Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

Decal cannot remove la. Against the law.

Oh? Didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. Does this mean that the decal cannot be removed even when vehicle is not used as PHV?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Any cancellation charge incurred is automatically forwarded to the next trip a rider takes.

I had one today. The rider flip me a $10 note for the trip, but the charge shows $15.

Then I showed him his "Outstanding Balance" of $6.

I'm supposed to collect the extra $6 on behalf of Uber.

No, we didn't come to blows. He paid up and I told him he can take it up with Uber.

For those taking Uber, pls note after the driver arrived, he can cancel and pocket the cancellation fee after the waiting time is up. For Uber X is 5 mins, uberpool is 2 mins.

If you don't see the driver, you should contact him by phone or sms. Don't just wait where you are and then tried to cancel.

A couple of problems here. Drivers doesn't know who the rider is, what he looks like. He only has a meaningless name. Only the rider can identify by the car plate number.

The clock starts to tick once the driver reached the assigned pick up location, which probably has a small radius about 10m (my guess).

Sometimes rider wait at the other side of the block, where driver can't see him. But most of the time, the rider is late. So you can't expect the driver to go around looking for him when he's not there.

Yes, I kena this $6 charge before, when I cancelled a ride cos the Uber car did not turn up after 30 mins of waiting. I had to paid the charge to the next Uber driver who picked me up. Then later I wrote to Uber to complain, and they credit me $6 to offfset my next ride.

I seen so many PHV drivers smoking while driving.

yeap, me too.

always look like a fat hand hanging outside an open window. [laugh]

but if they're not carrying passengers, then no one complains.

'Carrying other passengers without consent of hirer' $50

That means family members and friends and relatives tak boleh?

I think it means while you're on job la.

When PHV is not online doing business is basically same as private car.

I noticed that many have put up sunshade at the window.

Don't want to be seen?

Personally I find it dangerous  to put sunshade as can't see what the drivers are looking at.

Not as bad as some MPV drivers who put on curtains. [thumbsdown]

I want to put on curtain, bcuz the rental car doesn't come with window tint.

And the sun was burning my hands. [:p]

I tried to put on a temporary shade, but took it down, as it was blocking my rear and side view.

A door-to-door sales person just came by my door, asking if anyone in the house has a driving licence.

The sales person seems to be doing recruitment. Wearing a T-shirt that says UBER.

Times really bad. :TT_TT:

Overestimate the number of cars they can rent out.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Good that lta clamps down on indescriminate phv drivers. Should overall be a little safer for everyone. I hope. Still lots of cock ones around crashing and causing harm.

Waste of COEs.

They have already disrupted the COE trend. By right this is the COE glut period. They came in and karchiau and the COE premium headed north...

A door-to-door sales person just came by my door, asking if anyone in the house has a driving licence.

The sales person seems to be doing recruitment. Wearing a T-shirt that says UBER.

Times really bad. :TT_TT:

Overestimate the number of cars they can rent out.

A man and a lady wearing Uber T-shirts knocked at my door earlier for the same reason.

Twincharged

They have already disrupted the COE trend. By right this is the COE glut period. They came in and karchiau and the COE premium headed north...

A man and a lady wearing Uber T-shirts knocked at my door earlier for the same reason.

What to do. Under protection from LTA cause they generate money for the state. Money talks.

Good that lta clamps down on indescriminate phv drivers. Should overall be a little safer for everyone. I hope. Still lots of cock ones around crashing and causing harm.

Yesterday during a short drive,

Can see the car ahead of me was PHV, 3 cars behind also PHV, for that moment on the slip road bend 80% are PHV.

Guess their total number exceeded that of taxis.

2015/16/17

Have 300k de-registration

If 10-15% of these became PHV, it will be 30-45k PHV.

↡ Advertisement