Nissan Qashqai 2014

Thaiyotakamli

Guys observe something strange. Wonder whether is it normal or not

For the past 2 fuEl topup, my tank display show 420km left after topup and just now show 520km after topup.

Used to show at least 620km and above after topup. But last 2 topup show strange figures

Anyone have this issue before?

And my fuel needle was at half tank when I pumped just now. Basing on 55l tank size, I should be topping up just around 27.5l +/-

But the receipt show otherwise, 32.7l fuel topup. And total distance travelled 298km

Trip meter only shows estimated distance to go since it cannot know how you will be driving for remaining fuel. It uses FC from the last trip and previous trips for such estimation.

Needle at half tank is also only estimate.

My advice is to ignore both unless you receive fuel low warning which is still fine driving in Singapore with many petrol stations around.

To calculate FC, please clocked km travel from full tank till llw fuel warning and divide by 50 since reserve would be about 5 litre when you get the low fuel warning.

There are already many msgs posted on FC to expect and this depends on city/hway driving ratio and how heavy footed you are.

Cheers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Trip meter only shows estimated distance to go since it cannot know how you will be driving for remaining fuel. It uses FC from the last trip and previous trips for such estimation.

Needle at half tank is also only estimate.

My advice is to ignore both unless you receive fuel low warning which is still fine driving in Singapore with many petrol stations around.

To calculate FC, please clocked km travel from full tank till llw fuel warning and divide by 50 since reserve would be about 5 litre when you get the low fuel warning.

There are already many msgs posted on FC to expect and this depends on city/hway driving ratio and how heavy footed you are.

Cheers.

Thanks bro

Looks cool! ðð»

What's the total price u paid including delivery to SG?

Easy to install?

It's about $7 in total. Antenna cost RMB23 roughly $5, shipped by economy air at $1.69 per 500g

Very easy to install. Just screw out the existing antenna and screw the new antenna in. There are 3 pcs of screw, choose the shortest piece.

Edited by Linbo
  • Praise 1

Get a life and disappear from this thread.

Let new owners enjoy their ride like me for the last 6 months but really glad you did not if indeed genuinely having own it at all ..haahhaa

Totally agree with Richard. This thread is very helpful to every newbie like me to share what we experience and "compare notes". I also notice that once in a while, a few "empty vezels" would come & pour cold water around. These "otters" should go dig their holes elsewhere if they want their views & comments to be taken seriously.

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Last 2 days very peaceful - due to spoilers busy at Car Expo?

So now its obvious these 'spoilers' are competitors' SE !

Went to the car expo and wanted to see the QQ. So many people hanging out at the car. Waited 10 mins just to open the passenger side rear door. Sad.

Turbocharged

That Sir, is one of a kind look, me likey!

anyone been to the car show yet? i went, every 3-5 mins they announced a car sold with the owner's name.

With this existing demand, How can the COE not continue to increase?

Huh... If 3 mins 1 car, that work out to 20 an hour and 200 units for 10hours.. 2 days only sell 400-500 is a huge flop bro... Hehehhe... , so, few minutes announce 1 car is really not that great actually unless you are referring to per brand... Even that, for Toyota to sell that numbers in a car show is really nothing to brag about.. Hehehhe..

Huh... If 3 mins 1 car, that work out to 20 an hour and 200 units for 10hours.. 2 days only sell 400-500 is a huge flop bro... Hehehhe... , so, few minutes announce 1 car is really not that great actually unless you are referring to per brand... Even that, for Toyota to sell that numbers in a car show is really nothing to brag about.. Hehehhe..

Bro thats for those who had been announced through PA system.

Haven't include those unannounced.

Well every deal count and have an impact to the numbers shown to LTA.

Got this 12cm antenna from TB. So far so good, reception ok.

http://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?id=524877257703

attachicon.gif2016-04-24 15.27.26.jpg

As for the 95ron test with eco mode on, somehow the consumption is worst than normal mode. Personally I feel that normal mode is better. More power n better consumption. Maybe is my CO driving style. She complain no power, even during normal mode hahaha

Maybe my next project is to install RS chip.

Hi, Can update on the gain after installing the RS chip.? thank you

Totally agree with Richard. This thread is very helpful to every newbie like me to share what we experience and "compare notes". I also notice that once in a while, a few "empty vezels" would come & pour cold water around. These "otters" should go dig their holes elsewhere if they want their views & comments to be taken seriously.

To be fair, I believe he owns a qq and encountered the ongoing problem which TC had yet to resolve. It is frustrating esp as it could be one of the few occurences.

To be fair, I believe he owns a qq and encountered the ongoing problem which TC had yet to resolve. It is frustrating esp as it could be one of the few occurences.

Thanks haronkr, i am an owner and like wat richard has gloated, i do experience all the problems. Can see how defensive he is and only cares about how happy he should be. This is a forum and am just sharing real problems and like u said; TC unable to solve.

So to richard, don't think too fully of yourself and start slamming others just because there are negative comments. Call yourself educated.

Edited by QashqiGrey

Thanks haronkr, i am an owner and like wat richard has gloated, i do experience all the problems. Can see how defensive he is and only cares about how happy he should be. This is a forum and am just sharing real problems and like u said; TC unable to solve.

So to richard, don't think too fully of yourself and start slamming others just because there are negative comments. Call yourself educated.

Then y r u so sure that people will face the same problem as u?

Just imagine, if u happily own a new car and people keep pouring the negative comment, what will u feel?

Go and change a perfect no defect car and enjoy ur ride.. and, if there is still problem when u change car, then u know why..

留点口德. [;)]

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 3

Then y r u so sure that people will face the same problem as u?

Just imagine, if u happily own a new car and people keep pouring the negative comment, what will u feel?

Go and change a perfect no defect car and enjoy ur ride.. and, if there is still problem when u change car, then u know why..

留点口德. [;)]

I am not saying that others will face the same problems; just trying to state that the problems exist and do keep a watch esp they cannot be solved yet. If the tone through this forum sounds negative, I apologize.

Change a car? not rich...

• Praise 2

I am not saying that others will face the same problems; just trying to state that the problems exist and do keep a watch esp they cannot be solved yet. If the tone through this forum sounds negative, I apologize.

Change a car? not rich...

If your intention is good, and to inform your encountered issues, I think you are contributing to the forum. Awareness is part of what forum is about.
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

I enjoy this thread, its positive and negative feedback. Before I booked my XT, I read both good and bad and inclined to read more on bad as SEs would tell you all the good. I think knowing also the bad would help to make wiser decision and look out for it in case it happened. Learning the good would help to improve the ride and make it more enjoyable. Hope to read all good and bad with an open mind but most importantly don't make uncalled for remarks. Cheers!

Hope to learn more in this thread, as QQ and XT have many similarities.

• Praise 2

If your intention is good, and to inform your encountered issues, I think you are contributing to the forum. Awareness is part of what forum is about.

Yes, this one I agree.

To tell, to inform, but not to curse..

• Praise 1

I believe interactions in any forum discussion should be carried out by both parties, contributor and reader, in a balanced way.

I don't think QashqiGrey meant any ill-intention with his post on the problems with his QQ. He might just be frustrated with the issues which was still unsolved by TC.

When I mentioned balanced discussion, the reader also plays a part. If one reads with an open mind, with the additional benefit given to new owners regarding the info shared, then that post might not be as 'offensive' as it sounded. If one read it with the mindset of "don't want to hear any criticisms on the car I paid so much for to the dealer and government", then even constructive comments will be skewed towards hostility.

The phrasing by the contributor might not be perfect, fueled by his/her disappointment with TC. But those issues which he brought up were his own real life experience and also faced by some other QQ owners. A new owner who doesn't prowl the forums frequently might not be aware that such issues exists with his/her new awesome car. So that info might help when in the case he suddenly experience power/braking issues, he will immediately recall the sharing here, instead of scratching his head and cursing the car at the junction.

Just my thoughts...don't get angry everyone. It's a Monday, I take it that I have 5 awesome days to drive my car before the weekends (which will be even more outrageously awesome)!

Edited by razor54
  • Praise 7

I believe interactions in any forum discussion should be carried out by both parties, contributor and reader, in a balanced way.

I don't think QashqiGrey meant any ill-intention with his post on the problems with his QQ. He might just be frustrated with the issues which was still unsolved by TC.

When I mentioned balanced discussion, the reader also plays a part. If one reads with an open mind, with the additional benefit given to new owners regarding the info shared, then that post might not be as 'offensive' as it sounded. If one read it with the mindset of "don't want to hear any criticisms on the car I paid so much for to the dealer and government", then even constructive comments will be skewed towards hostility.

The phrasing by the contributor might not be perfect, fueled by his/her disappointment with TC. But those issues which he brought up were his own real life experience and also faced by some other QQ owners. A new owner who doesn't prowl the forums frequently might not be aware that such issues exists with his/her new awesome car. So that info might help when in the case he suddenly experience power/braking issues, he will immediately recall the sharing here, instead of scratching his head and cursing the car at the junction.

Just my thoughts...don't get angry everyone. It's a Monday, I take it that I have 5 awesome days to drive my car before the weekends (which will be even more outrageously awesome)!

Yup, I had my share of issues with qashqai. But I shared here too that Tc was quick to attend to my issues once they realized the seriousness of the issues. The GM attended to me and coordinated the Japanese engineer to investigate.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2