Free COE for Baby Born Next Year

Vinceng

Turbocharged

Throw in another Free HDB 4-Rooms Flat and this thread will make it's way to HDB Forum as well as Mr.Khaw Facebook [laugh][laugh]

to be on his facebook, must always also talk about old folk homes in JB, then $8 surgery... full course dinner!! :D[:p]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

Using "chicken and egg" as analogy, do we want to "buy" more chicken to get eggs (this is called cheap labour)? Or we spend the money to improve how we rear the chicken so we can get more eggs (This is called productivity)?

So instead of emphasizing on rebates, gifts, incentives or subsidy why not improve on keeping cost at minimum or even increasing salary to match inflation?

My granddad and grandmom gives birth to many knowing that there are opportunities out there to get good job and good pay. My father and mother struggled knowing that we will have a bright future ahead. But are we getting that feeling now?

We are educated and promised with work opportunity, now then tell us that there is a job mismatch (http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2693519-govt-identifies-more-than-50-firms-with-too-few-sporean-pro/) because they rather buy chicken to give instant increase in egg production than to nurture the current chicken to give more eggs.

I agree they are changing but I dun get the feeling of good opportunity for the kids. Though I'm willing to slog like a dog and work like a horse but not able to sense a good job opportunity and good future for them. Thanks but no thanks, I'll pass.

Sorry but this is a bit OT.

MOE spends a big chunk of sgp's annual budget but produces graduates (poly, uni etc) with no jobs in the market for them to earn enough to live in high cost sgp. Thank you for indiscrimately allowing foreign workers to suppress wages and take away jobs by undercutting the locals. [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Edited by Super7

Turbocharged

FREE COE FOR EVERY CITIZEN CONVERSION!!!!!!!! Huat ah PAP!!!!!!

see how u all mati

tolong, tolong, please dont give them the idea [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

Say already, the gift will be "a uniquely-Singaporean keepsake filled with practical yet symbolic items for our Golden Jubilee babies". So will have:

- packet of tissue paper to chope seat

- HDB ballot form

- PAP stickers, small flag, umbrella

- bottle of NEWater

- voucher to make first pair of spectacles

I LOVE SINGAPORE!

LOL.. good one

wait, wait, you forget one more important thing: A Copy of CPF Statement so that whenever we look at it, we feel rich!!! :D[laugh]

Turbocharged

go IRAS let them suck you dry dry everyday before you go home to piak? i heard they good at sucking our money, sure also have no problem sucking the white stuff... [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

You sure they suck your white stuff dry? Stop dreaming.

You go IRAS they'll ass rape you until they are dry..

Now that I caught your attention.....Give a FREE COE for every baby born, and I will waste no time to work OT tonight, and produce 2 babies next year [bounce2]

Gift for Singaporean babies born next year to celebrate Golden Jubilee

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/coming-soon-gift-singaporean-babies-born-next-year-celebrate-golden-ju

Every Singaporean child born next year will receive a special Jubilee Baby Gift to mark the 50th anniversary of the country's independence.

The gift will be "a uniquely-Singaporean keepsake filled with practical yet symbolic items for our Golden Jubilee babies", said Minister in the Prime Minister's Office Grace Fu, who oversees population issues, on Tuesday.

Its exact contents will be up to Singaporeans to suggest. People with ideas are asked to send them to the National Population and Talent Division over the next seven weeks, until May 15.

A five-member panel led by Families for Life council member Anita Fam will advise on the suitability of the suggestions. A list of the top ideas will be drawn up for people to vote and those with the most votes will be included in the gift set.

every time MIW want to help the poor or give me free gift, i feel very scared..

Turbocharged

You sure they suck your white stuff dry? Stop dreaming.

You go IRAS they'll ass rape you until they are dry..

They are expert rapists, its their job [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Tis is not the type of Govt i like, as if want to get result for family to have more children, then give incentive, something is wrong here, even the uneducated people say its wrong strategy.

Supercharged

hoseh liao.. education costs going to rise super fast in the next 10-20yrs..

i wonder how many of them still so daft to go submit a proposal to them..

wake up wakeup!!

• Praise 1

(edited)

Tis is not the type of Govt i like, as if want to get result for family to have more children, then give incentive, something is wrong here, even the uneducated people say its wrong strategy.

Its the Singapore mentality, everything you want, must pay…The more you pay, the better the quality or result (Thats what they want us to believe)…There is no Passion in our society any more…Everything is done out of $$$...

The Ministers Leading this very Nation is sufficient Proof already … You Pay & You Pay, but what do you get? [laugh]

Edited by Chowyunfatt
  • Praise 1

Why make this year babies special only? Make every babies special by

- cutting down on foreign trash imports

- cutting down on working hours, especially unproductive long hours

- cutting down medical fees

- cuting down taxi fares, transportation costs

- cutting down levies

- cutting down child care and associated costs...........

You see, it's not always necessary to give MORE, add MORE to make people happy.......

Sometimes, you can just cut DOWN to make people more happy and less stressed out.

• Praise 2

Out of 6,500 entries, and these are all we have...

http://www.heybaby.sg/jubilee/

So everyone can forget about their free COE... hahaaa

These things are not essential. For mothers who opt for breast feeding for their babies they should be given electric pumps, milk storage coolers, carrier bag for the pump and cooler. Something more useful dan a growth wall chart. What good does the medallion/coin do? I already have two from Mt Alvernia and I dunno where I placed them.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement