Wooden pole canvas bed

Jtb

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Did you manage to find any in Singapore?  My dad would also like a bed like that too and I do not know where to find it in Sg.

Hope to hear from you,,, Thanks!

Hypersonic

Use to like to sleep in those canvas bed when I was a boy.  

Then during army, there are those that can be dismantle the built back easily one. Mostly use in field camp. Those can buy online.

Hypersonic

Use to like to sleep in those canvas bed when I was a boy.  

Then during army, there are those that can be dismantle the built back easily one. Mostly use in field camp. Those can buy online.

safari beds rock when used outfield haha 

Hypersonic

safari beds rock when used outfield haha

Oh, yayaya. I forgotten it was called safari bed. The feel is almost the same as the foldable canvas bed. Maybe TS and OP can try this OPTION.
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Oh, yayaya. I forgotten it was called safari bed. The feel is almost the same as the foldable canvas bed. Maybe TS and OP can try this OPTION.

The advantage of safari bed is that it's anchored by a horizontal aluminium beam at both the top and bottom of the bed. Makes it more stable and also more comfortable. 

Anyway these canvas materials will stretch one. So over time it will sag. This is even with the infrequent use only for outfield. I've had mine for almost 8 years and only used maybe 5 times?

• Praise 1

The advantage of safari bed is that it's anchored by a horizontal aluminium beam at both the top and bottom of the bed. Makes it more stable and also more comfortable. 

Anyway these canvas materials will stretch one. So over time it will sag. This is even with the infrequent use only for outfield. I've had mine for almost 8 years and only used maybe 5 times?

you reminded me of my ~3 wk stay in Khao mIng camp in Kanchanaburi during Ex Crescendo about 30 yr ago.

Slept on Safari bed on the grass, in tents built with our ground sheets. On a rainy night, slept halfway everybody woke up cos the canvas sagging down, touched the grass that was mildly flooded [sweatdrop]

Ok, OT liao.

This type canvas bed i haven't seen for about 40 yr liao... Brings back memory.

This kind of bed used by those Sikh jagas in old days was very cooling but u need to get used to sleeping on ropes.

post-48108-0-18998300-1561966441_thumb.png

• Praise 7

Supersonic

Hi,

Did you manage to find any in Singapore?  My dad would also like a bed like that too and I do not know where to find it in Sg.

Hope to hear from you,,, Thanks!

decathalon?

Supercharged

This kind of bed used by those Sikh jagas in old days was very cooling but u need to get used to sleeping on ropes.

Called a charpoy. There's a company in Port Dickson that makes them. Probably only one in SEA.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Called a charpoy. There's a company in Port Dickson that makes them. Probably only one in SEA.

I saw a FB video about someone weaving this type of bed, but i don't think it's made from rope but other material. Think in phillipines or some other SEA country.

• Praise 1

Nice ... looked like my army hammock   :D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

outfield sleep inside ambulance or BCS [sly][lipsrsealed]

Stretcher is better than ground. But safari bed is one level up. Lol
  • Praise 1

Stretcher is better than ground. But safari bed is one level up. Lol

normally cover medic always sleep on stretcher but if ambulance there...he sure hop in...ha ha

last time so fun army days

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Made of hessian stringing or gunny ropes, Edited by BanCoe
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1