Hi all, 

advice needed. i'm driving a Vios which is going to end oct 2017 (fully paid). With this current COE trend now, do you guys think that i should continue to drive till the end or i should sell away now and get the money to buy a new car? much appreciate your advices.

↡ Advertisement

Hi all, 

advice needed. i'm driving a Vios which is going to end oct 2017 (fully paid). With this current COE trend now, do you guys think that i should continue to drive till the end or i should sell away now and get the money to buy a new car? much appreciate your advices.

Hi Dyzifer,

It depends on how good your current car condition are. If you are already spending quite a fair bit of money fixing parts that are failing, chances are you will be spending a lot more money in the next 10 years after you extend your car’s COE.

Please visit http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=3245 to understand more about renewing your car COE.

Thank you.

Was good, these days they can only quote if you provide NRIC.

really good

i think is good

Hi i used Quotz to sell 2 cars the sale of the first car went well. highest bid is 41k and settled with 39k in the end. Still above the quotes we have gotten

The next car highest bid is 27100 but bidder gave lots of reasons to cut it to 25500 i told him all the reasons were already stated in the bidding site. They should not offer such a price if they cant accept those condition (headlight blur, side mirror prob) so i told them i need to consider. He told me they didnt see and they have to pay quotz too fir bidding. Two days later i return a call to say im fine with the price, i was told that they can only offer 25000 because they just bought 4 cars. I turned him down.

I feedback to quotz and they trief to find another buyer for me but it doesnt work. The buyer questioned why my car wasnt sold. It must be in such a condition that they bidder rejected it.

In the end i sold it at 27k with another dealer which my husband found

I cant get a refund of course because one can never find an offer higher than the last bid price

But the price in which the car is settled is definitely higher than the one offered by the highest bidder

My advise is to to be prepared that your money will be spent on nothing and the two wasted trips i made to quotz and the dealer is definitely a waste of time

Edited by Saesao
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hi i used Quotz to sell 2 cars the sale of the first car went well. highest bid is 41k and settled with 39k in the end. Still above the quotes we have gotten

The next car highest bid is 27100 but bidder gave lots of reasons to cut it to 25500 i told him all the reasons were already stated in the bidding site. They should not offer such a price if they cant accept those condition (headlight blur, side mirror prob) so i told them i need to consider. He told me they didnt see and they have to pay quotz too fir bidding. Two days later i return a call to say im fine with the price, i was told that they can only offer 25000 because they just bought 4 cars. I turned him down.

I feedback to quotz and they trief to find another buyer for me but it doesnt work. The buyer questioned why my car wasnt sold. It must be in such a condition that they bidder rejected it.

I cant get a refund of course because one can never find an offer higher than the last bid price

But the price in which the car is settled is definitely higher than the one offered by the highest bidder

My advise is to to be prepared that your money will be spent on nothing and the two wasted trips i made to quotz and the dealer is definitely a waste of time

Hi Saesao,

On behalf of sgCarMart Quotz, please accept our deepest apologies for the unpleasant experience you had with us. This situation is certainly unusual and we are really sorry for the inconvenience that may have caused. Can you please pm us your carplate number, and allow us some time to carry out the necessary investigation and understand the situation. 

Dealer bid for vehicle based on the car condition declared in the website, if condition of the car is as per stated they should not bargain further. For cases like this, this dealer should be penalized and banned for future bidding in our platform to prevent cases like this from happening in the future.

Thank you.

Banned the dealer?

I hope so. Such dealer should be penalised for causing inconvenience to sellers.

Hi. will we be charge any admin or other misc fee for selling the car on quotz?

Hi, 

To post the vehicle on our bidding platform it would cost you $38 which is refundable if we fail to fetch you the highest price in dealer's market. For further enquiries, please feel free to contact us at 67447571. 

Thank you. 

Hi, 

To post the vehicle on our bidding platform it would cost you $38 which is refundable if we fail to fetch you the highest price in dealer's market. For further enquiries, please feel free to contact us at 67447571. 

Thank you. 

Hi,

Does it mean $38 will be refunded on top of another $100?

Hi, 

Thank you. 

I paid $107 but never sell cos price quoted was too low  [rolleyes]

I had used Quote recently to sell my previous ride. Never transacted eventually but I have had good experience nevertheless.

Make an appointment and went down to Ubi office to pay the fees and have pictures taken of my ride. Have to admit the staff are quite professional and definitely more thorough than many used car dealers I came across in assessing the ride, even small scratch also will be noted down haha.

Eventually when the bidding ended, the highest price offered was lower than my baseline by 12.5k, even lower than the higher end of the free quote service by 7.5k. Told the lady in follow up call of my baseline, and eventually the highest bidder matched the baseline price but we decided not to go ahead due to some dispute with the used car dealer.

Overall I would rate the service as worth a try as the cost is low for the potential gain in thousands. I walked around the Ubi Megamart after done the photo taking, and the highest bid received was even lower than the successful bid. With the current climate of used car dealers offering close to scrap value for older rides, no harm try try lah, especially for many who do trade-in for new cars at ridiculous trade-in price. You can definitely get higher than scrap value going this route.

I have similar experience, dealer will knock another 2k off his bidded price citing all sorts of reasons, I encountered the same thing when I sold my Ford. Even if quotz banned tgat dealer, they can always come back in another entity name. Quotz should collect the money and release to seller for good faith.

I have similar experience, dealer will knock another 2k off his bidded price citing all sorts of reasons, I encountered the same thing when I sold my Ford. Even if quotz banned tgat dealer, they can always come back in another entity name. Quotz should collect the money and release to seller for good faith.

I kena before once, the dealer is along jalan bukit merah, knock off another 1k because they said my rear boot wall got little damage. LLST

Similar experience.

By then most owners would have been too exhausted from the whole ordeal of selling their cars to argue and just suck it up.

The dealer cut off a few hundreds from the final bid price....I had my consolation when I could not find my 2nd spare remote on the day of handing over.... take it or leave it. :D

I kena before once, the dealer is along jalan bukit merah, knock off another 1k because they said my rear boot wall got little damage. LLST

Similar experience.

By then most owners would have been too exhausted from the whole ordeal of selling their cars to argue and just suck it up.

The dealer cut off a few hundreds from the final bid price....I had my consolation when I could not find my 2nd spare remote on the day of handing over.... take it or leave it. :D

Dealers from quotz?
Quotz

I do not find your buying price attractive. A carens bought at 104k in 2016 is worth 60k plus.

I can say that as long as dealers are involved, regardless of which media platform, we customers still get a low ball price

Dealers from quotz?

Quotz

I do not find your buying price attractive. A carens bought at 104k in 2016 is worth 60k plus.

I can say that as long as dealers are involved, regardless of which media platform, we customers still get a low ball price

Bear in mind Quote does not do magic to give you out-of-this-world quotes, but merely what the market is transacting now, maybe just a little bit better. Nowadays the trend is to cut off 50% of purchase price after 3 years, from my experience your example is normal even if you go to other dealers. Unless this platform give you much lousier price than what outside dealers are offering, I will not fault it lah.

I take it as just another platform to sell my car. Even if you want to sell direct to buyers, not many would want as most would want to deal with dealers for peace of mind as there is absolutely no avenue for redress if you buy from private sellers and something goes wrong, such irony. Come to think about it, buying used cars is really tricky and need a lot of luck. Glad I have been lucky so far haha.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2