Starhub Fiber connectivity issue

Icedbs

guys...any slowness from your Starhub fiber/broadband today?

I ping google.com got timed out. I ping mycarforum.com also time out. Hardwarezone.com however is ok.

Very slow accessing google and mycarforum.

The slowness was with wired or wireless? I'm with Singtel and did not have such problem with either..

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

The slowness was with wired or wireless? I'm with Singtel and did not have such problem with either..

wireless.

Singtel is ok.....

guys...any slowness from your Starhub fiber/broadband today?

I ping google.com got timed out. I ping mycarforum.com also time out. Hardwarezone.com however is ok.

Very slow accessing google and mycarforum.

Noticed no slowdown from here (NW side). google avg 6ms, MCF timed out (although it loads webpage just fine and quick.)

Yeah. I did experience the same issues but funny thing is when I'm downloading files it's as fast as ever, the issue is when browsing the websites. It takes very long to load or connection reset. I can still play diablo though.

Sounds very much like a DNS server issue instead of bandwidth issue. You can try to change your DNS server to some free open DNS instead of using Starhub's DNS.

Yeah. I did experience the same issues but funny thing is when I'm downloading files it's as fast as ever, the issue is when browsing the websites. It takes very long to load or connection reset. I can still play diablo though.

I was thinking it cannot be my new router that I recently bought coz I threw their sh!t box out the window. Ok lah, I mean the huawei router they had provided is very basic and not up to my expectations. LoL...

Seems to have improved today. Since I'm on direct ONT it could be issue with opennet. I didn't bother to call SH hotline. Just leave it to them to sort it out.

Someone must have misconfigured the packetshaper.

Or someone is already testing using port 80 to masquerade BitTorrent traffic as http traffic to deal with the plan to ban pirated torrent sites.

I use 2M in Malaysia or 10M in china is much faster than 100M of starhub fibre....

load webpage or video to watch, so slow, crawl & can't see most of the time.....same website or video have but no problem in china & malaysia....

all the bullshyt speed in spore internet ISP.....

i'm on Singtel Fibre 200 mbps. wife is overseas and last night, skype and Line calls were hopeless - not sure if it's the fibre, or the other country's problem.

for skype, called till line auto-cut-off, but the other party didn't even hear a single ring tone.

for line, speak maybe 10-20 sec sure cut off, need to dial again...

I'm using starhub 1GBPS fibre plan at home. When surfing websites using my hp (connect via wifi), I noticed that the loading speed isn't as fast as when i use my mobile data 4g. The page will hang a few sec before loading. HP network speed check showed download speed is just under 200++mbps. Laptop connect direct to router via lan cable showed download speed is 400++mbps

Appreciate if anyone can offer help on any setting that can be tweaked to improve the speed.

Thanks

Edited by Sotong1977

There should be a watchdog monitoring all these promises by the respective service provider. If found not fulfilling their contract obligations, fine them and the money goes to this watchdog. 

Hopefully we are not taken for a ride  [;)]

I'm using starhub 1GBPS fibre plan at home. When surfing websites using my hp (connect via wifi), I noticed that the loading speed isn't as fast as when i use my mobile data 4g. The page will hang a few sec before loading. HP network speed check showed download speed is just under 200++mbps. Laptop connect direct to router via lan cable showed download speed is 400++mbps

Appreciate if anyone can offer help on any setting that can be tweaked to improve the speed.

Thanks

most likely kena block or interference of the wifi signal, i have the same problem whenever i surf inside toilet, have to switch to 4G   [laugh]  [laugh]

Thanks

LAN speed at router should be 900+. Check LAN speed at MODEM.

What's download speed of other devices?

Sometimes it is HP issue

most likely kena block or interference of the wifi signal, i have the same problem whenever i surf inside toilet, have to switch to 4G [laugh][laugh]

Damn...... :XD: :xd: :XD: !!!!!!!!!!!!

most likely kena block or interference of the wifi signal, i have the same problem whenever i surf inside toilet, have to switch to 4G [laugh][laugh]

Nope. Im sitted next to the router. I have a wifi booster TP Link AC2600 Wi-Fi Range ExtenderRE650 plugged in at the living room to cover such wifi blind spots. Edited by Sotong1977

LAN speed at router should be 900+. Check LAN speed at MODEM.

What's download speed of other devices?

Sometimes it is HP issue

Wow u able to achieve 900+ with your router? Starhub fibre too? I'm realistic about real world performance so quite satisfied if router can give up to 700+

I did speed test with laptop connected to wifi and gotten about same download and upload speed as hp. Issue most likely with router. Im using Linksys MAX-STREAMTM AC1900 Router that was given by starhub.

Googled and tried online suggestions to boost wifi signal such as changing channels also no use. Kinda waste of $ paying for 1gbps but getting cable broadband kind of speed

Edited by Sotong1977

Wow u able to achieve 900+ with your router? Starhub fibre too?

I did speed test with laptop connected to wifi and gotten about same download and upload speed as hp. Issue most likely with router. Im using Linksys MAX-STREAMTM AC1900 Router that was given by starhub.

Googled and tried online suggestions to boost wifi signal such as changing channels also no use. Kinda waste of $ paying for 1gbps but getting cable broadband kind of speed

Using LAN to router, I hit 900+.

Both iPhone & iPad, I hit 150+.

Apple TV hit 500+

I changed from 300mbs to 1 gbps & save $10/mth.

On top of that, I got a new router.

I use the same router & reception in bedroom improves.

most likely kena block or interference of the wifi signal, i have the same problem whenever i surf inside toilet, have to switch to 4G   [laugh]  [laugh]

why need to surf inside toilet ?  [:p]

btw, for those with wifi issues, check that there is no big mirror in between first before spending money on a new router.

↡ Advertisement