Nissan Qashqai 2014

Thaiyotakamli

I had that intermittent warning "key system fault". So I changed the keyFob battery the other day. Last night it became more serious. Orange light always on when engine is started. That T shape logo which means Malfunction Indicator Light - engine control system malfunction. So no choice got to go down to BT today. I forgot to ask about the software update. I thought they will update the software for all 1.2T owners. Until i check the TC invoice now. There was no mention of it.

They won't do for all 1.2 automatically at this stage. Maybe those who updated first like mine are the guinea pigs.

My car took an extra 1.5hrs for the update, not sure if it's really true for the extra time or they bulls**t me cos there were many cars that day. But I did saw the mech took my car out for a test drive just before I collect my car.

They insisted that it's the characteristic of the car. Tried to add shim but sound recurred. Am lost, used to be isolated to the rear but front has clanking noise too.

Brake shim is to mitigate against brake squeal definitely of no use against this. This noise is a click . It could be or could not be brake related. Troubleshooting is never easy when it is difficult to point source of sound . Mred1-2 do you know the name of the mechanic (it will be in your sheet/ system) who solved your problem , can you share the name with QashqiGrey , as it maybe worth requesting that particular mechanic to have this part on his car check out. Edited by EricChan

Lol precisely!!!

With radio off, i only heard some frictions noise or braking sounds when doing cornering. May be it's the active trace control or traction control activating and if they say this is the characteristic then I would believe.

Not when moving off from standstill.

Brake shim is to mitigate against brake squeal definitely of no use against this. This noise is a click . It could be or could not be brake related. Troubleshooting is never easy when it is difficult to point source of sound . Mred1-2 do you know the name of the mechanic (it will be in your sheet/ system) who solved your problem , can you share the name with QashqiGrey , as it maybe worth requesting that particular mechanic to have this part on his car check out.

That was decades ago with my old suzuki Jimny at Champion motors.

Realise that my ride is pretty bumpy despite deflating it to 33 PSi. At time on certain part of the highway, it felt like those mild air turbulence. Is this the character of a 2L? Cannot recall how it's like during test drive. Anyone having the same experience as me?

Realise that my ride is pretty bumpy despite deflating it to 33 PSi. At time on certain part of the highway, it felt like those mild air turbulence. Is this the character of a 2L? Cannot recall how it's like during test drive. Anyone having the same experience as me?

Mid air turbulence... Meaning u inside car and car moves up and then down suddenly?

If u narrow down to a certain part of highway then it's the unevenness of the road that causes it.

Do u feel one part of the car especially the rear is like floating in the air then next moment the rear contacts the ground and car unstable a while?

Mid air turbulence... Meaning u inside car and car moves up and then down suddenly?

If u narrow down to a certain part of highway then it's the unevenness of the road that causes it.

Do u feel one part of the car especially the rear is like floating in the air then next moment the rear contacts the ground and car unstable a while?

Well, not as bad as what you have describe. Due to uneven road surfaces, can feel quite bumpy. My Friend say is the road surfaces but l don't agree.

Well, not as bad as what you have describe. Due to uneven road surfaces, can feel quite bumpy. My Friend say is the road surfaces but l don't agree.

Does feel bumpy, and if you find a good solution please share.

Just did my 5000 servicing today. After servicing, notable improvements in pick up speed and lesser free play with brakes. They fixed all the rattling some in the front and back so all good... for now. :)

Anyway, when I am on the GPS maps, sometimes along the road it chimes a "Ding!" randomly. Anyone know what the alert is about?

Nice to hear that the rattling noise gone.

The "Ding" could be due to the car speed exceeding the speed limit of the road or speed camera approaching with the distance from it indicated.

They insisted that it's the characteristic of the car. Tried to add shim but sound recurred. Am lost, used to be isolated to the rear but front has clanking noise too.

Just read pp 5-60 of the owner's manual. Wonder whether this relates to what you played.

It says there is a self test feature on the ABS that:

The computer has a built in diagnostic feature that tests the system each time you start the engine and move the vehicle at a low speed in forward or reverse. When the self test occurs, you may hear a clunk noise ...

Same comment appearing on the clunk noise written about the self test on the ESP system see pp5-61.

Just read pp 5-60 of the owner's manual. Wonder whether this relates to what you played.

The computer has a built in diagnostic feature that tests the system each time you start the engine and move the vehicle at a low speed in forward or reverse. When the self test occurs, you may hear a clunk noise ...

Same comment appearing on the clunk noise written about the self test on the ESP system see pp5-61.

It's not only at start up. Occurs throughout journey, parking.

Good to know and tks !!! Edited by richard_crl032

It's not only at start up. Occurs throughout journey, parking.

Did any of the ABS or EBS lit up when you hear the sound?

I am tempted to think it is indeed associated with the braking system because here's what I think :

1. The brake system has a learning program and each braking action modify them. When this click / clank happens it modifies/ corrects its action to your braking behavior but appears it has never settled down to its optimal form to suit you.

2. There are 2 actuators independently controlling the braking system so that you have at least 2 brakes working . So the now back and later front noise could possibly be explainable from the independent control ?

Sometimes cars are not put together sufficiently properly at the factory ( these things happen with every make), no fault of TC (in fact it becomes much more difficult for mechanic and maintenance to rectify -you will be wrong to blame them as the problem was caused by someone else putting it together )

There have also been fiddling with your brake system, so parts could have been more quickly worn or loosen.

I would ask them to change out everything on the brake system - actuators, brake pads (except the brake disc) , drain and refill the brake oil , and update the software program .

I would get back to the SE and ask him/ her to set up a meeting with their management on how they can help you and offer you the Peace of Mind in Vehicle Ownership, that your car doesn't give you much confidence that it can last 10 years even when being maintained "properly" , because you have already suffered real concerns and anxiety , lost plenty of time, put up with a lot of inconveniences and this has consumed your energy and distracted you from your work and is still not getting anywhere to ending ... See what way out or win win solution TC management can have for both parties.. And then you could try CASE even legal...but you will have to weigh it whether this will help and protect your interest and then you must be prepared to spend / waste even more effort , time , money , ..or whether you risk not gaining anything at all as TC may then sit back and not do anything more for you unless compelled to...

Edited by EricChan

Indeed Service experienced tpy not great but BT and Ubi had been ok. Wiper spray not working after 2 weeks from collection and tpy did diagnostic and cannot repair. They refer me to Ubi and fix <1 hr cos only found choked and now working fine for 2 mths +

On power loss, most of us DO NOT experience it. Out of 100+ bros in the whatsapp group, >5% reported it but no doubt a concern.

Cheers ...

Can I be added into the WhatsApp group?

Did any of the ABS or EBS lit up when you hear the sound?

I am tempted to think it is indeed associated with the braking system because here's what I think :

1. The brake system has a learning program and each braking action modify them. When this click / clank happens it modifies/ corrects its action to your braking behavior but appears it has never settled down to its optimal form to suit you.

2. There are 2 actuators independently controlling the braking system so that you have at least 2 brakes working . So the now back and later front noise could possibly be explainable from the independent control ?

Sometimes cars are not put together sufficiently properly at the factory ( these things happen with every make), no fault of TC (in fact it becomes much more difficult for mechanic and maintenance to rectify -you will be wrong to blame them as the problem was caused by someone else putting it together )

There have also been fiddling with your brake system, so parts could have been more quickly worn or loosen.

I would ask them to change out everything on the brake system - actuators, brake pads (except the brake disc) , drain and refill the brake oil , and update the software program .

I would get back to the SE and ask him/ her to set up a meeting with their management on how they can help you and offer you the Peace of Mind in Vehicle Ownership, that your car doesn't give you much confidence that it can last 10 years even when being maintained "properly" , because you have already suffered real concerns and anxiety , lost plenty of time, put up with a lot of inconveniences and this has consumed your energy and distracted you from your work and is still not getting anywhere to ending ... See what way out or win win solution TC management can have for both parties.. And then you could try CASE even legal...but you will have to weigh it whether this will help and protect your interest and then you must be prepared to spend / waste even more effort , time , money , ..or whether you risk not gaining anything at all as TC may then sit back and not do anything more for you unless compelled to...

Yep, GM has been following my case. They have been repairing it for past 9 mths, but recurrs. No ABS light on, nothing. Just that if TC cannot repair, they must admit it is beyond them, not drag on. Have forwarded a letter from CASE snd LTA is informed too. Just that till now, they still claim it is a characteristic of the car, similar to the gtr, abt brake spacing...

Lol not even looking at 10yrs, cannot even have a peaceful drive in 10days.

Edited by QashqiGrey

Gosh. These feedbacks to TC must be solved! Worrying. This is my 2nd Nissan and all had been well. For the past 1 week, Qashqai had provided a great drive. A little rattling can be heard at low SPD with radio totally off. But it's intermittent. Somehow slight pressure at passenger door near the glove compartment would stop the sounds. My reverse cam went crazy once but putting to drive and reverse again solved the issue.

Don't think cars would be perfect but shall highlight during servicing.

Now for the photo! My side steps from taobao is here! But worried as I ordered the 2016 version. Why the box states 2015.... Stress. Shall open it tmr.

20160312_183053_zpst8gv50vx.jpg

Have anyone installed  side rail (roof rail) on the 1.2 ? 

Any good workshop to recommend?

I am thinking of installing one.

Does our QQ roof are already pre-drilled with holes ? 

Gosh. These feedbacks to TC must be solved! Worrying. This is my 2nd Nissan and all had been well. For the past 1 week, Qashqai had provided a great drive. A little rattling can be heard at low SPD with radio totally off. But it's intermittent. Somehow slight pressure at passenger door near the glove compartment would stop the sounds. My reverse cam went crazy once but putting to drive and reverse again solved the issue.

Don't think cars would be perfect but shall highlight during servicing.

Now for the photo! My side steps from taobao is here! But worried as I ordered the 2016 version. Why the box states 2015.... Stress. Shall open it tmr.

how much is the damage?

Post some pics

Edited by Tsupan

Turbocharged

Yep, GM has been following my case. They have been repairing it for past 9 mths, but recurrs. No ABS light on, nothing. Just that if TC cannot repair, they must admit it is beyond them, not drag on. Have forwarded a letter from CASE snd LTA is informed too. Just that till now, they still claim it is a characteristic of the car, similar to the gtr, abt brake spacing...

Lol not even looking at 10yrs, cannot even have a peaceful drive in 10days.

Like that one... last time my Latio also got those kok kok sound if we steer the steering at certain angle... even tyre shop also ask me why got such sound.... tc say so long not safety issue, it's normal one...

↡ Advertisement