Bottle Tree Seafood Restaurant closing

CH_CO

(edited)

It is actually quite worrying for me if the authorities give out the lease just based on bid amount

They should evaluate the bid amount together with the value proposition of what the bidder wants to do with the place. That would ensure that the bidder brings the right kind of development and more importantly a sustainable one.

I hope the authorities has that 5m development plan in detail and decided those plans are right and viable. And not just because they are the highest bidder.

The place is not that big to build something massive as the lease period is temporary, hence I doubt those bidder actually come out with any good idea other than use it for F&B.

Edited by Jman888
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

The place is not that big to build something massive as the lease period is temporary, hence I doubt those bidder actually come out with any good idea other than use it for F&B.

Its ok. No love lost.

Maybe is build wonderpiak land [grin]

Got all kind of rides!!!

Got fast got slow, got in got out [grin]

Gonna be a one piak entertainment centre [grin]

In SG wun b long b4 kenna raided by anti-vice.

In Msia maybe can operate for years n years n years hor. [sly][nod]

This is the one and only reason why Sg is so expensive to live in.

Outlying areas are bidded so high, there is no cheap place left to go relax.

The only beneficiary is SLA, and eventually, only the rich will will be able to afford to patronise such places.

If the business model fails, the place shuts down.. everybody loses.

SG dun really have outlying areas, unless u mean those uninhabitated islands.

If Sporeans want cheap n quick place to relax...... then we go Msia or Bintan.

But now Maybe even Msia wil b out cos getting too expensive. [thumbsdown]

It is actually quite worrying for me if the authorities give out the lease just based on bid amount

They should evaluate the bid amount together with the value proposition of what the bidder wants to do with the place. That would ensure that the bidder brings the right kind of development and more importantly a sustainable one.

I hope the authorities has that 5m development plan in detail and decided those plans are right and viable. And not just because they are the highest bidder.

Thay wil say they wil consider ALL factors when awarding the tender.

But in reality we all know they only see who bid the highest lah. [rolleyes]

• Praise 2

It was never the job of the landlord to ensure tenant make "sustainable one". Landlord collect rental, tenant paid for it, whether business can survived or not, not landlord problem.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

better yet, call it Lan Fang county~!

then all those corny jokes will finally have a reference place in the real world~!!!

[rolleyes]

the name will be changed....how about calling the place 熊猫游乐场....还是...大妈游乐场

每天可以在那里跟着"小苹果' 旋律跳广场舞....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d73PN5RY50

• Praise 1

It was never the job of the landlord to ensure tenant make "sustainable one". Landlord collect rental, tenant paid for it, whether business can survived or not, not landlord problem.

Actually a landlord do have an interest to ensure their tenent succeds.

If they do well. The value of the property increases.

If the tenent fails cos of poor biz. Landlord sud find out why so next tenent dun also fail.

If many tenents fail one by one, then pple wil think there must b something wrong with the place n next time nobody wan to rent it.

Maybe got Hantu? [shocked]

Busted by their own kind? :ph34r:

Went there earlier this year to LLSS, the place was infested with PRCs who bring their whole families, but BYO food, fishing net and container. Nobody bothered.

hope the PRC company goes bust after 3 years

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Actually a landlord do have an interest to ensure their tenent succeds.

If they do well. The value of the property increases.

If the tenent fails cos of poor biz. Landlord sud find out why so next tenent dun also fail.

If many tenents fail one by one, then pple wil think there must b something wrong with the place n next time nobody wan to rent it.

Maybe got Hantu? [shocked]

but got land in sinkapore that doesn't appreciate one meh?

Even have, increase the demand and shorten the supply lor! [sly]

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Pump in $5 million but can start operation end of this year or beginning of next? Plus $169k lease/month, must not only break even within 3-year lease (or plus 3 more) but turn a profit? Must be a very interesting business model indeed.

I'll believe it when I see it.

i really doubt it will survive.........

i really doubt it will survive.........

brought the kids there last friday

more people than usual because it was a semi school holiday

the kids had a ball of a time

took many pictures

if the kids miss it one day, at least got pictures to remind them that they were there

once upon a time

ORTO LEISURE PARK OPENS IN SEMBAWANG
ORTO, a new 51,500-square metre multi-facility leisure park is now open in Sembawang.
This place has free public access round the clock and replaces the location formerly known as Bottle Tree Park.
The new stroller- and wheelchair-friendly park boasts facilities for prawning, fishing, paintball and futsal.
It also features a cluster of F&B outlets which offers dining by the lake and open-air event spaces for parties and functions for over 600 patrons to enjoy the kampong vibe.
Food options include Thai barbeque (Mookata), Chinese seafood (Long Jiang Chinos), Singapore and Malaysian favourites (SGMY) and a bar-cum-bistro (Quench!).
A rustic wooden Lakehouse stands in the centre of the park and overlooks the Lotus Pond, while the Floating Stage offers an alfresco event space encircled by water.
The Lakefront Promenade’s open-air, flat surface accommodates tentage, bouncy castles and wet event games.
ORTO soft-launched on 20 December 2014 with the opening of its prawning and fishing facilities, and F&B outlets SGMY and Quench!.
The entire facility will be fully operational in end April 2015.
ORTO is located at 81 Lorong Chencharu; an eight-minute walk from Khatib MRT station and parking there is free of charge.
Yishun-Bottletree-01_20140930-e141568628

• Praise 2

sounds good! looking forward to hearing reviews soon!

parking free?? i hope they have sufficient lots to cater to demand

not enough parking, if good also many sgreans will go one leh.. you see jurong shopping malls, orchard blah blah.. the queue for parking is crazy..

↡ Advertisement