Remember PQP Was 12 Months Average?

Yeobt

Supercharged

am i right that it was later changed to 3 months average due to the extremely low successful bidding price during the mid to late 2000s?

so is 3 months average an advantage for car owner or 12 months average better with lower premium to pay for extending COE?

Why is it that the LTA is not reverting the changes after the COE price went back up to the peak like now?

↡ Advertisement

I really don't remember when it was changed from 12 months to 3 months, but I think it would have been no later that 2000/2001.

That's because the August 2001 batch managed to take advantage of the $101 Cat A COE in May/June 2001, and the 3-month average became just $18,444, which explains the number of old Corollas and Sunnys which lasted another 10 years until August 2011.

Now that COE prices are always high, I don't think it makes a significant difference whether the average is 3 or 12 months. It will only make a significant difference during freak events, such as the Feb/March 2009 instance of $2 COE, when its impact on a 3-month average will become much more pronounced.

Turbocharged

am i right that it was later changed to 3 months average due to the extremely low successful bidding price during the mid to late 2000s?

so is 3 months average an advantage for car owner or 12 months average better with lower premium to pay for extending COE?

Why is it that the LTA is not reverting the changes after the COE price went back up to the peak like now?

LTA is interested in making PQP remain high.

When COE prices start dropping, they may extend PQP to 12-month average so that the past 12 months of high prices will be 'captured' in the computation of 12-month-average to keep the PQP high for as long as they could, no? [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

cat A PQP for march 2014 is about 74K

that's why sgp not an expensive place to live in [grin] .... leaders said one, not I said.

To plug this loophole for people to renew 10-yr old COE cars, the LTA should introduce a 1.5x factor to PQPs.

Otherwise there will be many old cars on the roads, breakdowns etc.

More importantly, the 1.5 x PQP will weed out marginal owners who are still clinging on to their cars, which were previously bought with COEs on the cheap ($10-15K)!

This will then spur more to re-consider switching to public transport.

This will also lead to more car de-regs and freeing up more COEs to be re-circulated ... giving others a 'chance' to get their COEs.

Fair right?

• Dislike 1

Turbocharged

To plug this loophole for people to renew 10-yr old COE cars, the LTA should introduce a 1.5x factor to PQPs.

More importantly, the 1.5 x PQP will weed out marginal owners who are still clinging on to their cars, which were previously bought with COEs on the cheap ($10-15K)!

This will also lead to more car de-regs and freeing up more COEs to be re-circulated ... giving others a 'chance' to get their COEs.

Fair right?

Tolong, Tolong, don't push drivers to give up their cars and take public transport until the trains / buses are up to it, else it could only get worse by overcrowding!!!

Fair right?

You working for LTA?

so far I see more new cars break down because most owner don't know how to maintain their cars.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

drive a car jialat, dont own a car also jialat... [shakehead]

We either drive or don't drive, either way its jialat!! [sweatdrop][bigcry]

Fair right?

You have a problem with ppl who drive COE car?

Your last statement should direct to those who own 2 cars, they are the ones who should give others a 'chance' to get their COE.

• Praise 1

that's why sgp not an expensive place to live in [grin] .... leaders said one, not I said.

When u earn multi-million dollar salary...........Then SG is not an expensive palce to live.

For average Joe like myself, I think its a damm expensive place to live.

Fair right?

There r many old COE cars which r in better condition than many newer cars on the road.

In UK older cars have special catergory like "No road Tax" etc as ty r "classic cars". Some >10 years r under "Classic" n hv special benefits.

And they dun have COE to pay even. Many other countries have a much more kind system for their cars n ty also face huge car populations n congestion.... but ty dun whack everybody with heavy financial penalties.

Th have systems in place to control jams like congestion charge to only areas which r jammed.

Other smooth n free flowing roads have no penalties... Which sud b the way.

Here even if u buy a COE car just to drive on free flowing roads n dun cause jams u r taxed n penalised heavily. Seems not a very fair n just system.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

When u earn multi-million dollar salary...........Then SG is not an expensive palce to live.

For average Joe like myself, I think its a damm expensive place to live.

Two worlds exist on this island [sweatdrop]

so far I see more new cars break down because most owner don't know how to maintain their cars.

Spend so much to buy the car that the owners (marginal type) have no money left for maintenance.

Spend so much to buy the car that the owners (marginal type) have no money left for maintenance.

Similar to those who leverage and borrow to the hilt to buy multiple properties (b4 the last CM).

These live in constant worry and many cut back on things like family holidays and even what they eat!

Turbocharged

Like people who use multiple credit cards to roll over just to maintain their stretched life style? [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement