Nissan Qashqai 2014

Thaiyotakamli

I enjoy this thread, its positive and negative feedback. Before I booked my XT, I read both good and bad and inclined to read more on bad as SEs would tell you all the good. I think knowing also the bad would help to make wiser decision and look out for it in case it happened. Learning the good would help to improve the ride and make it more enjoyable. Hope to read all good and bad with an open mind but most importantly don't make uncalled for remarks. Cheers!

Hope to learn more in this thread, as QQ and XT have many similarities.

Agreed, must listen to both good and bad. So if some Bros here suddenly got some faults or issues, they know that these had been shared here and can confidently tell Tc that they are not alone with these issues.

I had my issues only MONTHS into ownership. When faults appeared one by one, I dealt with them one by one. Tc also diam diam when you can confidently say that such issues happened to other owners too, not you alone.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yup, I had my share of issues with qashqai. But I shared here too that Tc was quick to attend to my issues once they realized the seriousness of the issues. The GM attended to me and coordinated the Japanese engineer to investigate.

Ya...it's very frustrating to have issues with own cars, new or old. Especially when we have to pay so much just to own one.

Hope those owners still having unresolved issues with their rides get it sorted out by TC soon. Comfort can be compromised, safety can't.

Agreed, must listen to both good and bad. So if some Bros here suddenly got some faults or issues, they know that these had been shared here and can confidently tell Tc that they are not alone with these issues.

I had my issues only MONTHS into ownership. When faults appeared one by one, I dealt with them one by one. Tc also diam diam when you can confidently say that such issues happened to other owners too, not you alone.

When i stated the problems previously, there were actually few others who PMed me for advice and course of action, which were not discussed in this thread.

So negative experiences can actually be helpful too.

• Praise 1

Hi , so have Tc settled ur issues ?

Well, I am not sure.

I applied their latest patch.and it claimed to resolve. But need time to ascertain.

Well, I am not sure.

I applied their latest patch.and it claimed to resolve. But need time to ascertain.

Well, I am not sure.

Well, I am not sure.

j

After the latest patch , you still encounter brake loss or powerloss ? And when was the latest patch being updated ? So far ur ride ok ? Thanks for sharing

I think you guys should learn to discern better which are trolls and who are the ones really trying to give heads up about potential or common issues with the Nissan Qashqai, particularly the 1.2T model.

This is the only thread in this forum I think whereby the existing owners are overly defensive when people have something factual but negative to say about the car. Other model threads also have their issues, albeit lesser, but I don't recall such defensive behaviour. Every time I visit this thread, I see some kind of squabble between grown men.. lol.

Have a great week ahead everyone  [:)]

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Have driven the 2.0 Qashqai for 7 months thereabouts, and I'm happy and fortunate to have learnt a lot here (from both positive and negative yet meaningful reviews), as they built up my repository of knowledge to handle issues along the way.

• Praise 2

1 month ago, my brake seems to have failed while I was going down the slope into waterway point. The alert came out while I was going downslope and it was jam while entering the carpark. It was after a car wash and the brakes feel rougher than usual. Noticed this after every car wash. I always use a cloth to clean the brake calipers, not sure did i spoil anything. After shopping, i switched on my car and it never happened again. Gonna report this to TC at my next servicing.

post-20226-0-39752500-1461576950_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Kohanson

Have driven the 2.0 Qashqai for 7 months thereabouts, and I'm happy and fortunate to have learnt a lot here (from both positive and negative yet meaningful reviews), as they built up my repository of knowledge to handle issues along the way.

If your intention is good, and to inform your encountered issues, I think you are contributing to the forum. Awareness is part of what forum is about.

Hi Ldwan88,

Indeed but think the intention is clear .....

Cheers,

Richard

QashqiGrey, on 24 Apr 2016 - 7:51 PM, said:snapback.png

Minor problem. Wait till u experience power loss and braking issues.

Hypersonic

I enjoy this thread, its positive and negative feedback. Before I booked my XT, I read both good and bad and inclined to read more on bad as SEs would tell you all the good. I think knowing also the bad would help to make wiser decision and look out for it in case it happened. Learning the good would help to improve the ride and make it more enjoyable. Hope to read all good and bad with an open mind but most importantly don't make uncalled for remarks. Cheers!

Hope to learn more in this thread, as QQ and XT have many similarities.

Gald to read many ppl supportive of positive as well as negative feedback to make this thread continues to be a very constructive one. Never give uncalled for remarks. Cheers!
  • Praise 1

Hi, Can update on the gain after installing the RS chip.? thank you

Chua, 

If you are considering such piggyback, RS chip may not be the best choice if you want most effective torque and power increases as it lacks turbo boost unlike the Racechip Ultimate that does have turbo boost. The advantage of RS chip is OBD without telling wiring in engine bay and slightly cheaper.  

Piggyback or any performance mod works best on turbo and not NA engine because of the turbo boost being key contributor.

Cheers !

Edited by richard_crl032

Chua, 

If you are considering such piggyback, RS chip may not be the best choice if you want most effective torque and power increases as it lacks turbo boost unlike the Racechip Ultimate that does have turbo boost. The advantage of RS chip is OBD without telling wiring in engine bay and slightly cheaper.  

Piggyback or any performance mod works best on turbo and not NA engine.

Cheers !

Racechip voids the car warranty. RS chip doesn't. But I don't think RS chip works on the 1.2T.

Then again, any piggyback or ecu mod trying to squeeze more ponies out from the small turbocharged unit may prove not worthwhile since the gains (at the wheels) quoted by a custom tuner was very low. Single digit. Reason being the 1.2T is already highly tuned & efficient.

And such mod cost near $1K or slightly more. Very expensive that's why I skipped it.

Edited by Audi2016

Racechip voids the car warranty. RS chip doesn't. But I don't think RS chip works on the 1.2T.

Then again, any piggyback or ecu mod trying to squeeze more ponies out from the small turbocharged unit may prove not worthwhile since the gains (at the wheels) quoted by a custom tuner was very low. Single digit. Reason being the 1.2T is already highly tuned & efficient.

And such mod cost near $1K or slightly more. Very expensive that's why I skipped it.

Hi Audi2016,

ALL piggyback voids warranty .... RS Chip, Racechip Ultimate etc. if caught with evidence by TC.

RS Chip sure works on 1.2L turbo but just not as effectively as Racechip ultimate because on the mentioned lack of turbo boost .... I called RS Chip UK myself and spoke to them for 1/2 hr as I was waiting for this to be released since Oct 2015 until Feb 2016 when it was finally made available locally.

Think you should try the 1.2L turbo with Racechip Ultimate like I had done so on few occasions before making the statement that gain is very low .... I call it a beast unleashed !!!!

Cheers,

Hi Ldwan88,

Indeed but think the intention is clear .....

Cheers,

Richard

QashqiGrey, on 24 Apr 2016 - 7:51 PM, said:snapback.png

Some ppl cannot understand wat figure of speech is...

Some ppl cannot understand wat figure of speech is...

Please put yourself in the receiving end before making "figure of speech" and there is nothing to figure in your statement but clear wishing that more experience your "good" ones to support the wailing.

I meant what I say and say what I mean .... nothing to figure from me !!

Minor problem. Wait till u experience power loss and braking issues.

j

After the latest patch , you still encounter brake loss or powerloss ? And when was the latest patch being updated ? So far ur ride ok ? Thanks for sharing

No issues reoccurred yet. As I said, need time to monitor, my issues occurred only months into ownership. I applied the patch 3 weeks ago.
↡ Advertisement