Clock is ticking for Lavender's 'food heaven'

Carnoob

It closed yesterday by 2pm, maybe never opened for breakfast/lunch? Have you taken lunch there before? Really want to try it!! [grin]

Sorry bro i was there till 12 am when the KTV closes.....paiseh...never say clearly....

earliest i was there was about 7.15pm with wife for dinner............shhhhhhhh dun tell anyone......

↡ Advertisement

Its sad to see small businesses like food stalls selling good food at affordable prices are forced to close down by high rentals (which benefit only big boys eg landlords / REITS)

One solution: govt build more hawker centres which come with a cap on rentals / food prices for the men in the streets.

This is like in the past JTC owned lots of factories and rented them out at reasonable rents. Now JTC lets private landlords / REITS take over these factories and the result:- rentals rocket skyhigh and hurting manufacturing sectors who need these factories. End of the day, some factories may simply relocate outside Singapore.

last night just drove past 112 Katong. The 2 corner kopitiams now replaced by swanky and cool looking restaurants/cafes. Further up opposite Roxy, one of the kopitiam that used to have Katong laksa also a restaurant now.

I think my grandson will have to read from textbooks what a "koiptiam" is in future.

Turbocharged

Sorry bro i was there till 12 am when the KTV closes.....paiseh...never say clearly....

earliest i was there was about 7.15pm with wife for dinner............shhhhhhhh dun tell anyone......

you having affairs with you wife, cant let others know ahh? [laugh]

Monday I will go there ask next door people what's the opening hours of the wanton mee... the more we talk, the more I die die must try it [thumbsup]

Turbocharged

last night just drove past 112 Katong. The 2 corner kopitiams now replaced by swanky and cool looking restaurants/cafes. Further up opposite Roxy, one of the kopitiam that used to have Katong laksa also a restaurant now.

I think my grandson will have to read from textbooks what a "koiptiam" is in future.

Govt likes to conserve old shop houses in selected areas but reused as posh F&B / retails etc, I think they should also put more efforts in preserving more kopitiams and old-school hawker centres, else next generations will only know food court food which is 'factory/productionline-made' food, cant beat those hand-made food in these old places.

• Praise 1

you having affairs with you wife, cant let others know ahh? [laugh]

Monday I will go there ask next door people what's the opening hours of the wanton mee... the more we talk, the more I die die must try it [thumbsup]

shhhh..........meet up always there, dun pichar lobang.......

Govt likes to conserve old shop houses in selected areas but reused as posh F&B / retails etc, I think they should also put more efforts in preserving more kopitiams and old-school hawker centres, else next generations will only know food court food which is 'factory/productionline-made' food, cant beat those hand-made food in these old places.

basically there only the wantoon mee at roxy square and nasi lemak still ok....

when my kid was having class in I12 i usually walk down to a coffeeshop somewhere near the Still road Esso eat

carrot cake..also best lol...

• Praise 1

Supercharged

previously there's another similar food centre at Macpherson, I think is called Jackson food place...nice and cheap food there but also tore down to make way for housing... -_-

Yes, Jackson is a good place too! Ample parking lots and operate till late night.....

I miss that place!

I usually go to the 天外天鱼头炉 nearby...

Yes, that's another good one! [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

when my kid was having class in I12 i usually walk down to a coffeeshop somewhere near the Still road Esso eat

carrot cake..also best lol...

I used to eat the roast duck plus duck legs wrapped with intestines at a coffeeshop near still road esso before the the current big esso was built. [thumbsup]

Turbocharged

Yes, Jackson is a good place too! Ample parking lots and operate till late night.....

I miss that place!

Yes, that's another good one! [thumbsup]

you are also eating all over Singapore!! [grin][thumbsup]

I used to eat the roast duck plus duck legs wrapped with intestines at a coffeeshop near still road esso before the the current big esso was built. [thumbsup]

wow.....looks great....still have it there????

wanna try it~~~~~~

Turbocharged

wow.....looks great....still have it there????

wanna try it~~~~~~

I will check the place again, it's like a dying trade selling these roasted wrapped duck legs!!

• Praise 1

I will check the place again, it's like a dying trade selling these roasted wrapped duck legs!!

Yah.......me and wife like this kind of kinky food.......those duck necks blah blah too many and not really that nice..

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yah.......me and wife like this kind of kinky food.......those duck necks blah blah too many and not really that nice..

The old men at the two kopitiams before esso mobil (junction of eastcoast rd and still rd) told me today they don't see the wrapped-duck-feet anymore.... I must hunt this food down across sgp liao... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

but the duck drumstick mee was [thumbsup][thumbsup] when I had lunch there

• Praise 2

Just to update, Lavender food court last day of operation is 30 Sep. Those who want to make final visit bf it closes can still come. Went to get carrot cake & chicken wings, already see some stalls close shop.

• Praise 2

Update the new locations of some Lavender Food Square stalls :)

http://www.ghettosingapore.com/lavender-food-square-serve-notice/

New Locations of Lavender Food Square Stalls:

Ah Long Pancake: Lavender Food Hub, Hoa Nam Building.

Bugis Street Char Kway Teow: Broadway Coffee Shop, 100 Tyrwhitt Road.

Carrot Cake: Sing Sin Huat Kopitiam, 52 Foch Road.

Chicken Rice: Lavender Food Hub, Hoa Nam Building.

Chong Pang Huat BBQ Chicken Wings: Lavender Food Hub, Hoa Nam Building.

Eminent Frog Porridge: Lavender Food Hub, Hoa Nam Building.

Guan Lee Sen Seafood: Tian Xiang Can Shi Coffeeshop, Blk 803 King Georges Avenue.

Kin Turtle Soup: Sin Huat Coffee Shop, Geylang Lorong 35.

Kok Kee Wanton Noodle: Lavender Food Hub, Hoa Nam Building.

Macpherson Barbeque Seafood: Balestier Market, 414 Balestier Road.

Miow Sin Popiah: Balestier Market, 414 Balestier Road.

Poly Western: Tian Xiang Can Shi Coffeeshop, Blk 803 King Georges Avenue.

Somboon Thai Food: Coffeeshop at Bedok.

Teochew Fish Soup: Lavender Food Hub, Hoa Nam Building.

• Praise 13

Update the new locations of some Lavender Food Square stalls :)

http://www.ghettosingapore.com/lavender-food-square-serve-notice/

New Locations of Lavender Food Square Stalls:

Ah Long Pancake: Lavender Food Hub, Hoa Nam Building.

Bugis Street Char Kway Teow: Broadway Coffee Shop, 100 Tyrwhitt Road.

Carrot Cake: Sing Sin Huat Kopitiam, 52 Foch Road.

Chicken Rice: Lavender Food Hub, Hoa Nam Building.

Chong Pang Huat BBQ Chicken Wings: Lavender Food Hub, Hoa Nam Building.

Eminent Frog Porridge: Lavender Food Hub, Hoa Nam Building.

Guan Lee Sen Seafood: Tian Xiang Can Shi Coffeeshop, Blk 803 King Georges Avenue.

Kin Turtle Soup: Sin Huat Coffee Shop, Geylang Lorong 35.

Kok Kee Wanton Noodle: Lavender Food Hub, Hoa Nam Building.

Macpherson Barbeque Seafood: Balestier Market, 414 Balestier Road.

Miow Sin Popiah: Balestier Market, 414 Balestier Road.

Poly Western: Tian Xiang Can Shi Coffeeshop, Blk 803 King Georges Avenue.

Somboon Thai Food: Coffeeshop at Bedok.

Teochew Fish Soup: Lavender Food Hub, Hoa Nam Building.

Thanks for sharing! :D

• Praise 3

Maybe Somboon still undecided or confirmed which coffeeshop in Bedok.

Will update here when I find out. :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7