How do you stop yourself "over servicing"?

Darryn

Turbocharged

Any agency experience out there?

Just finished draft for client - and once again find myself overservicing.

How do you guard against it?

↡ Advertisement

I always overservice myself [grin]

• Praise 3

Chronic masturbation? You have to stop jacking off to the contract as exciting as it looks. Maybe some distraction like jogging and swimming will be useful.

• Praise 2

If the one I serve a [gorgeous] , I will go extra mile to service her ... [:)]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Chronic masturbation? You have to stop jacking off to the contract as exciting as it looks. Maybe some distraction like jogging and swimming will be useful.

[shocked]:D :D :D :D

TS, the UPside to it, recommendations passed on thru works of mouth served as a testimony of yr excellent service [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Qpik

depends on what services....if a ktv girl pampered me, it's natural coz giving tips one...if with the same amount of tips, the ktv girl also provides sucking, piaking ... then i also won't consider it as over servicing...just my good luck....if the ktv girl say every nite also wanna service me without any tips, then i worry... thats over servicing....coz i dun wanna keep ktv girl as little three (aka xiao san)

• Praise 1

In a sense, businesses where you sell a finished product are always easier. You're only on the hook for the warranty period, and even then, there are (or should be) clearly stated exclusions. Anything you do over and above that (even if it seems objectively reasonable) can be ascribed to "goodwill" to make the customer feel a little "special".

The service industry - including website design - is not so clearcut. You're doing a job to some pre-agreed parameters, which may be necessarily vague. But after the job is "finished" before deadline, what if the customer wants something tweaked? Where do you draw the line between "finished by parameters" and "finished by customer expectations"? You can be a hard-ass, but then you'll just get a bad rep and your future business will suffer.

I think you have to accede to simpler requests, but you have to draw the line when a customer monopolises your time to the extent that service to other customers suffers. At this point, a polite and tactful, but firm 'no' will have to suffice.

This website gives good answers: http://spinsucks.com/communication/four-ways-to-break-the-overservice-habit/

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

[laugh] [laugh] That was what I thought too. With the double inverted commas, I thought there was hidden meaning :D

Turbocharged

Harooo!!

Some of you have grubby minds...

Is a project to that ultimately ends in printing of a magazine - with a very tight deadline,

My part almost donded!

Harooo!!

Some of you have grubby minds...

Is a project to that ultimately ends in printing of a magazine - with a very tight deadline,

My part almost donded!

you can always add that in your bill -_-