Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

Supersonic

passenger claim from who ? SMA some more ... although COE cheap but still ai-wan ....

Wonder will the claim be also so difficult if it happened in a taxi? Nowadays when i sit inside these PHV and taxi really scare the way they drive. Sometimes think still safer to take public bus or MRT, or self drive. I still dont feel secure sitting in a car drive by others.  [rolleyes]

(edited)

passenger claim from who ? SMA some more ... although COE cheap but still ai-wan ....

Article did mention claim from Grab mah .... 

Grab’s group PAI policy offers coverage in the event of accidental death, permanent dismemberment and bodily injuries in the event of accidents for drivers and passengers. This is the largest coverage with the total personal accident benefits for the driver or passenger being up to US$250,000 per vehicle, or up to an aggregate limit of US$2.5 million per accident in Singapore. Each incident will be evaluated individually by the insurance providers and coverage amount differs across markets.

Edited by Othello

Supercharged

It's fairer for the driver.

Now we drive all the way there, almost reached or reached, and rider just cancel.

You'll curse knnbccb

grabhitch driver still kena this......because the cancellation charges not available for grabhitch.

Twincharged
story found in Today.

Last month, I faced a child emergency, but a Grab driver refused to take me and my son — then nine months old — to the accident and emergency department, claiming that transport regulations forbade her from doing so.

On July 24, my son ingested some egg white for the first time, which caused an adverse allergic reaction that did not subside. He did not display such symptoms when he consumed an egg yolk before.

As my husband was at work and I had no one to turn to, I immediately booked a ride via JustGrab, Grab’s fixed-fare service, which was the fastest option on the app.

When the driver arrived, she glanced at me and my son, and said she could not take us to the hospital, as Ministry of Transport regulations disallowed it.

She drove off and cancelled my booking despite seeing the state my child was in.

Fortunately, another driver accepted my booking and took us to the emergency unit of Mount Alvernia Hospital.

I understand that children below 1.35m must use a child restraint when travelling in private-hire cars. I could not take my own child seat along, as it was in my husband’s car.

I hope the Government and Grab can show flexibility in life-threatening emergencies.

Edited by Ysc3

In life threatening emergencies, please do not be cheapo and take Grab or taxi.

Call the bloody AMBULANCE !!!

Ya lah. Call 1777 and ambulance will bring you hospital faster than Grab with its sirens blaring.

• Praise 1

In life threatening emergencies, please do not be cheapo and take Grab or taxi.

Call the bloody AMBULANCE !!!

Maybe that person think it is not so life threatening until need to call for ambulance? Since paying for ambulance not cheap le.

Maybe that person think it is not so life threatening until need to call for ambulance? Since paying for ambulance not cheap le.

Private ambulances prices start at $50 upwards one way depends on equipment used. Like if need oxygen hookup or paramedic assistance, price will increase.

However in medical emergency, ambulance is more appropriate than Grab.

just another self-pwned self-entitled bitch. Ngeow Ji Ngeow lan, say life threatening blah blah .... Still wanna call Grab and want garment to amend the law to suit her  [shakehead]

• Praise 1

Private ambulances prices start at $50 upwards one way depends on equipment used. Like if need oxygen hookup or paramedic assistance, price will increase.

However in medical emergency, ambulance is more appropriate than Grab.

This is confirmed de, any medical emergency ambulance is safer and better in any way.

I don't know why anyone would even think of calling a Grab or taxi for such a thing. Allergies can be life-threatening, they can cause suffocation in a matter of minutes. The time taken for the journey to the hospital can already make the difference between life and death. I would call for an ambulance in that situation, the ambulance and paramedics would have the equipment and knowledge to administer emergency first aid and hopefully keep the child alive on the way. I don't know the person in this case and maybe her mind wasn't working straight in her panic but have to say it was a very bad decision nevertheless. Hopefully people will learn from this and not make this stupid mistake if (touch wood) such situations ever occur

• Praise 1

For those taking rides with Grab, I'm just wondering if you have considered taking rides with Gojek instead ?

When I drive for Gojek, it seems the trips are pretty low in fare.

Bcuz Gojek drivers get bonus from trips completed, we don't really care about the low fare, as it will be topped up by Gojek no matter how low the fare is.

Nowadays i take Gojek more than Grab, cause the fare always lower a bit from Gojek. The only time i take Grab is hitch.

gojek got more cars now?

I deleted the apps after taking those promo rides. They dun have many cars hence take a long time to come.

↡ Advertisement