Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

So if uber is throwing out money to drivers, they must be getting their funding from big timers.

They are probably losing money but trying to capture the market.

If they don't grab the market they are looking for, before running out of cash, then the whole thing will come crashing down.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/28/us-uber-china-idUSKCN0QW1XE20150828

big timers looking to IPO... they fark watever happens to this coy post moratorium lah

reminds me of FB IPO book build.. they raised private funds more than 1 yr ahead of IPO... these early bird VHNWIs all profited lor.. of cse FB is actually making profits vs uber which isnt ... yet...?!?

Edited by Duckduck
↡ Advertisement

Increased to 2k already. Why the company needs to sue the cabby for smashing the cab? Don't they have insurance?

The insurance has excess. And some hero cabbies smash car 2, 3 or more times a year. have to charge them at least the first say $500 or $1000 mah.

Also, these policies typically have a upper limit (e.g. for 2000 cars, if total claim is >X million a year, additional premium is chargeable). And next year ofcourse premium also up. Basically, everytime there is a smash, someone has to pay. In the end, everybody pays, which is why I say the good drivers are effectively sponsoring the bad.

• Praise 1

thats y i said that uber is just another taxi coy pretending that its not... the above scenario is currently comfort in sg... control mkt share etc...

when they stop giving any incentive, u get the same problem which cabs here have now... no motivation to work hard... back to square one lor

I thought Uber raises fare when demand exceeds supply?

• Praise 1

Uber got motorbike or not?

i want to be Uber motorbike rider.Then can carry tnn MILF.

accelerate,brake,accelerate,brake........how shoik :grin:

Wow KNS. more like vomit on your back than let u song. hahahha

I thought Uber raises fare when demand exceeds supply?

u also mean increase incentive during peak hr? if uber controls 80% of mkt, u thk theyll still raise incentives since consumers n uber drivers have no choice? sounds like comfort delgro now right heh

Edited by Duckduck

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/28/us-uber-china-idUSKCN0QW1XE20150828

big timers looking to IPO... they fark watever happens to this coy post moratorium lah

reminds me of FB IPO book build.. they raised private funds more than 1 yr ahead of IPO... these early bird VHNWIs all profited lor.. of cse FB is actually making profits vs uber which isnt ... yet...?!?

Yep... most angel financiers... when looking at a business plan... will ask "what's your exit plan?"

Smash and grab more like. As much as I like Uber... it will be good to even the playing field somewhat.... both with regards to taxi driver training and the rental they have to pay out to the large companies.

Something has to give if they want to stay relevant in this age of Uber and Grabtaxi.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I know uber drivers who also drive for grabcar at the same time. So that they will have more than enough bookings. Rental remains the same. Alot of Transcab drivers have switched to Uber already.

They not worried uber close down cuz they can easily go back to Transcab. I saw a relative apply to be relief for Transcab. They have so many taxis idling around, they don't care who they accept. They told him, as long as he can find a driver who needs a relief, discuss with him and they will contract him immediately. Never even ask if he had any demerit points and all that.

Edited by Nzy

I think the taxi industry will undergo a major revamp after this.

Not necessarily ban Uber but more likely a compulsory course for drivers to attend and pass, plus more regulatory framework to protect all.

Last week my friend and I were stranded in the rain (with my car less than 1km away) and my friend booked a taxi via Grabtaxi. My friend wanted to drop me off at my car and carry on to his destination several MRTs away. In the end, the taxi "flew an aeroplane" on us and claimed to have fetched the wrong passenger. After getting another one that arrived finally, I found his attitude very lacking, communications problem. Zero customer service even though he dropped us off safely.

This is a festering problem (taxi industry and standards) that MOT will not let go off.

u also mean increase incentive during peak hr? if uber controls 80% of mkt, u thk theyll still raise incentives since consumers n uber drivers have no choice? sounds like comfort delgro now right heh

The circle will start again loh.

It is call a demand surge. It is multiple of fares.

Last Friday, my friend want to go back Jurong (From RWS)

On the Uber application, the estimated fare is S$60 to S$80 for a normal taxi.

Damn X

Damn X

normal taxi is cheaper if no queue during non peak hours.

Haha, later motorbike sick then you know, be prepared to wash your shirt :grin:

maybe "cross-island" more expensive. Try booking from Harbourfront/Vivo to Jurong.

Damn X

• Praise 1

Damn X

Every Friday and Saturday there's Halloween night at RWS. Got many many people. Confirm got surge pricing la.

Can't even get a taxi.

Every Friday and Saturday there's Halloween night at RWS. Got many many people. Confirm got surge pricing la.

Can't even get a taxi.

Ya...we went Hallowen...ends around Saturday 0100hrs (am)

In the end, I send them back, but supper they pay (LOL)

Damn X

how long was the Q at the taxi stand?

↡ Advertisement