1. 1. Which Petrol Brand You Like?

• Caltex
    • EssoMobil
    • Shell
    • SPC
    • Petronas
    • BHP

Turbocharged

Can lah. Empty the tank pump full tank should have more than 50 liao. . .

$100 gross cannot fill my tank.

But must use UOB Visa or Mastercard. Not UOB AMEX. Nett spend is $39.50 or $79.

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator

$100 gross cannot fill my tank.

But must use UOB Visa or Mastercard. Not UOB AMEX. Nett spend is $39.50 or $79.

Woah. Bro, your tank very deep sia... hahaha So everytime you must use 2 credit card?

Turbocharged

Woah. Bro, your tank very deep sia... hahaha So everytime you must use 2 credit card?

Not deep mah. $100 gross is about $79 (nett) worth of petrol actually.

I think my fuel tank is about 60L. I ever see $120 gross before when my tank was very near empty.

Most important is still the amount of discount we can get at the kiosk, isn't it? Heh heh.

I usually pump based on convenience as the different brands in my car have no difference in mileage. The way I drive is rather the most important factor in my mileage achieved.

Usually Shell or Esso for me as my house here have these two kiosks.

Internal Moderator

Guys! Ystd i went to pump Caltex and realize they have this HSBC weekend promo. Pump caltex and charge using HSBC card will instantly have 16% off!

Quite a good deal for me. Usually will use my UOB card but only 13% discount.

But i read the fine print, only valid when you pump during weekend. So try pump using HSBC this weekend!

HSBC-Platinum-Visa-Card.jpg

Guys! Ystd i went to pump Caltex and realize they have this HSBC weekend promo. Pump caltex and charge using HSBC card will instantly have 16% off!

Quite a good deal for me. Usually will use my UOB card but only 13% discount.

But i read the fine print, only valid when you pump during weekend. So try pump using HSBC this weekend!

HSBC-Platinum-Visa-Card.jpg

UOB only 13% meh?

www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards/privileges/fuel-power-programme.html

See properly. Minimum 16.82%. If use UOB One Card is 19.68%.

Now MCF got stealth advertising through Mods ah?

It looks like Esso is popular. Do we think it is because of the number of these as well as the strategic locations?

Wat did u do to kena BANNED after juz 4 posts and also within the same day of registering as a member?

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator

UOB only 13% meh?

www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards/privileges/fuel-power-programme.html

See properly. Minimum 16.82%. If use UOB One Card is 19.68%.

Now MCF got stealth advertising through Mods ah?

Really??? I always tot it's 13% off cuz the cashier will always tell me when i pass them my safra card too.

Damn. Will go back to UOB card now.

Hhahaha. No stealth advert. only sharing info with all members in MCF! [thumbsup]

Just discovered today that UOB cards at SPC is now additional $3 off for $60 spent (previously was $3 off for $50 spent). So to maximise discount, either pump $60 or $120 (if your tank's that big).

From the website, seems like the other discounts is supposed to be 15%, but somehow I got 17% just now...

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards/privileges/fuel-power-programme.html#tab2

Just discovered today that UOB cards at SPC is now additional $3 off for $60 spent (previously was $3 off for $50 spent). So to maximise discount, either pump $60 or $120 (if your tank's that big).

From the website, seems like the other discounts is supposed to be 15%, but somehow I got 17% just now...

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards/privileges/fuel-power-programme.html#tab2

Yeah the SPC staff preempted me yesterday. Looks like I'll switch back to POSB everyday card as my tank is around $100.

Turbocharged

Yeah the SPC staff preempted me yesterday. Looks like I'll switch back to POSB everyday card as my tank is around $100.

U can pump $60 what...

Also, if u can meet uob one's rebate criteria, the additional 3.33% on top of the 20% (earlier it was 21%) is still quite decent.

• Praise 1

Oh.... I have read some reviews at amazon about this techron additive, like a very good leh!

http://www.amazon.com/Chevron-65740-Techron-Concentrate-Cleaner/dp/B00092893E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400032936&sr=8-1&keywords=techron

Will try it out when my tank finish. . . .

Anyone tried?

I topped up with the techron additive first time last week. I don't find any improvement to the fuel consumption. Instead, I observed a smoother pick up and quieter ride. Shall see if there is any different for the 2nd tank of fuel.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Have been using caltex so didn't buy the techron.

But the last addictive i tried is from maz nitro. Pretty decent stuff. And for that amount of money, it is quite value for money.

Anyone tried?

I topped up with the techron additive first time last week. I don't find any improvement to the fuel consumption. Instead, I observed a smoother pick up and quieter ride. Shall see if there is any different for the 2nd tank of fuel.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1