Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

Actually alot of Merc and BMW owners driving for uber. So many driving as the uberexec. But now they only accept black cars right?

Also, those are E class and if I'm not wrong, need to be newer ones.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Many taxi drivers do not bother to clean their vehicles thoroughly as one would to own private vehicle let alone fumigate their vehicles even for their own sake. Being in a(n) dirty / unhygienic vehicle is akin to being in an unhealthy building aka 'sick' building.

Actually it depends on the taxi driver la. Just like some people don't clean their own cars also. Some taxi driver really treat the taxi as their own personal car and they take real good care of it. In a way its their personal car for those who intend to drive the taxi long term. They'll get it when new and probably drive it till scrap.

Many years back, I saw one taxi driver open his Toyota Corona bonnet and start polishing the engine block. :D

Actually it depends on the taxi driver la. Just like some people don't clean their own cars also. Some taxi driver really treat the taxi as their own personal car and they take real good care of it. In a way its their personal car for those who intend to drive the taxi long term. They'll get it when new and probably drive it till scrap.

• Praise 1

just curious.....can this code be use again and again?

I mean I use different credit cards and different mobile no to register the accounts?

Yes, this code is transferable. I use it to register various accounts for my children and it works. So long you register a new account/user each must have their own mobile number I suppose .. Now I no longer worry about having to rush to pick them.... they can 'call' Uber if I am stuck in the traffic jams....

and what I like about uber system is that the bill comes end of the month (since you have to register your credit card when you sign up the account) so I don't have to worry they do not have $$ to pay for the fare.

• Praise 2

Im a uber trainer, won top-rated driver award for 8 weeks from 14weeks of driving.

So u guys have any questions for uber can always ask me.

And anyone see uber driver "no up", if one is hardworking enough, we are able to make a gross profit of $2000 per week ($100k per year) after less cost (rental, petrol, ERP etc).

My best income per week is at $4800.

Fares collected is at $900 and uber top up the rest due to exclusive invitation events & other incentives.

9 weeks top rated from 15 weeks of driving.

The F1 week, the management is too busy to figure out who's the top-rated guy and I guess it's most probably me.

Uber in their email said they giving me additional $200 incentive for being consistent with my results.

Yesterday I got a gal uber & cancel me 4 times.

On 3rd time I start trip to teach her a lesson.

• Praise 2

9 weeks top rated from 15 weeks of driving.

The F1 week, the management is too busy to figure out who's the top-rated guy and I guess it's most probably me.

Uber in their email said they giving me additional $200 incentive for being consistent with my results.

Yesterday I got a gal uber & cancel me 4 times.

On 3rd time I start trip to teach her a lesson.

wah piang.. scare me.. i read it as "i started to strip to teach her a lesson"

can cancel so many times one ah? she testing out the app is it

Edited by Eighttales
  • Praise 1

if I start the app, set the destination and get an estimate cost but never call, that alone is not a confirmation right?

• Praise 1

https://motsingapore.wordpress.com/2015/10/02/sharing-economy-in-transition/

"Apparently, uberX signs on drivers to drive private hire cars to provide a booking type of transport service, and these drivers do not need a vocational licence unlike taxi drivers.

While taxi drivers welcome competition, they demand that the playing field be level. I think our taxi drivers have a point."

lai liao its gona get more difficult 2 b uber driver liao

• Praise 1

https://motsingapore.wordpress.com/2015/10/02/sharing-economy-in-transition/

"Apparently, uberX signs on drivers to drive private hire cars to provide a booking type of transport service, and these drivers do not need a vocational licence unlike taxi drivers.

While taxi drivers welcome competition, they demand that the playing field be level. I think our taxi drivers have a point."

lai liao its gona get more difficult 2 b uber driver liao

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Very soon.......Kow would propose :

1) All would-be-uber driver to get a taxi license

2) Must drive License (Example : Comfort) taxi for 12months before they can be a Uber/Grab taxi driver

• Praise 1

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/framework-needed-for-third-party-taxi-apps#xtor=CS1-10

"In a statement, an Uber spokesman said it was looking forward to continuing its ongoing dialogue with the Government. "Uber has helped thousands of Singaporeans... become thriving driver entrepreneurs using our platform," he said."

ya until the day uber incentives become too low lor, by then uber shareholders wldve flipped out n whos left to start all over? the uber drivers... uber drivers shld realize the instability of their income as no biz survives perpetually making a loss

Edited by Duckduck

Many years ago, "pirate" taxi driver is illegal and would be prosecuted.

Now, Uber has turned anyone into a "pirate" taxi driver and it appears to be ok.

What has changed ?

• Praise 2

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/framework-needed-for-third-party-taxi-apps#xtor=CS1-10

"In a statement, an Uber spokesman said it was looking forward to continuing its ongoing dialogue with the Government. "Uber has helped thousands of Singaporeans... become thriving driver entrepreneurs using our platform," he said."

ya until the day uber incentives become too low lor, by then uber shareholders wldve flipped out n whos left to start all over? the uber drivers... uber drivers shld realize the instability of their income as no biz survives perpetually making a loss

I heard currently they are taking 20% of every trip??

↡ Advertisement