Hooked on Gossip...

Darryn

Turbocharged

Interesting Article on Stomp.

While I think the idea of "helping the govt" to monitor is a bit extreme - I do think that stomp panders to poor journalism, small mindedness, gossip and innuendo and should be banned.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)
STOMP editor Azhar Kasman's response? "What STOMP's citizen journalists contribute are matters that are of concern and importance to them and their community."

Fark la. If the kind of things on STOMP are "matters of concern and importance", then we're screwed up big time.

People who post on STOMP are petty, childish and have extremely small-minds.

Edited by Benarsenal
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Which kinda fits the meme of how some believe the PAP treats citizens and wants them to behave...

Fark la. If the kind of things on STOMP are "matters of concern and importance", then we're screwed up big time.

People who post on STOMP are petty, childish and have extremely small-minds.

• Praise 4

Interesting Article on Stomp.

While I think the idea of "helping the govt" to monitor is a bit extreme - I do think that stomp panders to poor journalism, small mindedness, gossip and innuendo and should be banned.

Whats wrong with small mindedness, gossip and innuendo?

People who are petty, childish and have extremely small-minds love it.

And there are a lot of people here that are like that.

I don't wish to stereo type but a lot of people are like that.

:D

• Praise 5

I just got hooked on playing the guitar and Ukulele. I learned from www.themusicgarage.sg , the teachers there are friendly and great.

go away....

Well, there's a petition to shut down stomp that you can sign now

(I have to confess that I have my doubts if SPH will actually listen)

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/sph-stomp-com-sg-close-down-stomp-com-sg

STOMP shutdown thing actually came out on Al Jazeera:

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2014/04/al-jazeera-discusses-stomp-controversy-mda-mci-decline-invite/

stomp is a website that encourages social unrest and complaints amongst the citizens.....

i think it's a damm stupid site

Totally agree.

Unfortunately, I suspect the authorities all over the world would like this. We are entering into the era of self-policing community and curtailed civil liberties.

Edited by Toothiewabbit

stomp is a website that encourages social unrest and complaints amongst the citizens.....

Yes. But a lot of ppl stil visit the website. LoL...

Good for advertisers and huat for SPH.

Sometimes when ppl wish for media liberty, websites like stomp give ppl the chance but it also attracts the wrong group of ppl. How to filter out idiots and childish behaviour? That's the tough part.

Good for advertisers and huat for SPH.

That's the essence of it. $$$$

There's this quote I read somewhere that stuck with me.

Small minds discuss people.

Mediocre minds discuss events.

Great minds discuss ideas.

While I do fall into cat 1 sometimes, I try not to stay there too long..

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

That's the essence of it. $$$$

There's this quote I read somewhere that stuck with me.

Small minds discuss people.

Mediocre minds discuss events.

Great minds discuss ideas.

While I do fall into cat 1 sometimes, I try not to stay there too long..

My plan:-

Spend 10% of my time on cat 1, 25% each on cat 2, 3. 40% on cat "R".... you think ok?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Some say those who do wrong and kena stomped more or less deserve it. Those who do good and are stomped probably don't really care. Those who do neither good or bad are unlikely to be stomped.

Those who stomp the last group of people, eg because of frivolous things like poor sense of dressings / born having an ugly face, driving father's Ferraris, having a chio gf, etc, are the ones who give stomp a bad name.

The thing is stomp is near impossible to control.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Ah, such people help increase hits / posts counts in many forums unless there's a strict control or strong self-moderating.

• Praise 1

Some say those who do wrong and kena stomped more or less deserve it. Those who do good and are stomped probably don't really care. Those who do neither good or bad are unlikely to be stomped.

Those who stomp the last group of people, eg because of frivolous things like poor sense of dressings / born having an ugly face, driving father's Ferraris, having a chio gf, etc, are the ones who give stomp a bad name.

The thing is stomp is near impossible to control.

that is exactly the problem

• Praise 2

My plan:-

Spend 10% of my time on cat 1, 25% each on cat 2, 3. 40% on cat "R".... you think ok?

Noble plan, but what I forsee for you:

Cat 1 : 10% (mostly the Cat R gossip)

Cat 2+3: 0.1%

Cat R : 89.9%

:D :D :D You and @TVT

• Praise 1

Perhaps, and this is just a theory here, people here feel repressed, and Stomp is their avenue to let out. And because they feel that they cannot express their frustrations in normal avenues (because will be shot down), they go overboard on Stomp. A bit like punching bag in a sense.

I mean, if you are unhappy with things, by all means express it. But do it in a sensible, meaningful way, rather than just whacking mindlessly just because you a bit buay song about small little things here and there.

So maybe Govt also has to look at itself and see why Stomp has become the way it does. But maybe I guess secretly inside the people in the ivory towers are happy that people are directing their KPKB-ing on their 'dedicated platform' rather than attacking the real source.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Noble plan, but what I forsee for you:

Cat 1 : 10% (mostly the Cat R gossip)

Cat 2+3: 0.1%

Cat R : 89.9%

:D :D :D You and @TVT

Is your suggestion a Special Package for 50th jubilee anniversary in kind? Thank you, thank you.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Perhaps, and this is just a theory here, people here feel repressed, and Stomp is their avenue to let out. And because they feel that they cannot express their frustrations in normal avenues (because will be shot down), they go overboard on Stomp. A bit like punching bag in a sense.

I mean, if you are unhappy with things, by all means express it. But do it in a sensible, meaningful way, rather than just whacking mindlessly just because you a bit buay song about small little things here and there.

So maybe Govt also has to look at itself and see why Stomp has become the way it does. But maybe I guess secretly inside the people in the ivory towers are happy that people are directing their KPKB-ing on their 'dedicated platform' rather than attacking the real source.

Well said [thumbsup][thumbsup]

(wanted to give you 10 praises)

↡ Advertisement