Free COE for Baby Born Next Year

Vinceng

Turbocharged

Now that I caught your attention.....Give a FREE COE for every baby born, and I will waste no time to work OT tonight, and produce 2 babies next year [bounce2]

Gift for Singaporean babies born next year to celebrate Golden Jubilee

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/coming-soon-gift-singaporean-babies-born-next-year-celebrate-golden-ju

Every Singaporean child born next year will receive a special Jubilee Baby Gift to mark the 50th anniversary of the country's independence.

The gift will be "a uniquely-Singaporean keepsake filled with practical yet symbolic items for our Golden Jubilee babies", said Minister in the Prime Minister's Office Grace Fu, who oversees population issues, on Tuesday.

Its exact contents will be up to Singaporeans to suggest. People with ideas are asked to send them to the National Population and Talent Division over the next seven weeks, until May 15.

A five-member panel led by Families for Life council member Anita Fam will advise on the suitability of the suggestions. A list of the top ideas will be drawn up for people to vote and those with the most votes will be included in the gift set.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Supersonic
(edited)

Sarppork. I will then we able to afford a Toyota Wish that I have been wishing for.

I have 2 kids now. 5 & 7. [:p]

EDIT :

Baal, on 02 Apr 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:snapback.png

This morning, radio mentioned that new borns in 2015 would have a gift to commemorate Sin's 50th anniversary. Amongst other things, it would included the flag.

Noting that TCB also mentioned that if he was them, he would call for GE 2015 on the same reasons. + 150th mentioned coe would soften from 2015 ( give some time to progressively taper down + "goodies" from Budget 2015 ), I suspect next GE could be in the vicinity of National Day 2015....

Edited by Baal

Turbocharged

lets hope the gift is a meaningful one and not make those didn't get it feel worst off.

all child is important to us.

• Praise 2

This post shouldnt appear under car forum instead it should be under singapore motherhood forum. Haha make baby for the sake of a piece of coe. Surely uniquely singapore.

Supercharged

make me happy over nothing.

if this is true, i seriously will give it a good thinker..

i was sharing with my colleague lately about the pro and cons of having a kid..

Haha...I like this idea. But I don't think it is enough to entice me to go for 3rd one. Two is enough.

Supersonic
(edited)

lets hope the gift is a meaningful one and not make those didn't get it feel worst off.

all child is important to us.

Yes, such divisive policies were cited by TKL.

Of course. my analogy was partly in jest. [:)]

If its on a serious, I just hope that in view of GE, it softens.

As for free, 99.999% can forget it.

Haha...I like this idea. But I don't think it is enough to entice me to go for 3rd one. Two is enough.

Yes, its a lifelong commitment. Oc & myself are having our hands full.

EDIT : I deliberately wanted to keep their age close so that they can relate/support each other. Below 10, they can be playmates. Above 10, they can be good friends rendering each other support.

If we had a 3rd child, it could be like 1, 6 & 8. :mellow:

Edited by Baal

Turbocharged

3 COEs will be more like it given that the kid will be a 30 years problem. I am just working out a fair rate of exchange.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

free COE? Sure

Then they will increase ERP, road tax and car tax the following month

Their SOP in squeezing us for money:- announce some kind of helps / packages first to make people feel good, then followed by a sharp chopper or big vacuum cleaner to suck us dry.

Tolong, Tolong, please don't like that 'help' us!!!

Turbocharged

Yes, such divisive policies were cited by TKL.

Of course. my analogy was partly in jest. [:)]

If its on a serious, I just hope that in view of GE, it softens.

As for free, 99.999% can forget it.

EDIT : I deliberately wanted to keep their age close so that they can relate/support each other. Below 10, they can be playmates. Above 10, they can be good friends rendering each other support.

If age gap is too big ---- difficult to recycle older one's clothing for the younger bro/sister.... :-(

Actually if really got free COE or car, it could work. Because its not really to entice those that already have kids, esp if the mother is already old.

More for those just got married, maybe also just got new flat, thinking of not having kids / wait few years later. For them, their concern may be if I got kids, very inconvenient, who to take care of kids, bring them around. With a car, they may well take the plunge

They give you free COE, but raise the petrol and milk powder price enough to kill you back again and again.....later ERP.......diapers..........

GST....school fees.............

then you got to sell your COE back to them inorder to make ends meet....ZZZzzzz

• Praise 1

make me happy over nothing.

if this is true, i seriously will give it a good thinker..

i was sharing with my colleague lately about the pro and cons of having a kid..

start with

- 2 years supply of milk powder and diaper

- 3 years of free medical check up for baby

2-3 yrs gap is ideal for good companionship, not anything beyond.

Turbocharged

Say already, the gift will be "a uniquely-Singaporean keepsake filled with practical yet symbolic items for our Golden Jubilee babies". So will have:

- packet of tissue paper to chope seat

- HDB ballot form

- PAP stickers, small flag, umbrella

- bottle of NEWater

- voucher to make first pair of spectacles

I LOVE SINGAPORE!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5