1. 1. Which Petrol Brand You Like?

• Caltex
    • EssoMobil
    • Shell
    • SPC
    • Petronas
    • BHP

(edited)

Safra maximum is up to 14% discount. Usually is my dad use one. He don't have credit card one. so he will use the safra card for discount.

Y u nvr apply supp card for him :D

Edited by Johnnylim
↡ Advertisement

Safra maximum is up to 14% discount. Usually is my dad use one. He don't have credit card one. so he will use the safra card for discount.

juz to share: i'll show SAFRA card for the 14% discount and pay with Citi Dividend card which gives effectively 4.3% discount (provided the charged amount is >$50). Then, plus the Caltex reward points, the total discount is about 19.x% which is good enough for me.

(i mean, even if Shell or Esso or SPC has some credit card or reward system that gives 20-21% discount, i'll still go for Caltex which is smoother, quieter and gives consistency in the FC, in my experience)

Used to pump Esso. After the pump near my office close down and the one near my mom's place became Shell, I pump SPC cos near my place.

Furthermore, got great discount using UOB Singtel card now. Pump above $50 got $3 off. So I always pump $50 and pay only $39.50. That is 21% discount!!!

Turbocharged

The caltex petrol comes with this, now that they launch, did they remove the additive? I recently pumped caltex and it didnt feel the same as before.

• Praise 1

The caltex petrol comes with this, now that they launch, did they remove the additive? I recently pumped caltex and it didnt feel the same as before.

Ok, so I'm not the only one that finds Caltex losing the oomph nowadays.

Their car-wash at Alexandra is still one of the best however.

Caltex is now selling their Techron additive.

Anyone tried?????

attachicon.gifDSC_0001.JPG

Hey, I asked the pump attendant how I should use the concentrate. He told me that its more suitable for those cars that pump different grade of petrol often. So I guess it could be quite useful and beneficial, though I haven't give it a try.

Twincharged

This is just a "Deposit Cleaner",nothing to do with the power,maybe your car is due for servicing.?Check your Air filter..

Internal Moderator

Hey, I asked the pump attendant how I should use the concentrate. He told me that its more suitable for those cars that pump different grade of petrol often. So I guess it could be quite useful and beneficial, though I haven't give it a try.

Oh.... I have read some reviews at amazon about this techron additive, like a very good leh!

http://www.amazon.com/Chevron-65740-Techron-Concentrate-Cleaner/dp/B00092893E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400032936&sr=8-1&keywords=techron

Will try it out when my tank finish. . . .

Oh.... I have read some reviews at amazon about this techron additive, like a very good leh!

http://www.amazon.com/Chevron-65740-Techron-Concentrate-Cleaner/dp/B00092893E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400032936&sr=8-1&keywords=techron

Will try it out when my tank finish. . . .

I've read through the reviews and find them helpful too. Do let us know when you try it! Haha.

(edited)

I've read through the reviews and find them helpful too. Do let us know when you try it! Haha.

i have been on caltex for more than 5 year before i shift to new place now which i only have a chioce of Esso or SPC... of cos Esso anytime..

even so... my puny picanto have weak acceleration when using esso fuel... recently i happen stop by a caltex station, once i refuel it... my engine came back alive, engine work like wat i usually had when i pump caltex!

i may try this techron add on. i dun mind having a good cleaning addictive in my tank once in a while to clean out dirty carbon stuck somewhere there...

Edited by Devilcup

Neutral Newbie

I just changed from a Honda to BMW X-3. I've been pumping SPC for my Honda, cos of the 21% discount on UOB cards.

Now that I'm on X-3, friends have been telling me to pump Shell98 at the very least. Is it really necessary? I get only 10% discount with Shell card + UOB card.

Can I pump SPC 98 into the X-3? I don't really care about performance, but I care about whether it will weaken the insides of the car, because it means higher chance of things breaking down - more costs in the long run.

So far, I only see UOB in SPC giving the best discount at 21%. Is there any kind soul that is able to post the different discounts on all the available petrol brands? Hehe :D

4th Gear

Go with the best discount. RON98 means RON98, the only significant difference between brands are the additives.

Esso around 20% with citibank dividend

ANZ around 19% with ANZ star cash purchased with ANZ Travel Visa

Shell around 18% with citibank dividend

Something like that.

I just changed from a Honda to BMW X-3. I've been pumping SPC for my Honda, cos of the 21% discount on UOB cards.

Now that I'm on X-3, friends have been telling me to pump Shell98 at the very least. Is it really necessary? I get only 10% discount with Shell card + UOB card.

Can I pump SPC 98 into the X-3? I don't really care about performance, but I care about whether it will weaken the insides of the car, because it means higher chance of things breaking down - more costs in the long run.

So far, I only see UOB in SPC giving the best discount at 21%. Is there any kind soul that is able to post the different discounts on all the available petrol brands? Hehe :D

Internal Moderator

Caltex now got OCBC 365 card. I think the total discount is 18.5%

Go with the best discount. RON98 means RON98, the only significant difference between brands are the additives.

Esso around 20% with citibank dividend

ANZ around 19% with ANZ star cash purchased with ANZ Travel Visa

Shell around 18% with citibank dividend

Something like that.

Esso for personal use... though only use OCBC plus.

Shell for company use... FOC haha

In far north... esso change to petron already... So carry on to use them seem they are similar.

Esso / Petron supporter ^.^"

Turbocharged

Caltex now got OCBC 365 card. I think the total discount is 18.5%

UOB SPC now 21% straight up.

Only caveat is must pump $50 or $100 (gross).

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

UOB SPC now 21% straight up.

Only caveat is must pump $50 or $100 (gross).

Can lah. Empty the tank pump full tank should have more than 50 liao. . .

↡ Advertisement