Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

Know what, ever since I drive grab, I had been receiving jobs of higher percentage to tanah merah ferry terminal during morning peak hours. This is never seen before when I drive uber.

Like I could get bookings to tanah merah ferry terminal in the morning weekday like 3 times in a wk. All I accepted. Deep in my heart I am thinking darn these cherry pickers. Because of morning peak hours, they feel they could choose jobs and this see this place, ignore then end up those accept any jobs will get this kind of booking.

Then yesterday morning, I accepted a job to tuas and to my surprise I received a job to go out from tuas. So lucky me.

attachicon.gifsketch-1525988426752.png

attachicon.gifsketch-1525988472100.png

I will do my very best to accept whatever jobs I receive within my means. So grab is very lucky to have a bunch of drivers who never cherry pick to keep the system going. Grab should treat them well. As if they decide not to drive for Grab and then grab left all cherry pickers drivers, = gg.

We are passengers too, and wouldn't like to be subjected to cherry picking. I accept all bookings as well.... machiam uber in grab clothing. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Know what, ever since I drive grab, I had been receiving jobs of higher percentage to tanah merah ferry terminal during morning peak hours. This is never seen before when I drive uber.

Like I could get bookings to tanah merah ferry terminal in the morning weekday like 3 times in a wk. All I accepted. Deep in my heart I am thinking darn these cherry pickers. Because of morning peak hours, they feel they could choose jobs and this see this place, ignore then end up those accept any jobs will get this kind of booking.

Then yesterday morning, I accepted a job to tuas and to my surprise I received a job to go out from tuas. So lucky me.

I will do my very best to accept whatever jobs I receive within my means. So grab is very lucky to have a bunch of drivers who never cherry pick to keep the system going. Grab should treat them well. As if they decide not to drive for Grab and then grab left all cherry pickers drivers, = gg.

Thanks to cherry pickers, that at least I have some jobs passed down to me. Otherwise I may be swatting flies.

Kept the uber apps and use it in Taiwan, very popular here and many uber driver around. Cheaper than taxi by about 20%.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

My dad is one of those cherry pickers. But he's driving taxi not phv. So he on grab during peak hours and cherry pick then non-peak he turn off the app and pick passengers from taxi stand or streets. He says using this method then his income will be higher. He tried to don't cherry pick and his income per day is only like $150 after rental and diesel. 

My dad is one of those cherry pickers. But he's driving taxi not phv. So he on grab during peak hours and cherry pick then non-peak he turn off the app and pick passengers from taxi stand or streets. He says using this method then his income will be higher. He tried to don't cherry pick and his income per day is only like $150 after rental and diesel.

Thats the way to go. Heed garmen advice, work smart. Not like some try to b hero, then come here complain grab this crap that.

(edited)

Today just opened my Grab app, and it asked for superuser access (my Android is rooted). Why does it require such access since the latest update, anyone knows?

Edited by boonhat_91

Supersonic

Kept the uber apps and use it in Taiwan, very popular here and many uber driver around. Cheaper than taxi by about 20%.

Wonder what will happen if Grab expand to Taiwan ?

People will curse Grab there, like here ?  :a-t9412: 

Supersonic
(edited)

There's nothing wrong with cherry picking. Demand and supply. If driver have to take loss making jobs, then effectively they are subsidizing the rider...

Grab app should have some way for the rider to give an incentive to the driver so they will accept an out of the way location. This will be fairer.

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

There's nothing wrong with cherry picking. Demand and supply. If driver have to take loss making jobs, then effectively they are subsidizing the rider...

Grab app should have some way for the rider to give an incentive to the driver so they will accept an out of the way location. This will be fairer.

Actually will not make a loss, just that the earnings drop abit. It's the mindset see this cheap fare don't want and then passed it down to another driver, another driver see this cheap fare don't want, pass it to another and the list goes on.

Like that where got healthy?

Edited by Yewheng

Supersonic

Actually cam inside public transport already have for quite some time, like in MRT and public buses lo.

MRT and buses reasonable. but taxis and PHVs, riders will be concerned...

Supersonic

Actually will not make a loss, just that the earnings drop abit. It's the mindset see this cheap fare don't want and then passed it down to another driver, another driver see this cheap fare don't want, pass it to another and the list goes on.

Like that where got healthy?

They will make a loss on that specific transaction. Driver will still expect a certain amount of earnings per month so the rates for everyone will go up no?

Why not healthy? Customers going to/coming from out of the way locations should not expect other customers to subsidize them leh.

The system should have some way for those out of the way passengers to give a "bonus" so more drivers will accept their booking.

when i took uber in taoyuan/taipei, the lady uber driver told me they will not cancel even if the call from 20km away and they dun even know where the destination was, it could be just 3km away or 50km opposite direction from their home/base, they will still take the booking.

The reason she gave was since the location is far mean the caller had problem booking/calling a taxi, it could be urgent matter so she will always take the call. 

• Praise 3

Supersonic

when i took uber in taoyuan/taipei, the lady uber driver told me they will not cancel even if the call from 20km away and they dun even know where the destination was, it could be just 3km away or 50km opposite direction from their home/base, they will still take the booking.

The reason she gave was since the location is far mean the caller had problem booking/calling a taxi, it could be urgent matter so she will always take the call. 

Good attitude and mindset for uber driver in taipei. 

Twincharged

They will make a loss on that specific transaction. Driver will still expect a certain amount of earnings per month so the rates for everyone will go up no?

Why not healthy? Customers going to/coming from out of the way locations should not expect other customers to subsidize them leh.

The system should have some way for those out of the way passengers to give a "bonus" so more drivers will accept their booking.

The problem is difficulty to get a ride. Even if gotten confirmation driver halfway cancel for no reason. This is very bad..

There are a lot of riders don't mind pay more if they can get a ride fast and hassle free. If grab can't achieve that of coz will attract those who want cheapest fare as those don't mind pay more will not want to take grab.

When more people take grab especially those don't mind pay more.. The surge will be more.. However to fulfill this.. Grab really need to ensure the ride is accepted fast and very few cancelation..

These are the side effect of cherry picking pax... Cheery picking = saboing oneself and grab.

post-14834-0-34294600-1527045845_thumb.png

Finally grab launched this..

Supersonic

The problem is difficulty to get a ride. Even if gotten confirmation driver halfway cancel for no reason. This is very bad..

There are a lot of riders don't mind pay more if they can get a ride fast and hassle free. If grab can't achieve that of coz will attract those who want cheapest fare as those don't mind pay more will not want to take grab.

When more people take grab especially those don't mind pay more.. The surge will be more.. However to fulfill this.. Grab really need to ensure the ride is accepted fast and very few cancelation..

These are the side effect of cherry picking pax... Cheery picking = saboing oneself and grab.

Grab really have a high rate of cancellation from the driver after accepting, esp if the driver accepted is from taxi. Cause i have encountered many times liao, this is why i missed uber. Lol.

Supersonic

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180523-112352.png

Finally grab launched this..

Sure, so grab should implement a system where those out of the way riders can offer an incentive for the drivers to take their booking.

Right?

↡ Advertisement