Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

Of course have and it's damn cheap.

only if you compare with taxi dun go by meter that anyhow quote then yes, if not it depends.

I took same route once on taxi by meter and once on Uber, both about the same price.

definitely cheap if compare to Singapore [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

only if you compare with taxi dun go by meter that anyhow quote then yes, if not it depends.

I took same route once on taxi by meter and once on Uber, both about the same price.

definitely cheap if compare to Singapore [laugh]

Asking most of them to go by meter is like asking them to let us kick their balls.

Anyway, even if go by meter and if the passenger don't know the route, also kenna makan.

Just take Uber best la. 

Last week took justgrab. Fare stated $9. A taxi picked my booking. When I got on, the taxi driver on the meter. And aft reach destination, the meter show $10. So I asked TD which should I pay, he said the meter fare which is higher.

Anyw didn't wan to do anything more, jus sharing.

Last week took justgrab. Fare stated $9. A taxi picked my booking. When I got on, the taxi driver on the meter. And aft reach destination, the meter show $10. So I asked TD which should I pay, he said the meter fare which is higher.

that was why i resist to start using Grab, they have too many pattern to confuse rider.

Asking most of them to go by meter is like asking them to let us kick their balls.

Anyway, even if go by meter and if the passenger don't know the route, also kenna makan.

Just take Uber best la. 

If you want to travel anywhere from CIQ, there is a taxi stand below the bridge. Approach the booth counter and tell them where you want to go and they will tell you the amount, you pay them upfront and they will assign a taxi to take you there, no need to pay upon reaching the destination.

Supercharged

they probably have double or even 3x more Uber in JB, they wait around the shopping malls like taxi and wait for booking.

I see. Guess now the only issue is the data plan or Wifi, cos you need that to connect the Uber/Grab app..

If you want to travel anywhere from CIQ, there is a taxi stand below the bridge. Approach the booth counter and tell them where you want to go and they will tell you the amount, you pay them upfront and they will assign a taxi to take you there, no need to pay upon reaching the destination.

R u referring to the linked pedestrian bridge to City Square ?

Hypersonic
(edited)

that was why i resist to start using Grab, they have too many pattern to confuse rider.

I see but that time I was going from the polishing place to KSL mall. 

You should do something bro.

Same thing happened to me. I was charged $1 more than what I was quoted.

Write in to Grab (take less than 2 mins), they will give you $3 off for next ride.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

R u referring to the linked pedestrian bridge to City Square ?

yes but dun cross the bridge, it is right below the CIQ.  From this photo where the taxi queue is, there is always long queue of the taxi waiting there, but the booth is toward where the red arrow pointed at.

post-1109-0-02098000-1496645304_thumb.png

Act my main is grab 90% uber 10%. So far very good only tat grab is always old cars but they usually hv better discounts. This was my first time getting a cab they grab.

I see but that time I was going from the polishing place to KSL mall.

You should do something bro.

Same thing happened to me. I was charged $1 more than what I was quoted.

Write in to Grab (take less than 2 mins), they will give you $3 off for next ride.

It's ok la bro. First time got taxi. Anyw old uncle also.

I thk they really quite jialat now having to compete w uber grab young kids who didn't need to feed family.

Don't have like that one la. Supposed to follow the app one.

Send a complaint to Grab.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Act my main is grab 90% uber 10%. So far very good only tat grab is always old cars but they usually hv better discounts. This was my first time getting a cab they grab.

I thk they really quite jialat now having to compete w uber grab young kids who didn't need to feed family.

Ok bro.

But for me, I feel they are taking us for a ride by using the meter fare. In the long run, the consumer like you and me will lose out.

If everyone is as kind as you and don't report, it's just a matter of time.

You should only pay what you are quoted.

It's not about the $1 but if no one report and let it slide, it will come back and bite us in the long run.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

yes but dun cross the bridge, it is right below the CIQ.  From this photo where the taxi queue is, there is always long queue of the taxi waiting there, but the booth is toward where the red arrow pointed at.

attachicon.gifP1180739_zpsfab5049a.png

Thanks for the info.

Supersonic

Took grab last night after a long time not taking (promo codes dunno why all don't work anymore so I just take bus!).

15 bucks from Demsey to Woodlands. Cheap lor.

Supercharged

I agree with bro Fcw75. Dun care he is old uncle or young guy. Being old is not an excuse to cheat others.

Please lodge a complaint with Grab on the over-charging. It is totally unethical and he is giving all other drivers a bad name.

• Praise 3

i was trying to use Uber in JB last week and uber apps couldn't get me the exact location on their map, i used google map and after plotting the direction 2 location, i tap on the Uber on google map.

They prompt me for payment which i can't use the designated credit card under Uber but ask for Android pay instead, i happen to have an account hence activate that.

Now i have Android pay permanently stuck in my Uber apps as default payment which i cannot remove. Anyone having this problem?

I use the uber Malaysia one use until cannot see eyes

Usual taxi trip to massage is about 15rm

Uber is 6rm

Insane!!!!!!!!

Donno how they earn

Supercharged

used Uber in KL. Damn cheap !  [laugh]

Me too.

My last trip in KL 6 months ago took Uber everywhere. Convenient and easy to get. A few I took are driven by Malay women some more. Many uses the Proton Exora (7 seater, so spacious).

But only problem (as I mentioned before) is the availability of the Wifi....

I use the uber Malaysia one use until cannot see eyes

Usual taxi trip to massage is about 15rm

Uber is 6rm

Insane!!!!!!!!

Donno how they earn

by meter?