Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

Bad experience with JustGrab this evening.

JustGrab accepted our booking, waiting time 5mins.

When the JustGrab (Transcab) arrived at the pickup location, another couple entered saying they booked with UBER. We asked the driver and he informed booking cancelled.

The cancellation message then showed up on my phone at that instance. We have been watching my phone to monitor the arrival of the JustGrab, and wouldn't have missed the cancellation message if it was received earlier.

We reported this incident to Grab, and will take note of this particular Transcab number.

If there are more such incidents, then we will be guided to take PH cars (JustGrab) only.

If taxi drivers are not keen to accept JustGrab bookings, then don't it unwillingly​.

Grabshare rides are now also available to taxi drivers. I can't imagine how the taxi drivers will undertake this role.

where is yr van bro...

↡ Advertisement

I agree with the rest that you need to complaint to both Grab and Uber.

1. His Uber profile should not be a taxi, Uber should blacklist him.

2. Ask grab for compensation for your time and the different amount for next ride.

3. No point inform Transcab as we know how notorious the company and drivers are.

Already reported to Grab as this service attitude is downright unacceptable and damage Grab reputation as well.

Do not intend to do #1,#3 since Grab provide the booking.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

After the taxi driver accepted your JustGrab booking, he saw a Uber booking with higher pricing, so he accepted that and cancelled yours

And that don't make sense either.

Bcuz Uber driver can't see the price for any trip. Surge number, yes, but not the price.

He also can't see the destination until he picked up rider and start trip.

Uber like to keep its drivers half blind.

Edited by Kb27

Bcuz Uber driver can't see the price for any trip. Surge number, yes, but not the price.

Yes I learnt tat when taking fr airport. No grab drivers for trip home to pasir ris. Checked uber and immediately got driver.

That's a good measure taken by Uber. Keeping driver half blind will prevent driver being picky about who to pick.

Of coz it's considered as slave driving..... LOL

After the taxi driver accepted your JustGrab booking, he saw a Uber booking with higher pricing, so he accepted that and cancelled yours

22,000 registered as Private Hire drivers (including those who own the car they drive), when thereâs more than 40,000 private hire vehicle sin Singapore?

No wonder Cat A COE bidding was weak yesterday and fell to a 14 month low.

Registered only also doesn't necessarily mean they will drive when the pvdl and decal become compulsory. Most register also because it gives them till next year to drive without the official pvdl.

There is likelihood that more may drop out.it may not be good for riders when the driver pool becomes smaller.

Supercharged

Yeah, that's strange. Uber don't use taxis.

That driver must have been playing around with 2 apps, if it's possible.

Pick the best deal and discard the other.

Yah, that was my understanding too. Uber has no taxi partnership.

So how come that other passenger can say he book by Uber ?

Yes, I think this is wat had happened. Taxi driver accepted the Grab job first, then got another higher booking, then cancel the previous one.

To the taxi driver he doesn't care, cos he is not under Grab, and is not rated under Grab. So he can accept/cancel as many times as he wants and there's no impact to his rating.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Maybe the taxi driver downloaded uber apps? Thats why he can accept uber booking?

Download also no use. Have to register with a car. Cannot register with taxi. So either story is fake or the taxi driver using someone else's uber account.

• Praise 5

People allowing others to drive using their account should have $2000 deposit Cheong konged

User who reports get $2000 worth of free trips!!!!!

Woohooo!!!!!! :grin:

Looks like gonna be a great night sleep!!!

Supersonic

Download also no use. Have to register with a car. Cannot register with taxi. So either story is fake or the taxi driver using someone else's uber account.

Like this high chance the taxi driver used someone else's uber account, but rider should be able to know due to different car registered plate.

that was why i encourage the rider to report this to both Uber and Grab + the taxi company (which i think quite useless).

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

There has always been a Uber Taxi, don't you guys know?

post-1829-0-31836900-1496987589_thumb.png

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

There has always been a Uber Taxi, don't you guys know?

Err....actually I had been in a situation before whereby there were no Uber cars.

So in the end I book Grab....

Fyi, I always search for Uber first, then Grab, in such an order.

↡ Advertisement