Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

coz they give v high incentives. thats y fail to understand how theyll ever return to profit. only way is to remove alot of uber drivers later on when the customer pool gets really big

It is call grab market share. W/o market share, how to be profitable in the long run?

Mind you, business can only be profitable when got sales.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

What ninja van?

There's a courier company called Ninja van.

I talking about the food van that was at carparks.

No you can't bro. At least not for uber. There's some car sharing thing though.

They have already reduced the incentive by a lot. We called it the Decelerator scheme whereas they called it the Accelerator scheme.

With this scheme, a lot of Uber drivers have already given up driving for Uber already. No longer enticing.

Have u been to Taiwan for SAF training?

I think Bro Mustank is referring to Ninja Van selling food.

Ninjan van really know how to sneak their way up to the training area.

It is call grab market share. W/o market share, how to be profitable in the long run?

Mind you, business can only be profitable when got sales.

reminds me of a certain listco im familiar with. years ago their sales were hundred millions worth but razor thin net profits, then came 2008 crash n they almost dieded, but they had so such big bank loans that until today the banks arent willing to write them down, so they kept restructuring until a white knight appeared, till today still listed in sgx... i thk uber is similar

I PES C bro. [laugh]

Been to Taiwan see meimeis but not for SAF training.

My only knowledge of ninja van is this:

post-1829-0-24604300-1444201018_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

What ninja van?

There's a courier company called Ninja van.

I talking about the food van that was at carparks.

No you can't bro. At least not for uber. There's some car sharing thing though.

They have already reduced the incentive by a lot. We called it the Decelerator scheme whereas they called it the Accelerator scheme.

With this scheme, a lot of Uber drivers have already given up driving for Uber already. No longer enticing.

I think now the car sharing apps not so strong

hopefully uber can come in [sly]

yes yes, the food van call ninja van

8141208_orig.jpg

I PES C bro. [laugh]

Been to Taiwan see meimeis but not for SAF training.

My only knowledge of ninja van is this:

attachicon.gifninjavan-720x480.jpg

tiagong nowadays got unber goods one, donno call what

edmw got one guy have a thread of ask me anything, I am donno what a goods driver or something like that

coz they give v high incentives. thats y fail to understand how theyll ever return to profit. only way is to remove alot of uber drivers later on when the customer pool gets really big

Guess now is many uber drivers but not so many customer. That's why so fast can get a ride from uber?!

• Praise 1

Don't understand how come many drivers during peak hour? Though during peak hour the demand also high? Like taxi, you cant really get taxi during peak hour?!

Taxi driver always go hide at one corner, bo taxi,long queue, then some will call a cab, then they suddenly appear.... Make additional $2.80 booking fees And plus peak hour surcharge.... Our taxi uncles also have strategy one....

For me, once you try uber, taxi is history. You will never ever queue at taxi stand or stand by the roadside absorbing the carbon monoxide .... And you will be laughing in your heart when you see the long queue at the taxi stand ......

While uber is so conveniently available, use it... Who knows some day our gahman decides to revoke this private transport arrangement, we LL must go back to the queue Liao.....

• Praise 1

yalor!!! :yuush:

this ninja van thing is really a good thing until these jokers come along :confident:

let say I only interested to ferry people who are on the way type when I drive to work and come home, can I join uber or something like this?

let say I only interested to ferry people who are on the way type when I drive to work and come home, can I join uber or something like this? :grin:

Like that you don't join uber la.... Better to start a thread on car-share scheme, private arrangement everyday... Then you no need to commission to uber mah... And no need to convert your insurance to commercial which is more expensive ...

And the best part is you can set criteria, must be chio, young, ...then brightens up your day every morning mah.... If bui bui come along, then you say next week you on business travel... And continue to look for new "target"... Sounds good?

Taxi driver always go hide at one corner, bo taxi,long queue, then some will call a cab, then they suddenly appear.... Make additional $2.80 booking fees And plus peak hour surcharge.... Our taxi uncles also have strategy one....

For me, once you try uber, taxi is history. You will never ever queue at taxi stand or stand by the roadside absorbing the carbon monoxide .... And you will be laughing in your heart when you see the long queue at the taxi stand ......

While uber is so conveniently available, use it... Who knows some day our gahman decides to revoke this private transport arrangement, we LL must go back to the queue Liao.....

I believe if uber become as popular as taxi, maybe not so fast and easy to get a ride. Cause now most people still trusted taxi, so demand for uber now still not as high as taxi. Many people might still find it weird to call uber ride, and get into a "private" car that come pick you up. Also you never know what car will appear when you call for it. I think this is the fun part of uber ride. Lol.

Edited by 13177

I believe if uber become as popular as taxi, maybe not so fast and easy to get a ride. Cause now most people still trusted taxi, so demand for uber now still not as high as taxi. Many people might still find it weird to call uber ride, and get into a "private" car that come pick you up. Also you never know what car will appear when you call for it. I think this is the fun part of uber ride. Lol.

uber is just a taxi coy pretending that its not lah. like u say when it becomes dam big itll have the exact problems taxis have now. uber is just a big fat hedge fund bet waiting for a big sucker to buy them. many country garmen already realize this so they kicked them out.

if SG garmen continues to allow uber to stay here, they are basically passing control of taxis from comfort delgro etc to an AMDK coy...

Edited by Duckduck

uber is just a taxi coy pretending that its not lah. like u say when it becomes dam big itll have the exact problems taxis have now. uber is just a big fat hedge fund bet waiting for a big sucker to buy them. many country garmen already realize this so they kicked them out.

if SG garmen continues to allow uber to stay here, they are basically passing control of taxis from comfort delgro etc to an AMDK coy...

Quite pity if garment kick uber out, as customer will have no more alternative choice liao.

Like that you don't join uber la.... Better to start a thread on car-share scheme, private arrangement everyday... Then you no need to commission to uber mah... And no need to convert your insurance to commercial which is more expensive ...

And the best part is you can set criteria, must be chio, young, ...then brightens up your day every morning mah.... If bui bui come along, then you say next week you on business travel... And continue to look for new "target"... Sounds good?

Haha you sure know my ahem intentions [laugh]

Yesterday, i encountered a new driver who has no idea how to go to my destination. I have to guide him along.

On the plus side, he is polite and willing to learn.

I only gave him 3 starts with feedback that he seriously need to brush up on his navigation.

So you are saying that ComfortDelgro taxi driver has better service than Uber?

I took Comfort Merc cab & the service (especially jerking driving style) is worse than Uber X.

Consumer vote with their wallet.

• Dislike 1

Correction, you will know the car that picks you up... When a driver is assigned, you can view his photo, car plate no., mobile no. make and model of the car. If not happy with the car make, cancel ride to get another one lor... :grin:

Correction, SG gov started with Grabcar to compete with AMDK coy and may be winning with their promotions, events, lucky draws... As I mentioned Temasek Holdings has one leg in Grabcar... SGGOV more DK

right now, Uber gives the best rate for few months to scrap vehicle.

And if suddenly crack down on UBER,then the company proceed to scrap the vehicle.

Super low risk.

Haha you sure know my ahem intentions [laugh]

天下的男人都是一样的噢, 天下的男人都是一样的 。。 remember the song ?

↡ Advertisement