466 members have voted

1. 1. Which Petrol Brand You Like?

• Caltex
    • EssoMobil
    • Shell
    • SPC
    • Petronas
    • BHP

For AAS member at caltex, what's the difference between using just POSB everyday card vs AAS card+Posb Everyday?

Edited by Extinguisher
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

SPC + POSB Everyday quite straightforward.

15% discount with the SPC&U card, 6% rebate when you pay with POSB Everyday card.

also always keep the everyday $ when asked at the counter.

Have to redeem yourself online.

think mine is hitting close to 300. 

This card very power. More more less less add up pretty fast. As good as "Free" money.

also always keep the everyday $ when asked at the counter.

Have to redeem yourself online.

Edited by Kangadrool

Supercharged

My usual is esso98. Just pumped 1 tank spc98 cos greedy to use the recent $2 spc e voucher. Result is turbo engine feels weak. Suspect whether spc got add water or not. Lucky i can go back to esso in a few days time. ...

• Praise 1

it maybe the ecu adaption bro. 

am driving a s60 t5 drive e.  

am on long term spc levo 95 due to the good discounts.  fc and power is good, around 12 - 13km/L, but when i switch to esso 98 for 1 tank, i dont feel any increase in power , and yet fc suffers by 0.5 - 1 km/L.

likewise, was on long term esso 98 when i just got the car (power is good and fc is normal) , and suddenly when i switch to spc 98, the power and fc is degrades suddenly.   but after a few tanks of spc, it goes back to normal.  

my point is, the ECU (at least for mine) needs to relearn and adapt to the new petrol forumla that you suddenly change, hence it may take 2 -3 tanks for it adapt fully so your normal fc and power comes back. 

My usual is esso98. Just pumped 1 tank spc98 cos greedy to use the recent $2 spc e voucher. Result is turbo engine feels weak. Suspect whether spc got add water or not. Lucky i can go back to esso in a few days time. ...

• Praise 2

I using the Shell vouchers. $6 for every $60. I usually pump about $80. So plus station and card dismounts, savings quite good. [;)]

15% discount with the SPC&U card, 6% rebate when you pay with POSB Everyday card.

Ya man, somemore no minimum spending to get the 6% rebate. I used the rebate to redeem coupons.  

Edited by Divers

Turbocharged

Wear ur SAF, SCDF or SPF uniforms to the SPC stations to get 20% off petrol...seems like a good deal

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Wear ur SAF, SCDF or SPF uniforms to the SPC stations to get 20% off petrol...seems like a good deal

Alternatively, show your safra card at cowtax to get the same 20% off. .5 days only though.

http://www.safra.sg/indulge/promotions/automotive/caltex#.V3caqpD0qK0

Wear the Grey Colour Admin T Shirt with a ARMY wording behind counted anot har?

haha

Mine khaki color.. Dunno the FT know or now lol..

Neutral Newbie

SPC for me. With my POSB Everyday card.

• Praise 1

Don't you guys find it very confusing with their pricing? Frankly I don't know what discount I am receiving and each time they ask me to redeem or keep, I say keep. When I say redeem, the attendant will tell me the discount is different.

Given a choice, I would rather see a direct rate being displayed. Some authority ever require hawkers to display their price, can't they do that to petrol stations? It is already not competitive, why are they still so protected?

Would appreciate those in the know list down the various discount so that we have better knowledge. eg

Shell/XX card = 15%

Esso/XX card = ?%

I use SPC / POSB everyday card and most times I heard 15% plus some cash going into the card.

Yup, it's very confusing. In US, gasoline prices are displayed openly & updated daily. Anyone who drives by will know how much fuel price is today. 

In SG,  since the prices are already available on the website, why can't they display it out openly at the gas station?

Yup, it's very confusing. In US, gasoline prices are displayed openly & updated daily. Anyone who drives by will know how much fuel price is today.

In SG, since the prices are already available on the website, why can't they display it out openly at the gas station?

Cause they know sinkies llst and pay only without making noise

Our first class gasoline at its best

In SG, since the prices are already available on the website, why can't they display it out openly at the gas station?

They like to suka suka change price, yet probably worry someone might not have gotten the memo to update the display, especially during price increase.

Minimise chances of appearing on top, lhwb

Our consumer association, if we do have one, is not functioning lor

I prefer shell, and i tot most will go for shell too.

Unfortunately that is not the case of the poll.

So why is EssoMobil better than the rest?

2. Caltex (75 votes [18.16%])

3. EssoMobil (129 votes [31.23%])

4. bullet_star_rated.png Shell (80 votes [19.37%])

5. SPC (105 votes [25.42%])

6. Petronas (19 votes [4.60%])

7. BHP (5 votes [1.21%])

↡ Advertisement