18".

haha. for me when i bring my oc to see vezel and QQ, my oc commented that ah bengs are selling vezel and the nissan showroom is way nicer.. she also felt the QQ looks more classy...

test drove it. great compared to 1.2.

since you don't like 1.5vezel or 1.2qq, should just whack 2.0, if cannot afford den wait it out lor. no need short change yourself else regret later.

unfortunately your reply seemed rather hostile when all i speak is the truth and a gentle reminder not to regret your purchase

test drove it. great compared to 1.2.

since you don't like 1.5vezel or 1.2qq, should just whack 2.0, if cannot afford den wait it out lor. no need short change yourself else regret later.

unfortunately your reply seemed rather hostile when all i speak is the truth and a gentle reminder not to regret your purchase

Bro, dont scare. My english not good only, dont know how to phase it nicely. Chill up.

Having said all those above, with 19 inch wheels with 225/45R19 there is only ONE tyre brand (quote from tyre shop guy) ContiSportContact 5. There is NONE for 235/45R19 and the next best option is 255/40R19. 

Your tyre shop con you.

Michelin pilot sport do have the 225/45/R19 size and I am using a pair now as I had a side wall puncture with the factory Conti pair.  

Edited by Kiteman
  • Praise 1

"For me, I feel that a suv must possess the quality of .... A suv.

1) it must be comfortable"

"Now sourcing all the poison like whether to

1)change a aftermarket 19" light rims or 18"."

No way the ride will be comfortable with 19 or even 18".

Dun get wat u mean.

I'm looking at qq2 which comes with 19".

Whether to downgrade to 18" or aftermarket lightweight 19".

U talking about vezel upgrading to 18 or 19 " n still will not be comfortable?

↡ Advertisement