466 members have voted

1. 1. Which Petrol Brand You Like?

• Caltex
    • EssoMobil
    • Shell
    • SPC
    • Petronas
    • BHP

used to love Caltex.. but stations too far away. don't like to burn petrol to pump petrol. between shell, esso spc.

I regularly pump esso 95. recently switched to spc95 for 2 tanks as I recently applied POSB Everyday card.

No change in response.. but.... FC drop by about 1km/L. I have been monitoring for about 3 tanks. Once I switch back to esso. my FC was restored.

anyone else share the same experience?

Me...

Both are fairly near to my place and for my ride, Caltex returns the best FC but due to their rewards programme, I chose ESSO as they only requires 700 points to redeem $30 of petrol.

My car has around 1 - 3km/l lower when I use Shell therefore only pump ESSO or caltex during emergencies.

Caltex Petrol is smooth..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

True. But if really $3/litre, I will consider a hybrid or diesel car as alternative. hahah.

Maybe should give the car up altogether... Getting really really siong to maintain... Wonder how those who recently got their cars feel... Throw at least 60 to 70K into the loan and have to fork out another 1k plus every month... [shakehead]

Seems like different drivers/cars have better response n FC on different brand of petrol.

So there's no conclusion to which brand of petrol (assuming same grade) is the best n economical. [dizzy]

Internal Moderator

Maybe should give the car up altogether... Getting really really siong to maintain... Wonder how those who recently got their cars feel... Throw at least 60 to 70K into the loan and have to fork out another 1k plus every month... [shakehead]

Some people wanna be "face-rich", pocket no money never mind. As long as their friend admire them with what they have.

I actually know a guy that actually think that the current COE prices is good move. He say now he buy an elantra, in the future if the COE drop, he trade in the car, he can get mercedes benz. [crazy]

I don't understand his theory at all. Maybe he don't see car depreciation as i do. But I would rather invest in learning new things and also watches. At least no COE, can pass down to my next generation.

Some people wanna be "face-rich", pocket no money never mind. As long as their friend admire them with what they have.

I actually know a guy that actually think that the current COE prices is good move. He say now he buy an elantra, in the future if the COE drop, he trade in the car, he can get mercedes benz. [crazy]

I don't understand his theory at all. Maybe he don't see car depreciation as i do. But I would rather invest in learning new things and also watches. At least no COE, can pass down to my next generation.

Huh? What kind of a theory is that? If COE drops who the hell still want to buy a 2nd hand car? All would be rushing to the new cars lor... [hur]

He thinks his Elantra is those limited edition type? [laugh]

Indeed good to put money where it's going to appreciate... Got money also cannot throw like that...

Seems like different drivers/cars have better response n FC on different brand of petrol.

So there's no conclusion to which brand of petrol (assuming same grade) is the best n economical. [dizzy]

Hi Mate, I totally agree with you. :)

used to love Caltex.. but stations too far away. don't like to burn petrol to pump petrol. between shell, esso spc.

I regularly pump esso 95. recently switched to spc95 for 2 tanks as I recently applied POSB Everyday card.

No change in response.. but.... FC drop by about 1km/L. I have been monitoring for about 3 tanks. Once I switch back to esso. my FC was restored.

anyone else share the same experience?

For me its either Shell or Caltex, however due to the number of Caltex station I can find I choose to use Shell with the loyalty card that gives points.

As for SPC, if I can give it a miss I will unless no choice kind and will also do a S$10 pump kind.

• Praise 1

Anyone find esso petrol makes the car rough?

Makes slightly more noise relative to Caltex for me. But I wouldn't call it rough.

• Praise 1

Makes slightly more noise relative to Caltex for me. But I wouldn't call it rough.

Caltex clearly is smoother and less noise....also gives me about 0.5 km/L better FC than esso or SPC. (petrol 95)

Actually for me being a calculative person, I like to pump petrol which gives me good rebates or discounts.. I think my car takes in a lot of diff types of 95 already..

Neutral Newbie

Hate Esso 5000. Engine check light keep turning on after pumping 5000 for a period of time, happened to both my mazda and Daihatsu.

My own car only pump Caltex. My dad last time is BP supporter. got alot of toys, after BP no more, then our family only support Caltex.

Near our place

Better fuel efficiency (IMHO)

Got Safra and UOB credit card combo discount.

Hey bro! Can I know how much discount you are getting when you pump caltex with safra and uob credit card? Thanks!

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Those complaining rough noise can consider adding TC-W3 2T oil upon filing up with the ratio 1ml to 1 liter of petrol. This provides lube to your upper cylinders.

U can Google Bobistheoilguy forum.

Don't add too much though.

Internal Moderator

Hey bro! Can I know how much discount you are getting when you pump caltex with safra and uob credit card? Thanks!

post-137774-0-85822000-1399599161.png

19% with UOB One card. The rebate i gotten one month is quite abit. I only use this card for all my expenses and bill payment also. hahah.

Internal Moderator

Oh, then how does the discount for safra card works?

Safra maximum is up to 14% discount. Usually is my dad use one. He don't have credit card one. so he will use the safra card for discount.

↡ Advertisement