Singtel vs M1 vs Starhub vs my republic

Soho

Hi everyone,

My house Mio Bundle is up for recontract. Have been using Mio bundle since Mio first started 4 or 6 years ago. Whole family are long time customers of Singtel. Current Mio Bundle is $100+ per month with 4 phone 30% discount. all 4 phone havent recontract since contract was up 1 or 2 years ago because of the 12 Gb data plan. My Mio TV is permanently offed as we dun watch TV.

Looking at what Singtel is offering now, if i recontract any of the phone, they will be offering me 25% discount only and all the phone plan contracts are more expensive.

I am looking at the Singtel S$79 300mb Mio Bundle Plan.

I was thinking of changing my whole family's phone to M1 since my father have this 300MB M1 fiber plan for his hse. And M1 is offering 30% discount for all moblie plan under this fiber.

As for my house internet, I am thinking of either getting M1 fiber or My republic fibre.

However, I was told that a survey done by IDA revealed that for 100Mb, Singtel offer real 95Mb but M1 only 70Mb.

Can anyone advice me on service( i.e coverage and speed) of the fibre plans and mobile of each company?

Thank you!

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Seriously, I don't think you know the difference BTW 90mbps or 70mbps speeds with surfing or watching movies...if you a gamer, go with republic... Just get what you like and the service you enjoy... Was on st for more than 10yrs but I ported all my line to sh last 1-2yrs, fibre with m1.... I don't have dealing with St anymore except the land line which my wife insisted to keep...

Seriously, I don't think you know the difference BTW 90mbps or 70mbps speeds with surfing or watching movies...if you a gamer, go with republic... Just get what you like and the service you enjoy... Was on st for more than 10yrs but I ported all my line to sh last 1-2yrs, fibre with m1.... I don't have dealing with St anymore except the land line which my wife insisted to keep...

so true.

so far on m1. no problem.

all about the same.

Turbocharged

The all in 1 hubbing approach pioneered by starhub has more or less been copied by its competitors or compensated for via other discounts.

I'd go with myrepublic. Their speeds are very close to their advertised speed unlike the traditional telco.

For your mobile plan, do you or your wife have corporate discounts via your companies?

As for cable TV, it boils down to your preferred content.

That way you won't get tied down to any telco.

My house have 3 different computer streaming and downloading movie everyday so i am thinking of getting something with higher Mbps...

Any bro have experience with Myrepublic??? currently they have this 1Gbps for $49.90 deal... looks good?

Turbocharged

My house have 3 different computer streaming and downloading movie everyday so i am thinking of getting something with higher Mbps...

Any bro have experience with Myrepublic??? currently they have this 1Gbps for $49.90 deal... looks good?

Sounds yummy indeed.... You try and let us know good or not lor...... hehehe...

However, I was told that a survey done by IDA revealed that for 100Mb, Singtel offer real 95Mb but M1 only 70Mb.

Can anyone advice me on service( i.e coverage and speed) of the fibre plans and mobile of each company?

Thank you!

See for yourself.

http://www.ida.gov.sg/applications/rbs/chart.html

By the way, M1's 200MB plan is only 39.90 while singtel has it for 49.90.

To me, no one actually needs 1 Gbps. They charge you 10 dollars per month more than M1's 200 Mbps plan which is more than enough for anyone.

It is like a small eater going to a buffet. Sure, in theory you can eat more but can you actually finish all the food?

I have at least 6 users at home on the 100 Mbps M1 plan (ancient one) and it is running well.

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Fully agree, I went for the cheapest deal in town also.... hehehe

Result from my HTC one, on 200mb m1 fiber, with tplink archer c7 wifi router...

post-3324-0-01129400-1394883224_thumb.png

Edited by Blackyv

that graph is outdated...

visit here

www.fibernet.sg

Still expensive.

Also, when comparing Myrepublic and M1, don't forget that M1 gives 3 months free from the 24 months contract.

Effectively making it 35 per month instead of 40. Also, don't forget the additional discounts if you are already on their hp plans too.

Edited by Kusje

Still expensive.

Also, when comparing Myrepublic and M1, don't forget that M1 gives 3 months free from the 24 months contract.

Effectively making it 35 per month instead of 40. Also, don't forget the additional discounts if you are already on their hp plans too.

not interested.

VQ doesnt throttle or use transparent proxies.

free static ip too.

• Praise 1

not interested.

VQ doesnt throttle or use transparent proxies.

free static ip too.

What does it mean for the average user like me?

I don't even know what that transparent proxies and free static ip does.

Throttling (speed?) would definitely suck but I've been on this plan for more than a year and I don't see it happening for M1.

Throttling (speed?) would definitely suck but I've been on this plan for more than a year and I don't see it happening for M1.

Of course you won't see it. All of the big 3 uses throttling(be it down/up/torrent fairly obvious), just that users don't feel it.

• Praise 1

i wont go back to the big 3 now that im on VQ.

the difference is there...

Turbocharged

i wont go back to the big 3 now that im on VQ.

the difference is there...

Ummm... Maybe I should try out after my m1 plan expire....

I think Singtel's technical support have been great for me 24/7.. any experience with myrepublic technical support?

↡ Advertisement