Nissan Qashqai 2014

Thaiyotakamli

Finally collecting my Magentic Red QQ next week. Any advise for what to look out for during collection?

Some things purely for guidance only in addition to what was mentioned (And I would use only bits of it very selectively) http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=24302

Best to have 1.5 hrs there and with someone who can do some of the checks for you because you will be quite absorbed with what the se will need to tell you about the car operational controls plus checking the paper works.

The magnetic red is very bewitching when shinning new. Would strongly suggest you ceramically coat it (minimum 5 coats). Not perfect (for all situations) but it is the best there is . Keep the middle third of the bonnet clean and dry. rest of car is not so a concern and you should find that the coating works wonders and if have a better chance at locking in the paint newness in comparison to all other methods including the do nothing option.

Edited by EricChan
  • Praise 2

I realize that the premium for nissan models is rather high (particularly qq), compared to other brands. Comparatively the premium for kia models is so low. Why is this so?

I realize that the premium for nissan models is rather high (particularly qq), compared to other brands. Comparatively the premium for kia models is so low. Why is this so?

How much u pay for the premium? You are toking the car insurance right

If TC set the selling price high, less people will buy.

Yet, best selling SUV in 2015.

• Praise 1

Referring to the premium over the basic cost of the car.

You can get a pretty accurate estimate of the premium over cost from this link (you will need to substitute latest Coe and car prices into the spreadsheet)

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.MainPar.67872.File.tmp/Car_Cost_Update.xls

Sad to say this.. Even the doors and bonnet are not aligned, paintwork or leather seat not perfect, they can only do rectification for you. No way will they change you another car. So at the end of the day, l would say luck play a part, depend on which unit you're assign to.

No seller whichever brand will change new car given these defects.

No seller whichever brand will change new car given these defects.

That's right, even the other car in the family has a soft top which had an alignment issue. And the SE knew the risks for rain etc. Still issued the car but offered to rectify which would take a week. And a German make nonetheless so you would expect more, but well caveat emptor.

Don't think the SE will know the reason. Or will they care cos you have signed already.

Unless, you tell them not buying due to this reason, maybe then they will feedback to their top management. But currently, QQ is consider as one of top SUV selling cars, so will they care?

Just my thoughts.

Those intending to buy 1.2T QQ may want to ask for radiator front grill guard as freebie before signing.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Those intending to buy 1.2T QQ may want to ask for radiator front grill guard as freebie before signing.

Will be interested to know if anyone gets it as a freebie.

i've got my front bumper grill installed .. then i started to notice that newer cars.. like the new chevy cruz too.. factory bumper without grill.. and one of my friend droves a sirroco , took out his bumper grill and swap for a non grill bumper. is this like new trend or is it for better airflow?

Don't think the SE will know the reason. Or will they care cos you have signed already.

Unless, you tell them not buying due to this reason, maybe then they will feedback to their top management. But currently, QQ is consider as one of top SUV selling cars, so will they care?

Just my thoughts.

My belief why the reason behind it is because the front grill design was meant to be compatible with the active grille shutter system of the higher option available in the U.K. When this option is not taken up nor available as an option in spore , they just left it as a void as it is

May not be easy to get this as one of the freebie unlike the front sensor or the auto folding mirror as it is not available in TC.

Interested to know too... Has anyone success in getting it as a freebie?

New interested buyer may try your luck and let us know.

• Praise 2

Anyone has gotten their software upgraded/updated?

Anyway a question. I did my 1000km servicing. And my next servicing was indicated at 6000km.

All this while i was doing on the dot, i.e. reach 5000km milage then go do 5000km servicing... and not 1000km + 5000km then do servicing.

Any right or wrong?

Edited by Foker

Anyone has gotten their software upgraded/updated?

Anyway a question. I did my 1000km servicing. And my next servicing was indicated at 6000km.

All this while i was doing on the dot, i.e. reach 5000km milage then go do 5000km servicing... and not 1000km + 5000km then do servicing.

Any right or wrong?

My understanding is the software update when done by the vendor (elegant auto accessories pte Ltd) allows you a one time free update entitlement within a 24 month period. The update is simple : there is a sd card behind the gps button on the panel and they basically do a one to one exchange.

I would do the oil change at the 6000 km, given the recommended oil drain interval of mineral (non synthetic ) oil is every 5k. If you are using synthetic oil which has a 10k interval between oil change I would still do it at 6000 km given that the running in period was stated as 1600 km meaning that there is some new microscopic metal running in materials since the 1000km servicing that needs to be removed ( and they cannot be filtered but can only be done so by draining ).

↡ Advertisement