Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

gojek got more cars now?

I deleted the apps after taking those promo rides. They dun have many cars hence take a long time to come.

Gojek have their "own" rental fleet. But basically any drivers who are driving Grab can just drive Gojek.

It's only a matter of having an active account with them and going "online"

For me currently, I can get a pick up distance of between 1 to 4km.

On a bad day, like National Day, it was 7km, but that was due to overwhelming demand.

So I'd say there are more drivers now.

It's also a chicken and egg situation.

If there are more drivers spread around everywhere, riders benefit, short waiting time and low fare.

But if too many drivers, the pie is too small to a get a trip.

So there is a constant struggle between demand and supply.

↡ Advertisement

gojek got more cars now?

I deleted the apps after taking those promo rides. They dun have many cars hence take a long time to come.

Gojek averagely take about 5-10 mins to come. Usually the Gojek driver not very near to rider location.

Grab seem like it has monopolized the market, fare is now on higher side most of the time. Next is penalty on waiting time, 

grab waiting.png

5 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Grab seem like it has monopolized the market, fare is now on higher side most of the time. Next is penalty on waiting time, 

grab waiting.png

Indeed Grab fare is higher most of the time but Grab is faster than Go-Jek. 

20 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

grab waiting.png

I think the fine for making the grabdriver wait is quite fair. 5 mins grace is plenty leh.

I find the grace period is unfair and way too expensive. How about drivers that make us wait? I encounter many time where by the waiting time isnt accurate. Sometimes when they show 5 mins it could end up 10 mins? 

On 12/16/2019 at 2:16 PM, Jman888 said:

grab waiting.png

recently used Gojek to airport at 1am, cheaper than Grab, waiting time around 8mins.

have also downloaded TADA app and bought some promo codes from Shopee to try out. 

of late Grab seems to be more focused on the food business as my push notifications are all food related. 

• Praise 1

41 minutes ago, pChou said:

I find the grace period is unfair and way too expensive. How about drivers that make us wait? I encounter many time where by the waiting time isnt accurate. Sometimes when they show 5 mins it could end up 10 mins? 

Those are two separate matters. It isn't acceptable for drivers to make riders wait such a long time for sure. These a**holes might be at the kopitiam having a drink so need time to get to you. Give them 0 stars next time.

But it also isn't acceptable to make the driver wait. 5 mins is more than enough time for you to get to the pick up spot otherwise paying for it is fair.

Time is money for both sides.

37 minutes ago, Blueray said:

recently used Gojek to airport at 1am, cheaper than Grab, waiting time around 8mins.

have also downloaded TADA app and bought some promo codes from Shopee to try out. 

of late Grab seems to be more focused on the food business as my push notifications are all food related. 

i reinstall Gojek app last week and started to ride with them again, they are much cheaper and have more drivers now. However, was told by the driver that many grab driver change to Gojek but they dun have much incentive, the gojek system is still quite primitive and not logical.

Less grab driver on weekend nowadays (maybe sch holiday) result in long waiting time and price surge.

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

i reinstall Gojek app last week and started to ride with them again, they are much cheaper and have more drivers now. However, was told by the driver that many grab driver change to Gojek but they dun have much incentive, the gojek system is still quite primitive and not logical.

Less grab driver on weekend nowadays (maybe sch holiday) result in long waiting time and price surge.

Same, i ll compare both especially peak period and most of the time Gojek’s fare are more reasonable

31 minutes ago, Kusje said:

Those are two separate matters. It isn't acceptable for drivers to make riders wait such a long time for sure. These a**holes might be at the kopitiam having a drink so need time to get to you. Give them 0 stars next time.

But it also isn't acceptable to make the driver wait. 5 mins is more than enough time for you to get to the pick up spot otherwise paying for it is fair.

Time is money for both sides.

Min is 1 star.. but stars isnt money.. 

Grab compensates consumer with points when the rider cancel on us..  They dont even compensate us when we waited long for drivers... 

there are bad consumers, there are also bad drivers. 

And also there are loopholes with this Automated implementation

1. what if gps isnt accurate? 
2. what if the driver waited at the wrong designated pick up points? 

1 hour ago, pChou said:

pChou I need to complain just like your observation

sometimes wait for Radx to reply takes days and sometimes weeks but most of the time never

how?

Anyway how is you part time superhero job getting on?

• Praise 1

29 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

yeah, GoJek has one option only - GoCar.

to me so long as cheaper than Grab then I take lor. [:p]

Edited by Blueray

17 minutes ago, pChou said:

Grab compensates consumer with points when the rider cancel on us..  They dont even compensate us when we waited long for drivers... 

You are talking about implementation. If there is any dispute, then you would dispute the charge with grab lor.

Back to basics, do you think drivers should be compensated for waiting a long time? Is more than 5 m a long time to you?

20 minutes ago, pChou said:

was told by driver that its better to key in the full pick up address for better accuracy and convenience. if key in post code the system actually does not show the full address to them and they just have to turn left turn right etc as guided by GPS.

8 minutes ago, Blueray said:

was told by driver that its better to key in the full pick up address for better accuracy and convenience. if key in post code the system actually does not show the full address to them and they just have to turn left turn right etc as guided by GPS.

Especially in private estate

1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

Don't forget the ComfortDelgro app. Sometimes it's cheaper than PHV and yes they have fixed fare too. 

1 hour ago, Blueray said:

It's true. I read a report recently saying that Grab earn more from food business than from transport business. 

↡ Advertisement