Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

My job require me to travel during office hours so sometimes, instead of using my own car, I will just call a cab and claims from my company.

I always hear of taxi uncles complaining about the high handed ways their respective companies have dealt with them, for example requiring them to place a deposit of few thousand dollars when they sign up to be cabbies and the companies suka suka ask them to get back to workshop to paste advertisement (taking a few hours) without any compensation for rental waiver.

There was also this article about many trans cab sitting idle in the workshop, I am not surprised as with a daily rental of $130 a day, how many trips does the uncle need to make to just break even?

So even though I am not on the Uber bandwagon yet as a paying customer, I would say it is justice being served on the teksi companies, who have been protected for many years now by LTA. I don't see teksi companies as service providers, but they are just simply car rental companies profiting at the expense of the poor uncles toiling under the hot sun, subject to abuses by non fare paying passengers, road rage etc. Their main KPI is to rent out all the cabs at as high a rental as possible, with no regard whatsoever for the welfare of their drivers and customers.

Perhaps, I should sign up to be Uber customer today and abandon the traditional taxi companies altogether.

• Praise 3

There is a lot of perfect 5 because they are part timers.

Normally it's 4.7 or 4.8 which consider a very good driver already

Got receipt for passengers?

• Praise 2

Got receipt for passengers?

Yes, u will get the receipt via email right after the ride.

so for Uber driver pick up point, is it based on the coordinates from the handphone?

Better to enter the address physically, more accurate.

• Praise 2

I just checked my statements.

Total fares collected till date at $23k before less 20% uber fee.

Total payout to me as a uber contractor at $45k.

18 weeks of driving:-

Rental $320 per week

Petrol $350 per week

Misc cost including Un-chargeable ERP $80 per week

So is uber making money?

They are throwing huge amount of incentive to me.

Wow. You averaging 10k a month in income before deduction for expenses.

How many hours do you drive per day on average?

So is uber making money?

thats what i keep asking. duno how theyll ever return to profit. increase fares, decrease incentives, everyone goes back to taxi, how to make $?

• Praise 1

My job require me to travel during office hours so sometimes, instead of using my own car, I will just call a cab and claims from my company.

I always hear of taxi uncles complaining about the high handed ways their respective companies have dealt with them, for example requiring them to place a deposit of few thousand dollars when they sign up to be cabbies and the companies suka suka ask them to get back to workshop to paste advertisement (taking a few hours) without any compensation for rental waiver.

There was also this article about many trans cab sitting idle in the workshop, I am not surprised as with a daily rental of $130 a day, how many trips does the uncle need to make to just break even?

So even though I am not on the Uber bandwagon yet as a paying customer, I would say it is justice being served on the teksi companies, who have been protected for many years now by LTA. I don't see teksi companies as service providers, but they are just simply car rental companies profiting at the expense of the poor uncles toiling under the hot sun, subject to abuses by non fare paying passengers, road rage etc. Their main KPI is to rent out all the cabs at as high a rental as possible, with no regard whatsoever for the welfare of their drivers and customers.

Perhaps, I should sign up to be Uber customer today and abandon the traditional taxi companies altogether.

Think of it this way. If YOU are the owner of the cab company.

You buy a cab, cost say $120-150k (just basic cab, dont talk limo).

This cabbie comes along, deposits 1 or 2k. Its 1k only in my time. I don't think it is higher now, unless maybe its for new car. He takes your car, (remember, unlike car rental, cabbies dont use credit card to secure the car against damage). He smashes your car and tells you sorry I no money to pay for repairs. What you going to do? Sue him? For costs like 10k or under, its hardly worth it and even if you win the suit, most likely the cabby has no assets for you to claim.

I worked in a cab company before and the main problem is that the good cabbies are effectively sponsoring the bad cabbies. What the country needs is a national database of which are the good cabbies (e.g. no/low accident, good payment record, no/low complaints etc) to give them a rating like say the bank's credit ratings. Unfortunately, I think Comfort owns most of that data and they wouldn't share.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Think of it this way. If YOU are the owner of the cab company.

You buy a cab, cost say $120-150k (just basic cab, dont talk limo).

This cabbie comes along, deposits 1 or 2k. Its 1k only in my time. I don't think it is higher now, unless maybe its for new car. He takes your car, (remember, unlike car rental, cabbies dont use credit card to secure the car against damage). He smashes your car and tells you sorry I no money to pay for repairs. What you going to do? Sue him? For costs like 10k or under, its hardly worth it and even if you win the suit, most likely the cabby has no assets for you to claim.

I worked in a cab company before and the main problem is that the good cabbies are effectively sponsoring the bad cabbies. What the country needs is a national database of which are the good cabbies (e.g. no/low accident, good payment record, no/low complaints etc) to give them a rating like say the bank's credit ratings. Unfortunately, I think Comfort owns most of that data and they wouldn't share.

Increased to 2k already. Why the company needs to sue the cabby for smashing the cab? Don't they have insurance?

• Praise 1

thats what i keep asking. duno how theyll ever return to profit. increase fares, decrease incentives, everyone goes back to taxi, how to make $?

When you have 80% market share and everyone that needs to get a cab think of/ call Uber first, you can sit back and collect 20% of the fare without giving out a single cent of incentive. The drivers can't leave as you have the customers and it is global (Uber in Jakarta, Singapore, Manila, HK, SF, LA, etc). This is a very scalable business as increment cost is minimal once you control the market.

If you set up DuckduckCarMart today, do you think car dealers will advertise with you even if it is free?

• Praise 3

When you have 80% market share and everyone that needs to get a cab think of/ call Uber first, you can sit back and collect 20% of the fare without giving out a single cent of incentive. The drivers can't leave as you have the customers and it is global (Uber in Jakarta, Singapore, Manila, HK, SF, LA, etc). This is a very scalable business as increment cost is minimal once you control the market.

If you set up DuckduckCarMart today, do you think car dealers will advertise with you even if it is free?

thats y i said that uber is just another taxi coy pretending that its not... the above scenario is currently comfort in sg... control mkt share etc...

when they stop giving any incentive, u get the same problem which cabs here have now... no motivation to work hard... back to square one lor

• Praise 1

Rental $320 per week

Petrol $350 per week

So is uber making money?

Don't know which ball-less guy dislike my post...

Since he cannot make it in uber, I have to show how much I made in the last 5 weeks and also my best week.

Note, there is still fare disputes yet to iron out with uber.

post-61679-0-32248300-1444573274_thumb.jpg

Some use watch, I use crayons.

Anyway everyone in Uber knows Shiwei so I don't mark out my name.

• Praise 9
  • Dislike 1

Don't know which ball-less guy dislike my post...

Since he cannot make it in uber, I have to show how much I made in the last 5 weeks and also my best week.

Note, there is still fare disputes yet to iron out with uber.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Some use watch, I use crayons.

Anyway everyone in Uber knows Shiwei so I don't mark out my name.

Bro, are u a relief driver ?

I was a relief driver for 1 week last month but until now, i have not got any payment advice yet.

Does Uber credit the car rental company or the main hirer's account ?

Wow. You averaging 10k a month in income before deduction for expenses.

How many hours do you drive per day on average?

Take a look at my last 5 statement.

Add total payout and less cost average $750-$800 per week.

Divide by 5 weeks x 52 weeks.

Got $100k gross profit?

I'm working smarter now.

6am to 11am & 5pm to 11pm Monday to Friday and occasionally Sat & Sun early morning hours for 2/3hrs.

So it's around 60 hours per week.

Average office staff gets up at 7.30am, go to work at 8am and reach office at 9am.

Off work at 6pm and reach home at 7pm.

Take time to compute as working hours = 11 hours per day.

So it's 55 hours per week.

Isn't it the same as me (as I start work at my carpark).

If they work OT 1 hour per day or even 2, they are working even longer hours than me.

Muahahahaha to the guy that dislike my post.

Bro, are u a relief driver ?

I was a relief driver for 1 week last month but until now, i have not got any payment advice yet.

Does Uber credit the car rental company or the main hirer's account ?

Full time. Do check with the person that lent you the car.
  • Praise 1

Promo code ac95pue.

Gets $20 off first ride.

Anyway when you encounter issues with uber, you know who to look for.

Rental $320 per week

Petrol $350 per week

So is uber making money?

So if uber is throwing out money to drivers, they must be getting their funding from big timers.

They are probably losing money but trying to capture the market.

If they don't grab the market they are looking for, before running out of cash, then the whole thing will come crashing down.

↡ Advertisement