Singapore Water Rationing Exercise

Carnoob

Water Rationing Exercise  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a good time to do a water rationing exercise? It is already mid-Mar and start no rain

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't be Kiasi

Supercharged

It is mid-Mar and still no sight of rain... Should we do a water rationing exercise (also match the theme of Total Defence)?

If not, how do we know that the protocol / procedures are still relevant to today's context?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

It is mid-Mar and still no sight of rain... Should we do a water rationing exercise (also match the theme of Total Defence)?

If not, how do we know that the protocol / procedures are still relevant to today's context?

each will be given this for daily shower ...

bf82206436.jpg

Turbocharged

Town council already started sending out mailers to resident.

Saying not washing the estate. Something like that.

But they didnt mention deduct any conservative charge.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

ya, but while they are not cleaning with water, they are also not clearing the fallen leaves... Anywy dat's OT... Is it enough? I mean what if really one day we do need to do water rationing, do all the residents or anyone knows where will be the water point? How many pails of water will be enough for each household?

We have been very complacent recently (Checkpoint breach, Little India riot etc)... isn't it time to test our readiness?

I think they should, I can still remember when we still had campaigns on saving water. Just because we have upgraded our tech with desalination plants and newater to reduce our dependence on imports, doesn't mean we don't need to save water anymore.

But another part of me is wondering, with the percentage of "non-Singaporeans" on this island, got any use bo?

• Praise 1

I recently went to KL for conference with management and stayed at One World Hotel PJ.

They carried out water ration exercise without informing its guests. Turn out when I tried to take a shower, was completely surprised there was not a drop of water i could use.

• Praise 1

each will be given this for daily shower ...

bf82206436.jpg

Wah lau.....Hello Kitty???

Got Doraemon or not? :D

• Praise 1

Of course cannot do water rationing lah....if we don't use water....where got waste water to produce newwater? the reservoir will be dry up by now if no newwater injected into it......it become a chicken and egg thing now.....

Edited by LoverofCar
  • Praise 1

Of course cannot do water rationing lah....if we don't use water....where got waste water to produce newwater? the reservoir will be dry up by now if no newwater injected into it......it become a chicken and egg thing now.....

ok....so now the question is which come 1st....newater or used water (from many sources)?

1970s there were yrs when the rain didnt drop for nearly half the yr! Even the sand became like desert sand. Mcritchie reservoir had less than half full......but that time we only had roughly 2 million population. Now with 5 million the level will go down very faster!

Supersonic

Time for NEWater to show their power! Lets sh!t more to generate more water!!!

ahemmmm.....wat on earth did u eat for lunch? so much water in ur poo...... [sweatdrop]

Supercharged

Then the more we must do water rationing exercise, what will be the protocol / procedures to activate water rationing? With newater and desalination in place, what will be the contingency when one fails? We need to simulate the situation, looking at Checkpoint they were complacent and thought that a 2006 cat claw is able to stop ALL CARS. Nobody knew what to do when the car WITH PUNCTURED TYRES can travel further than Woodlands...

Again, MIW is very short sighted... Yes we can be proud of the foresight to build desalination and newater, but hindsight whereby technology fails us? Don't be complacent and stop thinking with the "backside".

• Praise 3

ahemmmm.....wat on earth did u eat for lunch? so much water in ur poo...... [sweatdrop]

I just eat 2 pills of Dulcolax and hoolaaaa

I must contribute more to the NEWater!

• Praise 1

Time for NEWater to show their power! Lets sh!t more to generate more water!!!

I thought NEWater is only sold to Manufacturing sector ? CMIIW...

Save water... shower together!

Provided ur neighbor chio

I thought NEWater is only sold to Manufacturing sector ? CMIIW...

But when dry spell come it will be our drinking water

↡ Advertisement