Free COE for Baby Born Next Year

Vinceng

start with

- 2 years supply of milk powder and diaper

- 3 years of free medical check up for baby

Wait ppl come tell u off that pushing responsibilities to gov is irresponsible.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

err.... i wasn't the one asking for free COE hor :blink:

• Praise 1

I vote for these:

1) $50 and above vouchers for parents to get whatever they need for newborn

2) 1 year of free membership to ZOO.

3) 50% off for any vaccination/checkup during first 2 yrs.

err.... i wasn't the one asking for free COE hor :blink:

hahaha...ok ok.

Supersonic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Kuan_Yew

Quotes[edit]
  • If it is not totalitarian to arrest a man and detain him, when you cannot charge him with any offence against any written law - if that is not what we have always cried out against in Fascist states - then what is it?… If we are to survive as a free democracy, then we must be prepared, in principle, to concede to our enemies - even those who do not subscribe to our views - as much constitutional rights as you concede yourself. Opposition leader Lee Kuan Yew, Legislative Assembly Debates, 21 September 1955

• If Singapore is a nanny state, then I am proud to have fostered one. Lee Kuan Yew, in a wry aside to critics who have accused him of governing Singapore like a nanny state, From Third World to First, The Singapore Story: 1965-2000, Lee Kuan Yew. 2000

• When I call a man openly, you're a liar, you're dishonest, and you do not dare to sue me, there's something basically wrong. And I will repeat it anywhere and you can't go and say, oh, I have apologised; let's move on. Can you commit a dishonourable -- maybe even one which is against the law -- an illegal act and say, let's move on because I've apologised? You may move on but you're going to move on out of politics in time. Lee Kuan Yew on James Gomez in 2006.

• But we either believe in democracy or we not. If we do, then, we must say categorically, without qualification, that no restraint from the any democratic processes, other than by the ordinary law of the land, should be allowed… If you believe in democracy, you must believe in it unconditionally. If you believe that men should be free, then, they should have the right of free association, of free speech, of free publication. Then, no law should permit those democratic processes to be set at nought. Lee Kuan Yew, 27 April 1955

(edited)

give u a free B&B car with 10yrs COE & 5yrs free service package ai mai?? :D:D

simi free coe ... no BMW no talk !!!

but on other hand, if give free COE, likely our gst & erp will increase...

Edited by Rezorn86
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Absurd. Definitely I wont let the government put a price tag on my kid. I will just strive work harder, 2,3 jobs if really there is a need/urge to own a car.

I am sure thosr that support this scheme wont mind their child to be asked "how much was your coe".

Sad and angry. There are many other incentive. Free medical, education etc.

Our children ain a commodity.

Edited by Kopites

Supercharged

The best gifts will be to keep cost at the lowest or salary increased by 30%...

Electricity Tariff increased - http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/higher-electricity-tariffs-three-months-tuesday-20140331

PTS fares increased - http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/public-transport-fares-increase

Friso Gold 3 Milk Power from 2009 - $34 to 2014 - $47

Diapers use cloth cheaper...

Taxi fare increased - http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/smrt-raising-fares-some-taxis-monday-20131212

I rest my case.

• Praise 4

Supercharged

The best gifts will be to keep cost at the lowest or salary increased by 30%...

Electricity Tariff increased - http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/higher-electricity-tariffs-three-months-tuesday-20140331

PTS fares increased - http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/public-transport-fares-increase

Friso Gold 3 Milk Power from 2009 - $34 to 2014 - $47

Diapers use cloth cheaper...

Taxi fare increased - http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/smrt-raising-fares-some-taxis-monday-20131212

I rest my case.

research indicates one kid requires one million dollar to upkeep till he completes university.

surely it is not too much to ask for a free hdb at S$500k in exchange? haha

• Praise 1

Supersonic

ok ok. But in line with the tread title & 50th anniversary, how bout $50 erh no, $50ishk coe ? [:p]

Thats what the 4 extra erp on aye is for. And more coming our way.

More than enough to cover the car coe they giving away.

free COE? Sure

Then they will increase ERP, road tax and car tax the following month

Turbocharged

You all suggest nonsense la.......already say it has to be a "keepsake" item. COE only last 10 years..how to keepsake?

I say each baby is given a Limited Edition gold Rolex with Merlion on the dial face and with its caseback engraved with the 50th anniversary logo and the baby's name.

The watch has to be on the Rolex jubilee bracelet to signify "jubliee" instead of the normal oyster bracelet.

Gold would worth a fortune by the time the baby grow up, and with the watch on his/her wrist, that would serve a reminder that he/her is a 50th anniversary baby and he/she better work hard to contribute to Singapore for the next 50 years.

Mine 7 & 11. Close shop liao. Thank you very much.

They can shaft the whatever coe up at the sun never shine place for all I care.....hahahaha.

Sarppork. I will then we able to afford a Toyota Wish that I have been wishing for.

I have 2 kids now. 5 & 7. [:p]

EDIT :

Baal, on 02 Apr 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:snapback.png

Supercharged
(edited)

research indicates one kid requires one million dollar to upkeep till he completes university.

surely it is not too much to ask for a free hdb at S$500k in exchange? haha

I rather not, get $500k, increased GST to 20% and then electricity tariffs increased, PTS increased again, SC&C increased, Property tax increased, Road Tax increased etc...

I rather learn to fish then to be fed the fish...

Edited by Carnoob

Hypersonic

I am going to make my gf pregnant now [sly]

If you make your GFs pregnant at the same time, you can get multiple cars [sly]

↡ Advertisement